PDA

View Full Version : Breachers ???

cimcw
06-16-2011, 7:22 AM
I recently had the opportunity to check out an 870 that was being carried by my local police dept. It had a 16-18" barrel with a Royal Arms breacher attached. It was really impressive. Think I am going to put one on my gun. I saw them on GB and the price is not that bad. I guess if you truly want a tactical shotgun you need one of these. Also saw them at the Royal Arms website. They have lots of interesting stuff. Though mostly for Law Enforcement.

What do you guys think??

If I end up getting one I will post some photos.
Chris

06-16-2011, 8:00 AM
cimcw,

May I ask what are you going to use the Breacher for?

Are you are going to use your shotgun for HD? If so, are you going to blow your door off the hinges?

I can see why the Cops need them.

Just curious.

John

daraidz
06-16-2011, 8:07 AM
They do look cool though...

cimcw
06-16-2011, 8:41 AM
Guess I too am looking for the "cool factor" too.

BigDogatPlay
06-16-2011, 8:57 AM
It's all show and no go outside of LEA and .mil applications, IMO. If you want your gun to look cool, then that add on will please you and being happy with your gun is what matters most in that equation.

But I wouldn't put it on my gun. No purpose served for me and adds weight.

YMMV. :)

nitroxdiver
06-16-2011, 9:05 AM
Sorry if I'm stating the obvious, but there are also special rounds required to do this safely, and your still going to get hit with with some back blast. Doesn't take anything away from your shotgun be having the stand off device. If you like it, get it. You'll most likely never get to use it, but so what.

BigDogatPlay
06-16-2011, 9:10 AM
Sorry if I'm stating the obvious, but there are also special rounds required to do this safely, and your still going to get hit with with some back blast.

If breaching a door, you are absolutely correct. Breaching slugs are frangible. As I recall though, you can shoot buck and slugs through them like any other shotgun and the device becomes not much more than a muzzle brake when not held against the hard surfaces of a door.

nitroxdiver
06-16-2011, 10:52 AM
Yes you can shoot normal shells also. There are also screw in breacher
Choke tubes available from different mfgrs if you have a short barrel already with replaceable choke tubes. Go for it.