PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watching Darryl Issa's comittee?

Trailboss60
06-16-2011, 12:21 AM
It is riveting, Darryl Issa is kicking *** and taking names, here is part 1;

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/GunSm

you can see part II below that (the "meat" of the testimony/ opening statements) and the third part is titled "Ronald (Holder's boy) Welch testifies" at about 7:15, in part III the liar stops and Issa really let's it rip, the democrats dutifully lick the guys boots and apologize, and Issa tells them you apologize for yourself, I have no apology nor does this committee!

I recommend watching all three parts whenever you can.

AND CALL ISSA"S OFFICE, GIVE HIM THE RESPECT DUE HIM!

Agent Terry's family is awesome and the ATF whistle-blowers come across as unassailable lawmen as they testify.

zinfull
06-16-2011, 9:21 AM
Watched it live yesterday.

jerry

huck
06-16-2011, 11:23 AM
I tried to find information on the Assistant Attorney General Ronald Welch, but came up empty. He looks and sounds like New Jersey Mafia. I got really furious watching his part and Issa's response.

Interfan
06-16-2011, 12:08 PM
Darryl Issa is a bad ***. Many years ago, my old company did business with his former company. I had a lot of interaction with him and can say that it is exceedingly rare to find a guy in Congress that has true business experience, intelligence, and ethics.

Here's a guy who is the son of immigrants, served in the Army, then built up a multi-million dollar company that is known as a leader in their industry. A guy who epitomizes the American Dream and knows the cost of freedom.

Why aren't there more guys like him in Congress? This is what we need and if we had, we wouldn't be in such a mess. Where I have a house in CA is right next to his district, and I wish he was our Congressman. We have Bilbray, who is a standup guy, but a career politician.

jonyg
06-16-2011, 1:21 PM
Issa has my respect. That hearing was epic. Especially part III

wjc
06-16-2011, 2:39 PM
I tried to find information on the Assistant Attorney General Ronald Welch, but came up empty. He looks and sounds like New Jersey Mafia. I got really furious watching his part and Issa's response.

His name is Weich not Welsh.

Here's some info:
http://www.whorunsgov.com/Profiles/Ronald_Weich

huck
06-16-2011, 3:14 PM

Here's some info:

Hah, that explains why I couldn't find anything.

Digital_Boy
06-17-2011, 2:22 AM
Darryl Issa is a bad ***. Many years ago, my old company did business with his former company. I had a lot of interaction with him and can say that it is exceedingly rare to find a guy in Congress that has true business experience, intelligence, and ethics.

Here's a guy who is the son of immigrants, served in the Army, then built up a multi-million dollar company that is known as a leader in their industry. A guy who epitomizes the American Dream and knows the cost of freedom.

Why aren't there more guys like him in Congress? This is what we need and if we had, we wouldn't be in such a mess. Where I have a house in CA is right next to his district, and I wish he was our Congressman. We have Bilbray, who is a standup guy, but a career politician.

I worked at DEI as a tech back from 91-94, and interacted with Darrel on a daily basis. I give him props for having good business acumen and growing DEI like he did. He'd started joking about running for office right before I left. And at least he spent his own money on his campaign.

However, if you think Issa isn't going to make a career out of it, you're sorely mistaken. Being a career politician is a good thing if you can adhere to and support the kind of ideals that you have when you first get elected. It remains to be seen if Darrel will keep holding the right feet to the fire like he's doing with BATFE and the gunwalker scandal.

winxp_man
06-17-2011, 2:54 AM

Here's some info:

After looking that this link now he seriously looks like a Mafia member!

ukdkbr
06-17-2011, 11:40 AM
I worked at DEI too, after Darrell sold the company off though, small world. My dad has worked there for almost 20 years, you've probably met him.

Digital_Boy
06-18-2011, 3:07 AM
I worked at DEI too, after Darrell sold the company off though, small world. My dad has worked there for almost 20 years, you've probably met him.

Possibly. Was he in sales, shipping, or one of the assemblers?

CharlesV
06-18-2011, 4:34 AM
Yes i following it--with disbelief. Weich says "i dont know anything if i did it would prolly be confidential anyway." "I cant answer your questions because its sensitive." I cant supply you documents because we have to keep our secrets." "I dont know anything about this operation and i doubt anyone i know will answer your questions either."

So thats it? End of story?

Mute
06-18-2011, 10:46 AM
It makes me sick watching the Democratic committee members doing their best to run interference for the DOJ.

wjc
06-18-2011, 4:11 PM
I watched most of the committee meeting...especially the bit with Weich.

It sure reminded me of the Watergate Hearings!

Rich Keagy
06-18-2011, 4:39 PM
D e l i c i o u s !

gatdammit
06-19-2011, 1:26 AM
Another GEM in part III... 31:09 Chaffetz from Utah... Weich was either lying or ignorant of anything relevant, in both cases, they just wasted more of our money. Thanks. And what's up with Clay and Cummings(?) 'hand holding' of this guy?