PDA

View Full Version : Winchester Defender w/fact pistol grip, wanting to install stock.

Ketsugo
06-14-2011, 4:54 PM
Hi all, now to this forum but not to guns. I have a Winchester defender 1300 which I purchased new in 1992 with only the factory pistol grip (pic attached). It has seen limited use because the recoil is brutal with heavy loads. I want to get a regular stock for it (probably a Hogue OverMolded 12" LOP). My question is, do I need a different bolt to install the new stock or is the bolt for the pistol grip the same?

TIA,
JW

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n564/ketsugojohn/guns.jpg

aippi
06-14-2011, 6:07 PM
Yes, it will take a different stock bolt but Stocks mostly come with a stock bolt so you don't need one.

Ketsugo
06-14-2011, 6:50 PM
Yes, it will take a different stock bolt but Stocks mostly come with a stock bolt so you don't need one.

Hmmm, thanks. I talked to Hogue today and theirs doesn't come with any hardware. :(

prc77
06-14-2011, 6:59 PM
if it does not come with one. Measure the distance that the bolt sticks out through the pistol grip. When you get the Hogue 12" LOP stock. bring it down to the hardware store with you and get a bolt that is the same. You do not need a SPECIAL bolt.

Good choice on the stock btw

Ketsugo
06-14-2011, 7:04 PM
Thanks, I found one on eBay and the seller states the dimensions as well. I'll just match up the threads of the one for the pistol grip and be set via hardware store. :)