PDA

View Full Version : Saiga 12 Youtube cleaning.

juuhou
06-14-2011, 11:04 AM
I'll admit I'm a newb and I cant really decipher the poorly translated Saiga 12 manual. Even If I could whenever I first cleaned any of my other guns I looked on youtube to see how other people did it. So color me surprised when I looked and couldn't find any instruction on how to do it. for the saiga 12.

So any of you cinamatically inclined Saiga 12 owners want to be the first to make a cleaning video that would be tops!:D (or just point me to a video I missed and point out my stupidity?)

NDFMF
06-14-2011, 11:10 AM
The reason nobody has bothered to make a video is because it's pretty much just the same way you clean any AK-pattern firearm. Just substitute 12ga patches, brushes and jags. Hope this helps.

JagerTroop
06-14-2011, 12:00 PM
Also, the gas tube doesn't come out, so you must remove the gas plug (to clean the gas tube). Depress the detent, just like adjusting, but completely unscrew the plug. Remove the puck. It may take some convincing to get out because they get wedged in with little pieces of wads.

Other than that, it's just like NDFMF said. Clean it like an AK.

hcbr
06-14-2011, 1:12 PM
ditto what everyone else said

vintagedude88
06-14-2011, 10:26 PM
Clean it like an AK.

In other words, it hardly needs cleaning.:D

I run a Boresnake through mine every now and then. Every less now and then I'll open the gas plug and spray it clean in the ports. Other than that and some light lube on the bolt carrier and slide, thats it. These guns don't require much maintenance like an AR would need.