PDA

View Full Version : sensitive places strategy

sfpcservice
06-14-2011, 7:37 AM
It just came to me... Can we fight to have "sensitive place" defined as one that has metal detectors and/or tsa style security? In other words it would have to be a place where you can reasonably believe no one else could possibly be armed. This would exclude schools and fairgrounds for the most part, both places that are currently "sensitive" but have had mass shootings due to no security.

oldguy870
06-14-2011, 7:50 AM
I like your creative thinking.

HOWEVER, the goal is to spread TSA checkpoints into every single aspect of our society. They are already using them on trains, buses, sporting events, government buildings, and even high school proms.

Unless we stand up to these anti 4th amendment, Soviet style, no probable cause checkpoints, you will see them at schools, malls, grocery stores, inner city checkpoints, and more...

In my wildest dreams, I never would have believed that government agents would be required to radiate and electronically strip search you, stick their hands down your pants, and fondle your genitals as a condition to get on an airplane.

P.S. I want to apologize to the Soviet Union. Not even the Soviet Union did this to their citizens.

The Shadow
06-14-2011, 7:54 AM
I wouldn't like to see it defined that way. I could see schools just putting them up so that they could make the claim.

I think a sensitive place should be defined as a place where weapons could compromise the security of a place where sensitive or classified materials or documents, necessary to the security of the United States, are stored. That means that inside the facility should be entirely gun free, and armed security should be restricted to the exterior and perimeter of the facility. Another sensitive place is a facility that incarcerates those that have been convicted of crimes. Those facilities already restrict firearms to the exterior and perimeter of the facility. Any place else that claims they are a sensitive area is bogus.

wash
06-14-2011, 8:35 AM
I believe sensitive places will eventually be defined as places with controlled access. The trick is getting the government to agree with that.

I don't think it will lead to TSA style check points everywhere.

Once we get a good share of our gun rights back, I think a lot of people will see that big brother type of programs are a waste of money and this state of fear the antis are trying to create will fall apart.

Maestro Pistolero
06-14-2011, 8:44 AM
When violent crime plummets as a result of the sane majority of us having the means to shut it down on the spot, metal detectors will begin to lose their luster.