PDA

View Full Version : Police Story

Bruce
06-14-2011, 8:17 AM
I'm not referring to those Jackie Chan kung-fu fests, but the old NBC TV series of the 1970's. For those of you who watched the series before embarking on a career in law enforcement, the first season will be released on DVD September 6, 2011. No price yet, but it's listed on Amazon.com.

TVon DVD says it'll be $39.95

epilepticninja
06-14-2011, 10:05 AM
Barney Miller for the win. The only true cop show. :)

bluesmoke9
06-14-2011, 10:17 AM
Mostly because of Wambaugh, Police Story did some really good episodes. I might have to think about that DVD.

MP301
06-14-2011, 10:29 AM
I think my favorite episode was the rookie that went out on the street and got into a chase going the wrong way on the freeeway... Loved that show even though I was only a kid. I also loved Adam-12 which you can watch on hula for free...

VegasND
06-14-2011, 11:07 AM
The only tv cops and cop show I ever liked. Jack Soo was great! Ron Glass, Gregory Sierra, Abe Vigoda -- a great cast.
Barney Miller for the win. The only true cop show. :)

yzernie
06-14-2011, 11:56 AM
Hill Street Blues

oddjob
06-14-2011, 4:53 PM
I liked Police Story because the cast would change every week. You didn't know who was gonna live, die, get fired or what. Great series though.......

9mmepiphany
06-14-2011, 6:30 PM
Jack Soo was great! Ron Glass, Gregory Sierra, Abe Vigoda -- a great cast.
They were excellent

1-M-42
06-14-2011, 7:07 PM
"Dandy" Don Meredith in a recurring role....Police Story, HANDS DOWN! That will be a must buy DVD

Bruce
06-14-2011, 8:11 PM
"Dandy" Don Meredith in a recurring role....Police Story, HANDS DOWN! That will be a must buy DVD

Detective Bert Jameson. Usually partnered with Detective Antony Calebresee(Tony Lo Bianco).

BigDogatPlay
06-14-2011, 10:56 PM
Police Story was, arguably, the best written of any of the 1970's crop of cop dramas. One I remember most vividly was Lloyd Bridges doing a turn as a driven but burned out patrol sergeant. His performance was downright chilling. Then they brought him back the following year as Joe Forrester which wound up being spun off into a series of it's own.

For comedy, Barney Miller, hands down.

nobody33
06-14-2011, 11:46 PM
It's about time. I'm to young to have seen this on the air, but I have heard it is great and I'm a huge Wambaugh fan. He gave me a signed copy of the latest Hollywood station book (I already had the first 2) when I went to an alarm call at his neighbor's house. Nice guy.

Notorious
06-15-2011, 12:55 AM
I don't know if it was the same series, but I recall watching an episode of it with a very young Kurt Russell as a patrolman. I love the original Adam-12 and I even liked the New Adam-12 which tried to be a bit more PC. I also love "The Shield" for its over the top outrageousness. High Incident was great for its 1 season. Never got into NYPD Blue, Hill Street Blues, or any of the CSI shows. Loved the original Law and Order, hated all the spinoffs.

lavgrunt
06-15-2011, 5:40 AM
.........NYPD Blue was awesome !!! My favorite cop show..........

Although, 'Blue Bloods' ain't bad either.........Tom Selleck is great on that show !!!

.....And he's verrrrrry pro-2A also...........

Bruce
06-15-2011, 3:59 PM
Police Story was, arguably, the best written of any of the 1970's crop of cop dramas. One I remember most vividly was Lloyd Bridges doing a turn as a driven but burned out patrol sergeant. His performance was downright chilling. Then they brought him back the following year as Joe Forrester which wound up being spun off into a series of it's own.

For comedy, Barney Miller, hands down.

"Wolf" Season 2 episode. Hopefully season 1 will sell well enough for season 2 to be offered.

Bruce
06-15-2011, 4:10 PM
I don't know if it was the same series, but I recall watching an episode of it with a very young Kurt Russell as a patrolman. I love the original Adam-12 and I even liked the New Adam-12 which tried to be a bit more PC. I also love "The Shield" for its over the top outrageousness. High Incident was great for its 1 season. Never got into NYPD Blue, Hill Street Blues, or any of the CSI shows. Loved the original Law and Order, hated all the spinoffs.

"Country Boy" is one with Kurt Russell in the academy, and "The Empty Weapon" is the other with Kurt Russell. The latter is Season 3 and the former Season 1.

Notorious
06-16-2011, 2:07 AM
Thanks!

cacop
06-20-2011, 6:32 AM
Great show. I wonder if they are going to end up only releasing a season or two like they did with Hill Street Blues. I remember watching it in the mid 90s on A&E.

Andy Taylor
06-20-2011, 8:38 AM
Great show. I wonder if they are going to end up only releasing a season or two like they did with Hill Street Blues. I remember watching it in the mid 90s on A&E.

That is where I watched it also. I was to young when they first aired, but I know my parents watched it.

As to only releasing a season or two, it will depend on how well they sell. If they percieve a good market for more seasons, they will make them.