PDA

View Full Version : Took the plung Calguns

Helpful_Cub
06-13-2011, 11:12 PM
So I decided instead of letting my play money tease me into buying another gun that I'd invest in my future. I just dropped the cash for a CGN Life Contributor. :D

Do we have a Calguns.net logo image for the lifers? :confused:

:jump:

Yugo
06-13-2011, 11:18 PM
thank you. I hope to do this one day!

AndrewMendez
06-13-2011, 11:21 PM
I think you meant to put this in the off topic section.

bigcalidave
06-13-2011, 11:22 PM
Thank you! Look forward to some special offers for contributing members in the near future!

Helpful_Cub
06-13-2011, 11:47 PM
I think you meant to put this in the off topic section.

If supporting Calguns to fight for our 2nd Amendment rights isn't 2nd Amendment... I don't know what is.

MrClamperSir
06-13-2011, 11:51 PM
Way to go!!!!!!!! I'm headed over to make a donation right now.

thedrickel
06-13-2011, 11:57 PM
I would rather give my money directly to Gene or the SAF, there is plenty of money coming in to support this site w/o donating via memberships, especially with the new comm'l advertising rules.

Helpful_Cub
06-14-2011, 12:02 AM
I would rather give my money directly to Gene or the SAF, there is plenty of money coming in to support this site w/o donating via memberships.

I've given a lot to SAF, I'm even on their call list... But I figured it was also time to support Calguns and all of the work they do for us. Even if this website seems like a small thing, its one of the few ways so many of us communicate with each other making us united. We also get really nice updates on the on going legal battles from people with far more free time (I mean involved) than ourselves. :D

MrClamperSir
06-14-2011, 12:03 AM
Done!

I didn't know to become a CGN Contributor is ONLY $29 per year.

Get involved and make a difference. One day we'll all be telling our grandkids about how we took back our rights from a gov'mnt and society who would otherwise treat us as second class citizens.

AndrewMendez
06-14-2011, 12:21 AM
deleted to avoid confusion. See post 16.

wash
06-14-2011, 12:22 AM
While supporting calguns.net is a worthy thing to do, everyone should know that calguns.net and Cal Guns Foundation (CGF) are separate entities and while calguns.net is a great educational and organizational tool for us, CGF are the ones fighting the legal battles.

Personally I support calguns.net with volunteerism and a little cash. I support CGF with as much cash as I can spare and when needed I try my best to show up.

I love it when people want to get more involved but to do that you need to know where the fight is at.

Thanks.

bigcalidave
06-14-2011, 12:28 AM
Thank you for signing up as a contributing member! Despite a comment above, it takes a lot for our people to go to as many shows as they do, and every bit of support helps!

wash
06-14-2011, 12:32 AM
Well, if you look at it in a certain way, calguns.net helps tremendously in CGF fund raising and they do some things that a non-profit like CGF can't do.

Your money will not be wasted.

bigcalidave
06-14-2011, 12:33 AM
Wait, so they're different things? Joy... That should probably be made a little clearer. Maybe something like "Don't support CGN, it doesn't help. Only throw money at CGF". I'll throw money at CGF when its available again. :( So much for trying to help out.

This is not true at all, and the misleading comments are being cleared up asap I hope. For a hint of what donations and ad income at Calguns.net does, look at any of the hundreds of threads about the gun shows we attend and support, the educational material we hand out, and a ton of other things going on that aren't as public. Please continue to support Calguns.net, although the OP has joined at the highest level, I hope many more will sign up.

AndrewMendez
06-14-2011, 12:35 AM
Wait, so they're different things? Joy... That should probably be made a little clearer. Maybe something like "Don't support CGN, it doesn't help. Only throw money at CGF". I'll throw money at CGF when its available again. :( So much for trying to help out.

Alright, allow me to clarify....CalGuns.net does a TON of outreach thru the CalGuns Community Chapters. They pay for multiple gun show booths, hand outs, etc. I am sure it cost thousands per month in that alone. As I stated, it does not go "directly" to the front lines so to speak, but your dollars are not being wasted.
I just wanted to be clear that CGF and CGN where two completely different entities. I was not insinuating that becoming a CGN contributor was worthless or not contributing to the cause. IMHO, none of the momentum we have now would be possible without CalGuns.net.
Your money was not in vein.
Sorry for any confusion.

Andrew Mendez

AndrewMendez
06-14-2011, 12:41 AM
This is not true at all, and the misleading comments are being cleared up asap I hope. For a hint of what donations and ad income at Calguns.net does, look at any of the hundreds of threads about the gun shows we attend and support, the educational material we hand out, and a ton of other things going on that aren't as public. Please continue to support Calguns.net, although the OP has joined at the highest level, I hope many more will sign up.

I cleared up mine, however, I don't think mine was the only one causing confusion.

unusedusername
06-14-2011, 6:38 AM
The honest truth is that all the court actions would not really work at all without some across the state method of communication...

Legal battles are temporal (in the tens of years) timespan. If we want to win in the long term it will take us making firearms an accepted part of culture again and no court filing can do that. Meet-n-shoots, gunshows, talking to poeple at work, and the eleventy billion "what gun is best" threads are working in the right direction though.

If I had the extra cash I would also spring for a CGN membership... I can't even buy a box of .22lr right now though, so maybe in a few months :)

hawk1
06-14-2011, 8:39 AM
If supporting Calguns to fight for our 2nd Amendment rights isn't 2nd Amendment... I don't know what is.

My understanding is your money goes to Kestryll not 2nd amendment fight as with Calguns Foundation. :rolleyes:

Thank you for signing up as a contributing member! Despite a comment above, it takes a lot for our people to go to as many shows as they do, and every bit of support helps!

Are you sure? Last I read it went directly to Kes?

unusedusername
06-14-2011, 9:12 AM
From the link (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/payments.php?styleid=6&styleid=6)

When we reached the landmark number of 50,000 members we decided to introduce a new program called CGN Contributors. If you choose to become a Contributor think of this as a tip-jar. The proceeds from the CGN Contributors program will be used to start our own advertising campaign, improve the CGN website including the search functions, and further the C3 related outreach and activities. We have even more events and range days planned and we think you are going to like what you see. Keeping true to our roots that CGN will always be free, all our members will continue to get access to the site.

It isn't just the website...

Maestro Pistolero
06-14-2011, 9:30 AM
This thread has highlighted the many contributions that CGN has made. I have supported CGF, for some time now, but I am reminded how much CGN is worthy of my support as well.

Helpful Cub, you've done a great thing. As of today I'm in for the annual membership (for now). See, you've inspired me. Your generosity is multiplying!

guns4life
06-14-2011, 9:35 AM
Is the OP banned yet?? :biggrinjester:

MrClamperSir
06-14-2011, 9:40 AM
My understanding is your money goes to Kestryll not 2nd amendment fight as with Calguns Foundation. :rolleyes:

Your understanding is wrong. Please see the link From the link (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/payments.php?styleid=6&styleid=6)

It isn't just the website...

At this point in time you can't have CGF without CGN.

CGN is the grassroots and main support for CGF, is it not?

This thread has highlighted the many contributions that CGN has made. I have supported CGF, for some time now, but I am reminded how much CGN is worthy of my support as well.

AND THIS

Davidwhitewolf
06-14-2011, 10:27 AM
Helpful Cub, congratulations! I've never regretted my lifetime contribution to CGN. Although it's important to note from a legal standpoint that CGF and CGN are completely separate organizations, both CGN and CGF have different but entirely complementary roles to play in fighting for our 2nd Amendment rights; contributions to either (or both :D) are definitely worthwhile and one can see the dividends almost immediately if one takes time to look.

Helpful_Cub
06-14-2011, 12:28 PM
Helpful Cub, congratulations! I've never regretted my lifetime contribution to CGN. Although it's important to note from a legal standpoint that CGF and CGN are completely separate organizations, both CGN and CGF have different but entirely complementary roles to play in fighting for our 2nd Amendment rights; contributions to either (or both :D) are definitely worthwhile and one can see the dividends almost immediately if one takes time to look.

I know that feeling. It was right after I donated my first chuck of money to SAF that they decided to go to war and openned many lawsuits the following week. I guess that's the hard part is trying to figure out who to help and when. I know they all do good work, some are just more useful to me at the moment than others. I haven't given to CGN so I figured they were due. I still have donating to CGF directly and CRPA on my to do list. There's only so much money to go around. :eek:

wildhawker
06-14-2011, 12:34 PM

Excellent analysis, and spot on.

-Brandon

bigcalidave
06-14-2011, 4:12 PM

Are you sure? Last I read it went directly to Kes?

I'm 100% sure. Check out my sig to see how I know.