PDA

View Full Version : ATI Sultan 12 Gauge *pics*

iskra31
06-13-2011, 8:35 PM
Just picked up my first shotgun this afternoon and gotta say I love it so far. Its imported by American Tactical Imports. Its an Ottoman Sultan or something...don't know too much about it but I figured I'd give it a shot, why not. It was a very inexpensive 2nd option to fulfill my "need" for a Saiga 12.
Semi-auto
4+1
Very smooth recoil for a 12 gauge.

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g448/iskra31/IMAG0009.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g448/iskra31/IMAG0010.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g448/iskra31/IMAG0012.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g448/iskra31/IMAG0013.jpg

superman21
06-13-2011, 9:23 PM
How much is it?

iskra31
06-13-2011, 9:44 PM
$349 otd!

Shrubmaster
06-14-2011, 12:13 AM
Is the bolt polished or chromed? Is the barrel chrome lined? For that price.... shhoooot

vintagedude88
06-14-2011, 9:29 PM
$349 otd!

I thought it was less than that more like $299 on one of those Turners Wed. Specials.:confused:

iskra31
06-14-2011, 11:12 PM
Well...i got it from a local store, so it was a little marked up. $336 +tax, - 10% +$25 dros
Barrel looks to be a "standard" barrel, don't know too much about shotguns.

SirGlockALott
06-17-2011, 2:41 AM
Here is a letter I wrote to ATI 2 weeks ago about there Ottoman Sultan semi-auto shotgun (still NO reply):

Dear ATI,

Called on the May 25, spoke with Darwin about a defective trigger on my Ottoman Shotgun I just purchased new. The bottom tip of the trigger has a dent/lip that cuts into my finger, didn’t notice this until I was at home. Darwin said he would contact me the next day, no phone call.

On May 26 I took my Ottoman shotgun out to the range. I fired 500 rounds and stopped at 300 for a cleaning. Shot 4 different brands and 5 different types of ammunition. Not once, did this shotgun perform the way it should. I encountered one problem after another. Failed to extract, various types of jams, double feeds, stove pipes, bolt would not stay back after last shot, unfired shells falling out of magazine tube during bolt cycling, two shells were hit by the firing pin and did not discharge using two different brands of ammo, etc., etc..

Called back on May 27 and spoke with Chris about this situation. He told me to send it in.

I am a guns enthusiast who owns many firearms, various types and brands of shotguns and has been an avid shooter for over two decades. This is the worst experience I have ever encountered with any firearm. This shotgun has many flaws. This shotgun should be discontinued and the rest on hand demolished. Needs to be redesigned and better made. Your customers should not have to endure the same fate as I.

Purchasing a firearm where I live is not the easiest thing. I have to drive out 12 miles to and from the gun shop, take a number and wait for 2 hours and another 20 minutes of paperwork. Wait 10 days go back and take another number and wait for another 2 hours and fill out more paper work. Then I get to the range (which I also paid a fee to enter for wife, son & I) and this happens. What a waste of a days trip to the range and ammo, which is not cheap. Not to mention all the gas I wasted and my time. Now I have to pay for shipping to send back a broken shotgun? Pretty upset.

I am confident this shotgun will never function properly. I do not and will not waste anymore of my time and money sending this Ottoman shotgun to you every time I test fire it and it has a problem. Keep the inoperable shotgun and please send me a check for what I paid. I have enclosed and attached the sales receipt and all paperwork I was given.

hawk81
06-17-2011, 7:14 PM
I think this shotgun is a great bargain. For $300 you can not beat it. Mine works great, shot rio royal shells and did not miss a beat.

thelads
07-19-2011, 8:35 PM
I got the same situation as SirGlockAlott..... Thing wouldnt shoot, misfed, misloaded, double loaded, and so on ---- even had a slam fire to boot!!!! I hit the bolt release, and boom! Safe firearm practices prevented a major mishap / fatality - and several kids were with us.
This happened 2 days ago and I have not yet got in contact with ATI, but would just assume get even a partial refund to get rid of this garbage.