PDA

View Full Version : WTK: Preban 30 Round AR mags?

d-r
06-13-2011, 8:56 PM
Not being a Cali resident, I wanted to know what the legality of selling preban 30 round AR mags are currently. Can these be sold or is it verboten? I just want to make sure everything is kosher and aboveboard. Thanks!

D-R

ke6guj
06-13-2011, 8:57 PM
12020. (a) Any person in this state who does any of the following is punishable by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year or in the state prison:
(2) Commencing January 1, 2000, manufactures or causes to be manufactured, imports into the state, keeps for sale, or offers or exposes for sale, or who gives, or lends, any large-capacity magazine.
(c)(25) As used in this section, "large-capacity magazine" means any ammunition feeding device with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds, but shall not be construed to include any of the following:
(A) A feeding device that has been permanently altered so that it cannot accommodate more than 10 rounds.
(B) A .22 caliber tube ammunition feeding device.
(C) A tubular magazine that is contained in a lever-action firearm.

blazeaglory
06-13-2011, 9:17 PM
Not being a Cali resident, I wanted to know what the legality of selling preban 30 round AR mags are currently. Can these be sold or is it verboten? I just want to make sure everything is kosher and aboveboard. Thanks!

D-R

you can only buy/sell a re build kit to fix your pre ban mags

Librarian
06-13-2011, 9:38 PM
And, to go with the correct answers already given, "pre-ban" has no legal meaning in California.

five.five-six
06-13-2011, 9:47 PM
you can sell all the parts as one kit, as long as they are not asybled

G1500
06-13-2011, 10:24 PM
If you are not from CA, and you have "Pre Ban" magazines, the brothers on the east side may want them, or have a higher demand for them.

emcon5
06-14-2011, 7:02 AM
Where are you a resident of? If you live in a state with no magazine capacity laws, and are trying to sell to CA, then the above applies. If you want to sell to your neighbor, it is legal if your state allows it, which most do. If you want to sell to someone in another state, you need to find out their magazine laws.