PDA

View Full Version : Question WRT notices from SDSD for orientation meetings.

Digital_Boy
06-13-2011, 2:50 PM
I received 2 emails to schedule an orientation meeting, one for Law Enforcement, the 2nd for Courts/Corrections. This jibes with my having selected both options to apply for per the advice of the test proctor.

My question; do I need to schedule one orientation per job title, or will a single orientation meeting suffice for both titles?

My conclusion is that one orientation should be good for either position, but I'd like to ask any current/former members of SDSD for their feedback.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Tacit Blue
06-13-2011, 2:57 PM
I think they talk about both positions at the orientation,i only went for the Law Enforcement Deputy position. But also bring your application in a folder, and do yourself favor. Do a print out of your finances or a portfolio such as outstanding debt. And any traffic, criminal offenses you have committed.

They slip people a Pre-Investigative Questionnaire and people come empty handed and start to forget things they shouldn't... And you will also be required to write an essay about why you would like to work for SDSD. Alot of people are usually DQ'd with the PIQ. Remember everything you put on that slip, otherwise it will come back to haunt your *** during the PHS....

The background investigator will take your questionnaire and tell you if the " Boss" decided to move you along in the process or not.

Good luck!