PDA

View Full Version : CA SJR 7 Padilla (2011)

Mike61982
06-13-2011, 2:08 PM
New! FEDERAL HIGH-CAPACITY MAGAZINE BAN (Padilla)

Description: SJR 7, as introduced, Padilla. Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act.
This measure would memorialize the Legislature's support of the proposed federal Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act.
Fiscal committee: no.

Latest Info: 06/08/2011 - Added Senate Joint Resolution 7 (SJR7). As introduced, SJR7 would memorialize the California Legislature's support of the proposed Federal Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act (H.R.308 and S.32).

SJR7 will appear before the Senate Public Safety Committee on June 14th. Please contact members of that committee and urge them to oppose SJR7.

RRangel
06-13-2011, 2:27 PM
Good luck with that, Padilla. Not only that, but the people will remember. Popsicles have a better chance in Barney Frank's kitchen.

bwiese
06-13-2011, 2:42 PM
1. It's a resolution, so it's feel-good stuff.

2. It nevertheless needs to be opposed for political reasons

http://nramemberscouncils.com/legs.shtml?summary=sjr7&year=2011

3. For future reasons, it's irrelevant (as long as Feds don't do a hicap mag ban which is politically impossible now - esp if we exert pressure NOW).

G60
06-13-2011, 2:59 PM
I read this a couple weeks ago.

From what I understand, if this passes they get to send a letter to the president saying 'we support legislature that would instate a federal magazine ban'

Am I somewhat correct?

Librarian
06-13-2011, 5:10 PM
It's not Federal, it's state.

The actionable text (http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/11-12/bill/sen/sb_0001-0050/sjr_7_bill_20110523_introduced.html) is Resolved by the Senate and the Assembly of the State of
California, jointly, That the Legislature of the State of California
hereby supports H.R. 308, the Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding
Device Act, introduced by United States Representative Carolyn
McCarthy and S. 32, the Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act,
introduced by United States Senator Frank Lautenberg; and be it
further
Resolved, That the Legislature urges the President and the
Congress of the United States to enact the Large Capacity Ammunition
Feeding Device Act; and be it further
Resolved, That the Secretary of the Senate transmit copies of this
resolution to the President and Vice President of the United States,
to the Speaker of the House of Representatives, to each Senator and
Representative from California in the Congress of the United States,
and to the author for appropriate distribution.

Breathe. This is no more important than anybody else writing a note to the listed folks; those predisposed to favor the recommendation will favor the action.

The resolution will get a hearing in Senate Public Safety tomorrow, 6/14.

HR 308 is going nowhere.

bigcalidave
06-13-2011, 6:06 PM
I love their stupid resolutions. Just another way to waste the money we HAVE to pay them...

DocClark340
07-07-2011, 5:16 PM
I hate California; these elected idiots are off their nut.

LET ME OUT OF THIS CRAZY STATE!!!!!!
:mad::mad:

Oh wait, I can’t leave.

My House has no value………….
:eek::eek:

Hahahahahahahahahahahaahah……………………………
:beatdeadhorse5:

Wherryj
07-07-2011, 5:23 PM
It's not Federal, it's state.

The actionable text (http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/11-12/bill/sen/sb_0001-0050/sjr_7_bill_20110523_introduced.html) is

Breathe. This is no more important than anybody else writing a note to the listed folks; those predisposed to favor the recommendation will favor the action.

The resolution will get a hearing in Senate Public Safety tomorrow, 6/14.

HR 308 is going nowhere.

I'd argue that it is potentially less important than some people who write "notes" to the listed folks. There are a few on this forum, and a guy named "Gura" who have been getting some attention lately when they send love notes to politicians.

Wherryj
07-07-2011, 5:23 PM
I hate California; these elected idiots are off their nut.

LET ME OUT OF THIS CRAZY STATE!!!!!!
:mad::mad:

Oh wait, I can’t leave.

My House has no value………….
:eek::eek:

Hahahahahahahahahahahaahah……………………………
:beatdeadhorse5:

Don't let the housing crash keep you here. Houses in other states have even LESS value. It's all relative.

donw
07-07-2011, 6:57 PM
Don't let the housing crash keep you here. Houses in other states have even LESS value. It's all relative.

my house is paid for and it ain't got no value! thanks to two administrations that have, and are, running us into the ground! :(