PDA

View Full Version : The passing of Lee Dennis. Hall of Famer Zone-7 & CSSA.

bjl333
06-13-2011, 1:05 PM
California skeet shooting lost its number one advocate, Saturday June 11th. We are sorry to report that Lee Dennis has left the range, after a brief fight with cancer. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Calgunners won't know who Lee is, but he is the #1 supporter of Skeet Shooting in the State of California. Lee donated countless hours to help run State Championships and Zone Championships. He had use lots of his money donating computer equipments and programs to make the Shoots possible.

I remember meeting Lee for the first time. He is a chatter box. I just wish I had more time to hear his stories, they are priceless.

Lee is a 37 year member of the National Skeet Shooting Association. He is in the Hall of Fame for both the Zone-7 (13 western states) and the California Skeet Shooting Association.

RIP Lee!! :angelsad2: :angelsad2: :angelsad2: :angelsad2: :angelsad2: :angelsad2:

Revoman
06-13-2011, 4:30 PM
You are correct, Lee was a chatter-box, a good shooter, a philanthropist of sorts and a great guy wrapped into one. I saw him at virtually every skeet shoot that Miramar had for the last five years before it closed.

Bummer that he has left us.

RIP Lee.

utvtactical
06-13-2011, 4:34 PM
As a past Skeet Chairman, VP and member of Mira Mar Gun Club aka: SD Shotgun Sports, since 1990, I worked with and shot skeet with Lee for many years.

He put more into keeping competition skeet shooting alive in CA than any other person I know. Lee loved to talk, and you usually had to find a pause in his speech to get a word in or slip away.

He had a lot of passion for the game, both in CA and on the national level with the NSSA. Lee worked tirelessly to computerize the scoring of skeet matches when most of us did not even have a cell phone. He had lots of patience with technology and used his knowledge to modernize our gun club and the SoCal matches.

Lee did put up a lot of his own money to help the sport, but more than that, he put his life into it to. Skeet shooting was his passion.

Our hearts go out to his family,
Mitch, Karin and Harrison Weiss

bjl333
06-14-2011, 9:28 AM
I'll miss talking to Lee thats for sure!!!

I loved shooting at SDSS. I was usually there for the PSA Open. I think there was one other major shoot I went there for, missed that place too!! :(

Revoman
06-14-2011, 4:59 PM
Lee was most definitely a rapper, he would talk your ear off for sure, but it was also very enjoyable to listen to someone that was so wrapped in the shooting sports.

I also shot the PSA for the last five years before the ranges demise. What a bag 'o stuff that is, don't get me started as this is all about Lee and what a great person he was.

I assume that you received an email from SDSS regarding Lee's death. It's really nice that he is so fondly remembered.