PDA

View Full Version : Gun shops in Thailand

50 Freak
12-18-2006, 2:12 PM
Yes, I'm going to the Land of Smiles again......I am told and have read of a mystical block of about 50-80 gun stores back to back somewhere in Bangkok.....As apparently Thailand is a very pro gun country.

Last time I was there, I asked the taxi driver to take me there, but he didn't know where it was and dropped me somewhere I got lost....Does anyone know for sure where it is?

I know I can't buy or bring back anything....But at least I can fondle and bring back memories....(of guns you Perves).:D :D

Stanze
12-18-2006, 2:22 PM
Have fun! A google search of "Thailand gun shop" yielded this link.

http://www.kellysearch.com/qz-product-46054.html

Look for the ones with "Thailand" in the description!

Take plenty of pics of the selection!:D

50 Freak
12-18-2006, 2:30 PM
WHOOO HOOOO, just read somewhere there are 245 gun stores in Thailand...

Diablo
12-18-2006, 3:06 PM
What about the chicks, What about the chicks!!!

Take some pictures and post them when you get back...Thanks!!:D

Fjold
12-18-2006, 3:38 PM

Minor leagues. I've been to Brazil seven times in the last 5 years.

koiloco
12-18-2006, 3:43 PM

caution!!!

They are not really chicks :eek:

But sure are pretty though :D

Diablo
12-18-2006, 5:20 PM

Where are the pictures??:D

jumbopanda
12-18-2006, 6:17 PM
If you're going to Thailand, read this:

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=thailand

Its got everything you need to know...:D

Fjold
12-18-2006, 6:55 PM
Where are the pictures??:D

Never take pictures, never take video. Deny, Deny, Deny!

Paul
12-18-2006, 8:34 PM
Thailand ... my favorite WestPac destination. I've been there a dozen or more times and never get tired of it.

PIRATE14
12-19-2006, 8:00 AM
Thailand ... my favorite WestPac destination. I've been there a dozen or more times and never get tired of it.

+10000:D

50 Freak
12-19-2006, 9:22 AM
You guys that think Thailand if full of hookers are only partially right. Yes it has an "active" nightlife. But trust me, there are many many other things to do there.

As go to watch a "real" Muay Thai boxing match....where honor and sportsmanship is valued more than winning.

Have tailored shirts made for $25 bucks, suits for $150.

Do a lot of scuba diving on the islands

Have my ugly *** worn out tired feet massaged nightly for $10 bucks for 2 hours.

There are plenty of temples to check out the culture is fantastic not to mention the food and BEER IS CHEAP!!!!

Thailand is one of few countries that actually love Americans. And if you travel you will see that ever since the "War on Terror", we Americans are not exactly welcomed with open arms as much anymore....Our money is, but we are not.

Turbinator
12-19-2006, 11:50 AM
caution!!!

They are not really chicks :eek:

But sure are pretty though :D

Chicks with sticks.

My wife loves Thailand, a lot of the things 50 Freak mentioned are right on - inexpensive clothing, massages (not the sexual kind), cheap food, it's all there.

I haven't personally been there, but perhaps some day!

Turby

1911_sfca
12-19-2006, 12:14 PM
If you're going to Thailand, read this:

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=thailand

Its got everything you need to know...:D

Wow, that page was so lame I feel like I lost five minutes of my life reading it that I'll never get back.

C.G.
12-20-2006, 2:08 AM
Eat your heart out, guys, in spite of the baht at its lowest that I can remember I am still having a good time!:)

50 Freak
12-20-2006, 9:40 AM
Hey CG, are you there now? If so where are you at? Maybe we can meet up for drinks.

You can tell me more about your Vulcan 308 AR.

MrTuffPaws
12-20-2006, 11:39 AM

Do you mean lady boys or chicks? :p

Diablo
12-20-2006, 11:48 AM
Come on....some of them gotta be girls. At least the ones I know here are....hmmmmm....... maybe I should start frisking them before any conversation...:rolleyes:

Fjold
12-20-2006, 12:02 PM
Scans of photos so forgive the quality
Copa Cabana Beach - notice the beautiful water
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/Fjold/CopaCabanaBeach.jpg

Me (and a bunch of other Turistas) in front of the famous Statue of Christ on the mountain above Rio
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/Fjold/CristoDelRey.jpg

Diablo
12-20-2006, 12:11 PM
I can see the beautiful water alright :D

C.G.
12-21-2006, 4:34 AM
Hey CG, are you there now? If so where are you at? Maybe we can meet up for drinks.

You can tell me more about your Vulcan 308 AR.

Well, I was in Malyasia a couple of days ago, but I am in the Krabi region now. When will you go?

Yute
12-21-2006, 5:46 AM
what happens in Thailand, stays in Thailand....
Well unless you marry a Thai :P

50 Freak
12-21-2006, 8:44 AM
Will be in Phuket and Koh Samui around the 28th to the 4th. Will be doing diving there.

Geez I'm so jealous of your job CG.

C.G.
12-24-2006, 4:33 AM
Will be in Phuket and Koh Samui around the 28th to the 4th. Will be doing diving there.

Geez I'm so jealous of your job CG.

I think I'll be heading South by then, eventhough I will be in Phuket for a day or two (hopefully not more than that, since I don't care for Phuket that much) before that.

t001
12-24-2006, 7:53 AM
Umm, so is the visit to the Bangkok gunshops successful? Any pics? :D

A tour group I was in many years ago drove through that street/area, and from I could remember I saw lots of .22 rifles including one that was a very good AR clone (no, not that Mitchell abomination, either). I think at that time they had regulations against larger or military rifle calibers.

There are ranges all over that you could rent stuff from, but the rounds are very expensive. I have seen 1911's, BHP's, a SPAS-12, revolvers, etc. You could have personal firearms, too, but I think you needed to have good connections with the police in order for your permits to be approved. Some friends we were visiting in Thailand had friends with such permits, and we went to the woods to shoot a Ruger 10/22 and a S&W .38spl at the durians. :p

I think shotguns are relatively easy to come by if you have a legitimate defense/security issues, like guarding a jewelry store, or a farm, etc.

That's for legal firearms. On the other hand, illegal firearms, mostly military arms, are apparently quite easy to obtain there as well.

WokMaster1
12-24-2006, 11:15 AM
Well, I was in Malyasia a couple of days ago, but I am in the Krabi region now. When will you go?

Hey CG. Whereabouts in Malaysia were you? KL, Penang? Gosh! I really miss the food from home.

leelaw
12-24-2006, 11:57 PM

Depends what your niche is.. :D

C.G.
12-25-2006, 5:10 AM
Hey CG. Whereabouts in Malaysia were you? KL, Penang? Gosh! I really miss the food from home.

Langkawi.:)