PDA

View Full Version : I hate it when....

415dog!
06-12-2011, 12:26 PM
So Im starting this thread to A) laugh at some of the things you guys mention and B) to vent. Lets keep it work related. Ill start.....

I hate it when you are driving around and someone hails you down like a space ship crash landed and crushed a bus full of kids. when in fact its a pdo.

hitman13
06-12-2011, 3:48 PM
Directing traffic and someone stops in the middle of your intersection to ask "how ya get to da wallymart?!!!"

GET OUT OF THE INTERSECTION!!!!!

Falconis
06-12-2011, 4:00 PM
conducting a traffic stop when someone else asks if you can sign off their ticket

fullrearview
06-12-2011, 4:00 PM
Directing traffic and someone stops in the middle of your intersection to ask "how ya get to da wallymart?!!!"

GET OUT OF THE INTERSECTION!!!!!

I can handle the walmart question... I had a bunch of "locals" tell me they had to get through yesterday... Not if you don't want a helo landing on your car you don't... "But I'M A LOCAL!!!" Your about to be a local smashed by the semi screaming down the highway!

TRICKSTER
06-12-2011, 4:38 PM
Someone comes up and asks you a question while you are in the middle of handcuffing a suspect.

Roddd
06-12-2011, 4:47 PM
I never notice anybody flagging me down...

TRICKSTER
06-12-2011, 5:31 PM
I never notice anybody flagging me down...

When I first started the job, I was riding with an old timer who would say,
"I just love this town, everyone is so friendly, look at that guy waving at the police", as he kept on driving.

IrishJoe3
06-12-2011, 8:05 PM
I hate it when...

Your code 3s are on blocking the road, SWAT trucks behind you and police airship overhead, and someone walks around your cones/flares/"ROAD CLOSED" signs to ask A) is the road closed, and when told yes, B) says I have to let them through because its "the only way they know home"

Jonathan Doe
06-12-2011, 9:40 PM
When the driver throws a cigarette butt out of the window, and it hits my hood.

HarrisonS004
06-12-2011, 9:52 PM
When the driver throws a cigarette butt out of the window, and it hits my hood.

That sounds more like fun to me.

You: Did he just try to assault me with that cigarette?
Partner: Looked like it to me, Felony Car stop?

tyrist
06-12-2011, 10:11 PM
When you set up a crime scene with tape, and people think the 1/2 foot section not covered by the tape is just find to walk through.

1911su16b870
06-12-2011, 10:18 PM
This thread is awesome! I have experienced the same things you guys have!

People asking me if the road is closed? "Yes...that is why I have a marked police car with full rotators on in the middle of/blocking the road."

TRICKSTER
06-12-2011, 11:17 PM
That sounds more like fun to me.

You: Did he just try to assault me with that cigarette?
Partner: Looked like it to me, Felony Car stop?

One of my favorite tickets to write. God bless Paul Buzzo.

fullrearview
06-12-2011, 11:18 PM
One of my favorites, is when I stop people for speeding in chain control and/or driving without chains, cite them, have them put chains on... Only to have them ask if they can now drive 55mph because they put their chains on...

415dog!
06-12-2011, 11:36 PM
these are all funny, keep em coming

Notorious
06-13-2011, 12:31 AM
I hate it when:

* Asshats asking me what I am doing while I am on a traffic stop or ped check or handcuffing someone... gee... does it look like I am bored and need a conversation with a random stranger right about now?

* You walk into anywhere (store, restaurant, etc.) and have that same giggling, fat, sweaty, tee shirt and shorts wearing tard bucket yell out, "I DIDN'T DO IT!" or "HE'S OVER HERE, OFFICER!" Yeah, that was funny about 20 years ago when it was said the first time. After 20 years and about 15,000 times repeated to me, it's kinda lost its luster.

* Parents see you walk by and immediately tell their tantrum throwing kids that you will arrest them if they don't behave. Yeah, thanks a lot, worthless parental units, you just traumatized your kid with police images because you are ineffective at controlling your own hellspawn.

* You pull up next to a car and you see the driver acting all cool, leaning back and all, then look over and sees you and then turns his head back and never ever looks in your direction again, thinking that if he doesn't look at you, you can't see him either. Yes, dude, the invisible wall goes up if you don't make eye contact. That is the secret.

* Any references to donuts. Enough with that already. Just because I have a whole box of Krispy Kremes on my passenger seat doesn't mean I like donuts. They are for... the boss... yeah... ummm... right... so... where's that call I am going to?

Triad
06-13-2011, 9:09 AM
Someone comes up and asks you a question while you are in the middle of handcuffing a suspect.

THISSSSSSSSSSS!

Triad
06-13-2011, 9:10 AM
* You pull up next to a car and you see the driver acting all cool, leaning back and all, then look over and sees you and then turns his head back and never ever looks in your direction again, thinking that if he doesn't look at you, you can't see him either. Yes, dude, the invisible wall goes up if you don't make eye contact. That is the secret.

Also known as the "misdemeanor double take." People with warrants typically do this...I have discovered.

ckim34
06-13-2011, 9:37 AM
When people ask me if I know so and so from some department 150 miles away. Yeah every cop knows every single other cop from another agency.....

Notorious
06-13-2011, 6:12 PM
When people ask me if I know so and so from some department 150 miles away. Yeah every cop knows every single other cop from another agency.....

You mean you don't keep a roster of every agency in the country and study it intently?

epilepticninja
06-13-2011, 10:09 PM
People that cover their rear window with 11-99, PAL, etc. stickers in the hopes of getting out of a ticket. That drove me nuts. They thought it was a free pass to drive like an asshat.

The other one that used to piss me off was as soon as you walked up on them on a stop or a call, they started telling you about everyone they were related too in local law enforcement. Half the time the people they were name dropping I didn't particularly like anyways, so it wasn't really helping their situation.

Notorious
06-14-2011, 12:28 AM
People that cover their rear window with 11-99, PAL, etc. stickers in the hopes of getting out of a ticket. That drove me nuts. They thought it was a free pass to drive like an asshat.

The other one that used to piss me off was as soon as you walked up on them on a stop or a call, they started telling you about everyone they were related too in local law enforcement. Half the time the people they were name dropping I didn't particularly like anyways, so it wasn't really helping their situation.

It's one thing when they drop names of people in your department but it's another thing when they drop names of someone in some department far away or they name someone that is not a cop either because they dropped out of the academy or got fired on probation. Like I am supposed to know everybody that tried to be a cop.

ckim34
06-14-2011, 7:59 AM

Or the ones that have the little CHP sticker on their DL

Notorious
06-14-2011, 8:21 AM
Never seen those stickers but I see the LAPD academy "KMA" plate frames everywhere.

ckim34
06-14-2011, 10:05 AM
Never seen those stickers but I see the LAPD academy "KMA" plate frames everywhere.

I've stopped about 5 people with those stickers on. Dont see the KMA plates much but thats because I'm in Norcal.

Notorious
06-14-2011, 2:40 PM
I'm surprised, I see those "KMA" plates all over, even in Vegas!

ckim34
06-14-2011, 3:11 PM
The 11-99 frames and the I support our local PD/SD/SO stickers I see on cars all the time.

Or when you pull them over and ask for their DL they hand you a business card of some police officer with a case number already on it hahahaha

Notorious
06-14-2011, 3:20 PM
Yeah, the "Support your local POA" stickers are very prolific on cars and businesses owned by the more new migrant groups. The cool kids in the know get their 11-99 or KMA plate frames.

Slightly different but another thing I hate is when non-cops pull dumb **** like pull out their security guard badge or an civilian employee pulls a police shoulder patch and try to get a pass. I actually had an idiot pull out his security guard badge and say we are all on the same team and I should extend him professional courtesy. I said, "press hard, you're making 3 copies".

lavgrunt
06-14-2011, 11:30 PM
.......Motorists who see your unit behind them........and come to a stop at a YELLOW light !!!

.......or they see you behind them and not only slow to the speed limit, but like 5 miles UNDER the limit.......just get the hell outta my way!!!! I aint after you, dont worry !!!

G1500
06-15-2011, 12:20 AM
Or when you pull them over and ask for their DL they hand you a business card of some police officer with a case number already on it hahahaha

Lol, sorry to butt into this thread, but this is so damn funny.

:rofl2: