PDA

View Full Version : My 10/22 build.

TxGreg
06-11-2011, 8:33 PM
My 10/22 started off as a plain rifle with a wooden stock. I went to a gun show here in Dallas today and scored an awesome deal on a Tac-Sol threaded and fluted bull barrel. So after the gun show I hit a local gun show and purchased a Hogue overmold stock, a Tac-Sol compensator, Volquartsen target trigger kit, Volquartsen target hammer kit, and a TSL extended magazine release.

The only other plans are for a bi-pod and scope.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5261/5823356222_f653f65790_b.jpg

noob_tube
06-12-2011, 12:19 AM
Nice! :thumbsup:

tommyboy1966
06-13-2011, 1:06 PM
how does it shoot with that tac-sol barrel? i put a 5" fluted tac- sol barrel on my buckmark and was unhappy with initial results. would not go into full battery with any load. with slide back a round would not drop into chamber. had to be pushed.cost me $45 to have chamber reamed. plus it wasn't until after i had made purchase that i was informed to shoot only sub-sonic or standard velocity ammo. meanwhile i'm sitting on 7 bricks of cci stingers. it looks good and is much lighter than factory bull barrel but overall i rate the experience @ 6 out of 10:confused::confused:

TxGreg
06-13-2011, 3:22 PM
I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, it'll be another couple of weeks before I go to the range because I need to purchase a scope.

Big Jake
06-13-2011, 3:42 PM
Very nice. Report back on how it shoots!

Noobert
06-13-2011, 4:00 PM
how does it shoot with that tac-sol barrel? i put a 5" fluted tac- sol barrel on my buckmark and was unhappy with initial results. would not go into full battery with any load. with slide back a round would not drop into chamber. had to be pushed.cost me $45 to have chamber reamed. plus it wasn't until after i had made purchase that i was informed to shoot only sub-sonic or standard velocity ammo. meanwhile i'm sitting on 7 bricks of cci stingers. it looks good and is much lighter than factory bull barrel but overall i rate the experience @ 6 out of 10:confused::confused:

Well with Stingers you really have to check beforehand whether it will work with a certain barrel. Now if that barrel had problems with regular .22LR, then it becomes a problem

caliacp
06-14-2011, 11:42 PM
I have a stock ruger 10/22 and was thinking about buying a bull barrel for it. For this kind of mod, what do I gotta buy to install the barrel and do I have to tweak anything to he gun?

TxGreg
06-15-2011, 6:18 AM
Very nice. Report back on how it shoots!
Picking up some optics of some sort in the next week or two and then it'll be off to the range to put a couple hundred rounds through it. I'll post pictures when I get back.

I have a stock ruger 10/22 and was thinking about buying a bull barrel for it. For this kind of mod, what do I gotta buy to install the barrel and do I have to tweak anything to he gun?

If you're wanting a bull barrel you'll either have to buy another stock to fit a bull barrel since it's wider, or if you'll have to have the stock bored out to fit the new barrel.
Installation was easy as pie. Just pulled the ring off the front of the stock, took out the take down pin, took out the screws from the vblock, and pulled the barrel off.
If you're thinking about a bull barrel and want to cut down on weight at the same time then you won't find a lighter barrel than the Tactical Solutions barrel.

straykiller
06-15-2011, 7:53 AM

a screw driver and allen wrench

TxGreg
06-29-2011, 4:42 PM
Finished it out. Heading to the range this weekend, hope to be putting nickel to dime size groups 100 yards down range.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5308/5886333724_6b425cbabc_b.jpg

woods
06-29-2011, 4:52 PM
I got a nice short er shaw 920 and a hogue stock and I can the same dead-bullzeye every time. Simply amazing. If not for very slight clovering you would not be able to tell more than one bullet went through. I can adjust for 100\50 yards in my head but I wish I had a scope with a reticle marked 25-200yd.

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk

TxGreg
06-29-2011, 4:57 PM
I got a nice short er shaw 920 and a hogue stock and I can the same dead-bullzeye every time. Simply amazing. If not for very slight clovering you would not be able to tell more than one bullet went through. I can adjust for 100\50 yards in my head but I wish I had a scope with a reticle marked 25-200yd.

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk

Nikon has their Prostaff line with a bullet drop compensator reticle. I believe it's 50, 100, 150 yard markings on the reticle.

straykiller
07-14-2011, 3:18 AM
looks really good

Vanilla Gorilla
08-01-2011, 8:20 AM
very nice! i am loving the muzzle break