View Full Version : Rental shotgun for a 5-stand competition?

06-11-2011, 7:45 PM
My wife, God bless her, has been learning to shoot skeet via a borrowed, very high end Berratta 20 ga over/under. She is wanting to participate in the woman's division 5-stand competition at the end of the month in Saugus at "A Place To Shoot". However, her loaner may not be available, and I'm wondering what my options are. I can not afford a decent shotgun for her, and she's not interested in a cheap one. The only rentals I have found are at other ranges and they kinda need to stay on site :-)

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

06-11-2011, 11:15 PM
find a used one for sale...
break out the plastic...

06-12-2011, 7:10 AM
tell her she has 4 options (take my suggestions with a grain of salt)

1-make more money and get herself one.. tell her she can rely on the worlds oldest way to make money to afford a nice shotgun (by this i mean barter/trade.. the worlds oldest profession is prostitution.. but i didnt tell you to tell her to use the worlds oldest profession i said "way to make money")
2-borrow whatever she can get her hands on and stfu since beggers cant be choosers
3-sit at home and cry about it till she finds a "real man" who will get her fancy things she cant get on her own because she is a stupid woman
4-suck it up and be happy that you got her something she can shoot that will do the job and still allow her to have something to eat other than cat food.. everyones first car is not a maserati some people get $400 pos hatchbacks.. my wife to be LOVES the remington 1100.. however she has a mossberg 590 youth pump 20g

obviously if she goes with anything other than option 2 or 4 you are better off

06-12-2011, 7:34 AM
I see you changed the title...

06-12-2011, 7:56 AM
I see you changed the title...

No. Two threads. One for upgrading my 12 gauge, and this one for renting a 20 for the wife.

06-12-2011, 7:57 AM
Chester my friend, that is a five star post if I ever saw one. I lean towards option 2. :-)

07-02-2011, 9:46 AM
Well, knuckled down and got her a used Beretta S686E, 20 gauge, 28" O/U, with case and 5 chokes. If you are in the market for new or used premium shotguns, check out www.joeletchenguns.com. Great to work with and really know their stuff.

Took her to www.APlaceToShoot.net up in Saugas yesterday. It was 108 degrees out, but otherwise she enjoyed it, and she can hit with the gun!

07-02-2011, 12:31 PM
Joel Etchen's rocks! If you are looking for a Beretta, they are the guys to talk to.