PDA

View Full Version : Stripped AR pistol lower for LEO

forGoTen jeDi
06-11-2011, 6:51 PM
Hey gentleman had a question. I prolly should search for old thread but sometimes new threads gain new attention and newer up to date .02 .
don't wanna...
:beatdeadhorse5:
I'm local LEO in so cal and wanted to build an AR pistol. I know i could buy one but for me its cheaper to build and it would have more of a personal touch. It seems no FFL in the area wants to touch it though. I've told them from my perspective that I can have it using my LEO exemption. The FFL disagrees and says I can't because it has to be drop tested . I told him exemption supersedes it and he is giving me a line of crap because the LEO only pistols he has on rack were never drop tested, that's why they are LEO only. His armorer/wanna be lawyer stated also that I couldn't because i would then be manufacturing the pistol and i wouldn't want the proverbial ninjas breaking down my door. LOL, right if the manufacturing line would be correct then I said the same would apply to rifle stripped lowers would it not. that's why the are 100% lowers. I love when the gun shop experts use the threat of law enforcement persecution to enforce their argument instead of showing letter of law. This same armorer also told my brother that the u15 stock is illegal and the exile tactical grip was illegal and wouldn't sell him a fixed stock to go for his featureless build even though there legality is well documented in court.. I almost feel like outing the FFL's name because his armorer is an idiot
some one with some knowledge on this please respond. Lawyer or FFL reposes to the front. please no
self appointed troll/ wannabe lawyer/im a gun expert because i own guns responses please. LOL thx gents

leelaw
06-11-2011, 6:55 PM
It's the same as a stripped frame for a 1911. You need to build it with adherence to assault weapon laws, of course, but that's it.

Find a better FFL.

dantodd
06-11-2011, 7:01 PM
please no
self appointed troll/ wannabe lawyer/im a gun expert because i own guns responses please. LOL thx gents

It might help you out here if you don't start calling people names who could potentially help you out with your question. Some of the smartest folks who know the most about CA gun laws on this board are not lawyers.

Liberty1
06-11-2011, 7:10 PM
I did mine through Riflegear (Orange Co.) back when the calgunner formerly posting under the screen name bdsmch worked there.

forGoTen jeDi
06-11-2011, 7:36 PM
It might help you out here if you don't start calling people names who could potentially help you out with your question. Some of the smartest folks who know the most about CA gun laws on this board are not lawyers.
Didnt mean to offend that statement was a direct result of said armorer in my story. I m a long time lurker coming out of the closet here specifically because i value the opinion of informed regulars on the forum. People like bweise etc....

BONECUTTER
06-11-2011, 8:06 PM
There are 10 FFL's if not more between LA and San Diego that are not as retarded as the one you feel like talking too. So post your city and you will get the name of one.

bwiese
06-11-2011, 8:15 PM
LEOs are not subject to purchasing Rostered handguns.

The FFL can DROS a stripped receiver as a handgun to an LEO.

You, as LEO, only have to build it in a legal configuration (not an AW, etc. - i.e., use a BulletButton maglock + 10rd magazine).

If your FFL doesn't understand this, quite a few others in your area do.

FF/EMT Nick
06-11-2011, 8:58 PM
I'm sorry, but you should out the FFL. You wouldn't want your fellow CG'rs to get treated poorly/told bad info from this guy/s, would you?

+1 on simply going to an FFL that knows what the hell he's talking about.

forGoTen jeDi
06-12-2011, 2:57 PM
FFL was blueline in ventura. The owner is nice enough and he even is selling calguns rifle lowers. He has great selection but his gun bunny seems like the problem. And yes it was planned amd explained how it would be built in a legal configuration.

dantodd
06-12-2011, 3:10 PM
If they are selling CalGuns lowers they obviously know about the forum. I would ask the owner to check out this thread and then, if he hasn't already, join the forum so that he can post an update of their policy now that he understands the law.

vintagearms
06-12-2011, 3:10 PM
FFL was blueline in ventura. The owner is nice enough and he even is selling calguns rifle lowers. He has great selection but his gun bunny seems like the problem. And yes it was planned amd explained how it would be built in a legal configuration.

Was it DW? You might try Fort Courage in Simi, Island View in Vta, or even Uncle Pauls, also in Vta.

Stay Safe....