PDA

View Full Version : Remember the awesome "Will to survive" LASD series videos?

TrailerparkTrash
06-10-2011, 11:29 PM
Those old videos were the bomb of their time! Old videos showing the famous George Arthur Firestone station ambush; the Lennox "muslim" shooting video; the remake of the CHP Newhall traffic stop video etc.... Remember how the LASD actually trained (at one time) that on a felony T-stop, you actually used a handcuffed occupant of the vehicle as a human "shield" when approaching and clearing the suspect vehicle????

Man, how times have changed. Where have all the "good times" gone?

Your thoughts???

Ron-Solo
06-11-2011, 12:23 AM
I remember all of them. I'm sure those lessons got me thru 32+ years alive and in reasonable shape.

If my memory serves me, "Retired" actually starred in one of them. We will have to ask when he is up and about, whick hopefully be soon.

Notorious
06-11-2011, 12:29 AM
I remember the Newhall video and the one where the cop used the cuffed guy as a human shield... but they didn't show the human shield video to us as what to do... the instructor said maybe using a cuffed suspect as a human shield might not be the proper thing to do anymore.

SanPedroShooter
06-11-2011, 9:58 AM
I just finshed reading my copy of the "Forensic analysis of the 1986 FBI Miami shootout". There was a training re-enactment video made. Does anyone know if it available or on the internet somewhere?

Here's pretty cheesy 80's made for TV movie reenactment.
It actually gets some of the details pretty close. Except platt's FA mini-14..:rolleyes:

lBGfKtuo2AM

oddjob
06-11-2011, 4:39 PM
I was taught to use a suspect as a shield as well and did so in the field. One suspect told me that I was going to get him killed....and I knew there was a second suspect....sure enough....2nd suspect, and a gun! Good old days....

Fast forward....I mentioned this in a training session a few years back. I swear the younger folks looked like I just kicked a kitten.

Notorious
06-12-2011, 12:44 AM
I just finshed reading my copy of the "Forensic analysis of the 1986 FBI Miami shootout". There was a training re-enactment video made. Does anyone know if it available or on the internet somewhere?

Here's pretty cheesy 80's made for TV movie reenactment.
It actually gets some of the details pretty close. Except platt's FA mini-14..:rolleyes:

lBGfKtuo2AM

I remember that movie. Showed the two bank robbers as regular dudes who had family BBQ's and everything. Who knew the father from "Family Ties" had such a dark side?

I was taught to use a suspect as a shield as well and did so in the field. One suspect told me that I was going to get him killed....and I knew there was a second suspect....sure enough....2nd suspect, and a gun! Good old days....

Fast forward....I mentioned this in a training session a few years back. I swear the younger folks looked like I just kicked a kitten.

Today's liberals would rather you kick a kitten and bite heads off dogs and sacrifice all the cops first before they would let you even think about harming a criminal.

yzernie
06-12-2011, 7:35 AM
Ahhhhhh, the memories!!!

415dog!
06-12-2011, 12:31 PM
If I recall correctly they changed the "will to survive" to "will to fight" or something similar. anyone heard of this?