PDA

View Full Version : .223 ammo

jumbopanda
12-17-2006, 6:12 PM
I have a birthday discount at Midway Usa, and with it I can buy 1000 rounds of Black Hills Remanufactured 55gr FMJ for $290 shipped. At Ammoman.com, they have Federal 50gr HP for $269 shipped. Which is the better buy? I'm just looking for something to plink and practice with.

Santa Cruz Armory
12-17-2006, 6:56 PM
Birthday discount?? I didn't get one of those, and I have a dealer account! :mad:

hallce
12-17-2006, 7:01 PM
Go for the Black Hills ammo. I believe it to be better ammo. If you want plinking ammo look for some surplus ammo for plinking. then you can save the Black Hill for long range shooting.

jumbopanda
12-17-2006, 7:03 PM
Yea, my birthday is on the 27th and I just received the email that said I'd receive a discount on most products for one purchase between now and then. The discount is roughly 12% for most items. Not all items are discounted, but most are. I have another account under my dad's name as well so I get two discounts. :D

ocabj
12-17-2006, 7:04 PM
Birthday discount?? I didn't get one of those, and I have a dealer account! :mad:

The birthday discount simply gives you about the same prices as a dealer account for a short period of time for one order.

jumbopanda
12-17-2006, 7:04 PM
Go for the Black Hills ammo. I believe it to be better ammo. If you want plinking ammo look for some surplus ammo for plinking. then you can save the Black Hill for long range shooting.

The surplus ammo out there nowadays isn't much cheaper. The 62gr British is a pretty good deal, but its steel cored, so most ranges around me don't allow it.

Ratters
12-17-2006, 7:29 PM
Black Hills is good stuff. Spend the couple extra bucks and get it. I run the 68gr. through my Remmy LTR and it just loves it.

ballistic
12-19-2006, 7:23 PM
Aim still has some surplus mil spec .223 that is lead core, copper jacket.
Guatamalan and Prvi Partisan (Serbian?).
I've tried the Guat and it works well.
Check the shipping cost though, it can be high.