View Full Version : SAW THIS ON EBAY: Rifle Tools,M16 Barrel Vise Blocks + Combo Tool EXC+++

12-17-2006, 5:23 PM
Mods Delete This Please

12-17-2006, 8:22 PM
My first impression is those, particularily the vise jaws, look fake. Faking USGI parts has grown by leaps and bounds in the last years.

12-17-2006, 8:25 PM
SO what your saying is they aren't real vice jaws ? I guess there could be a liability issue if they are used and someone gets hurt not being regulation USGI Vice Jaws.

In all seriousness as long as they grip the barrel. I would not care if they were made in Japan. Cant you tell thats a regulation USGI cardboard box.

My first impression is those, particularly the vise jaws, look fake. Faking USGI parts has grown by leaps and bounds in the last years.

12-18-2006, 6:46 AM
Calm down.... Faking non-USGI parts with supposedly USGI boxes is out of hand for M1 and M14 parts. My impression looking at that picture is that faking has spread to M16 parts/tools.

The one redeeming quality is that the vise jaws only have one barrel profile which appears to be for thin barrels. This is an important distinction, btw, because many here do not have USGI profile barrels. Those vise jaws would be almost worthless to them unless they like the edge contact and the permanent marring of their barrels.

Purchasing new tools is a better option because new vice jaws have multi=profile cuts. One can get a set at Bushmaster for $2 more.

Finally, the seller wants shipping AND HANDLING and when that is claimed, expect him/her to make a profit off handling. Thus, the purchase price is really higher than the winning bid. At his/her starting price, I can only conclude that he is targeting folks who are willing to pay a premium for Vietnam-era USGI parts. Buyer beware then.

This is also ebay who were the biggest supports of gun-grabbing democrats at both state-level and federal in the area (Google has joined them). Avoid sending your money to them like the plague.