PDA

View Full Version : POST Written Test

SacGlocker
06-10-2011, 6:34 PM
Anyone know what the top T-Score possible is? What is an average-above average score?

Tacit Blue
06-10-2011, 6:59 PM
If you get anything above 60 thats pretty good. But the the system is designed that when you score a certain percentile, you did better than X amount of people who took it. When i took the test my raw score was 80% and T score was like 53 i believe.

CA POST has this to say

" Q. How do I interpret my test results?

A. When POST electronically scans your test answers, statistical calculations are performed to convert your raw score (the number of items you answered correctly) into a “T-score.” A T-score is a standardized score that places your performance on the test into a distribution (bell-shaped curve) with a midpoint (average) of 50 and a standard deviation of 10. If your score falls around 50, your performance is considered “average” when compared to other applicants who have taken the test. If you score 40 or below, your performance is considered “below average” when compared to other applicants who have taken the test. If you score 60 or above, your performance is considered “above average” when compared to other applicants who have taken the test. Research shows that the likelihood of successful academy completion increases for every point above 42 you score. "

1911_sfca
06-11-2011, 3:58 PM
When I took it I got a 70. I remember them telling me the theoretical max possible score was somewhere in the mid 70s but not sure if that's true. Most people get high 40s or low 50s.

Tacit Blue
06-12-2011, 11:20 AM
When I took it I got a 70. I remember them telling me the theoretical max possible score was somewhere in the mid 70s but not sure if that's true. Most people get high 40s or low 50s.

Wait your T score was 70? :eek: or was that the Raw score? If that was your T score good job dude!