TonyNorCal
12-17-2006, 1:00 PM
Nothing new...

http://www.50caliberterror.com/

Librarian
12-17-2006, 1:41 PM
Nope, nothing new

"Freedom States Alliance Sign Up!
Organization, funded by the Joyce Foundation, to reduce gun violence. Articles, commentary, research, and news."

Incitatus
12-17-2006, 2:00 PM
Nope, nothing new

"Freedom States Alliance Sign Up!
Organization, funded by the Joyce Foundation, to reduce gun violence. Articles, commentary, research, and news."

Go there and donate $0.1
Credit card processor will charge them between $1-$2 for the transaction.

chiefcrash
12-17-2006, 2:25 PM
Go there and donate $0.1

and then have your credit card company issue a charge back...

M. Sage
12-17-2006, 3:35 PM
Geez, the "animation" of the airliner being targeted... You can tell these idiots have never shot a gun if they think you can hit something moving at 200 or so miles an hour even CLOSE to accurately.

Now I'm all angry.

jumbopanda
12-17-2006, 4:16 PM
I've been angry for a while now. :mad: (see avatar for better version)

But just out of curiosity, what would happen if a plane was shot with a .50? I can't really see it doing much other than making a half inch hole and maybe killing one or two passengers...

patman
12-17-2006, 4:24 PM
If it is true then why does the military not outfit a squad of riflemen to shoot down enemy aircraft instead of spending large sums of money on radar controlled super rockets? They could be saving zillions ;)

Matt C
12-17-2006, 4:34 PM
Go there and donate $0.1

That's actually a really good idea, I'm going to go there and do it about 100 times.

James R.
12-17-2006, 4:40 PM
Ohh I'm in tears over here, did you watch the videos? The lady in the 3rd video proves the unfathomable depth of her ignorance, I paraphrase, "this incendiary ammunition has a special device in the tip...it's a heat seeking bullet".

They blather on about how the gun was designed for the military. That's funny last time I checked this particular style of rifle was an outgrowth of civilian long range target shooting. Maybe the military ought to be denied access to any technology which comes out of the civilian shooting world lest it later be characterized as a weapon of war. That's in stark contrast to a rifle of sporting design adopted with *special* ammunition into a military role.

Sure it was born of the M2 which was for military use, but the first high accuracy 50 BMG's were 100% civilian devices...

Regards,

James R.

MrLogan
12-17-2006, 5:51 PM
Go there and donate $0.1

Hahaha. That's great. I'm going to do it. hehe

Charliegone
12-17-2006, 7:52 PM
Ohh I'm in tears over here, did you watch the videos? The lady in the 3rd video proves the unfathomable depth of her ignorance, I paraphrase, "this incendiary ammunition has a special device in the tip...it's a heat seeking bullet".

They blather on about how the gun was designed for the military. That's funny last time I checked this particular style of rifle was an outgrowth of civilian long range target shooting. Maybe the military ought to be denied access to any technology which comes out of the civilian shooting world lest it later be characterized as a weapon of war. That's in stark contrast to a rifle of sporting design adopted with *special* ammunition into a military role.

Sure it was born of the M2 which was for military use, but the first high accuracy 50 BMG's were 100% civilian devices...

Regards,

James R.

Believe it or not...that woman is in congress....kind it says something about our government doesn't it?:D

James R.
12-17-2006, 7:58 PM
Believe it or not...that woman is in congress....kind it says something about our government doesn't it?:D

It certainly does, however I suppose if she's dumb enough to think that the 50 BMG in single and semi-auto is an effective anti-aircraft gun she's probably dumb enough to believe that each round has a heat seeking device. I bet she has a pretty big heat signature ;-)

Regards,

James R.

VeryCoolCat
12-17-2006, 8:02 PM
We should get some remote airplanes... see if people using these 50 bmg rifles can hit them while they arent even that far.

Be costly... but we could shut every anti-50 lib up.

Maybe we can get the mythbusters guys to do something with .50 BMG rumours.

James R.
12-17-2006, 8:34 PM
We should get some remote airplanes... see if people using these 50 bmg rifles can hit them while they arent even that far.

Be costly... but we could shut every anti-50 lib up.

Maybe we can get the mythbusters guys to do something with .50 BMG rumours.

Hehe that would be pretty cool. However despite as many gun myths they do they seem to spend a lot of time pointing out what's legal and not legal etc. Sometimes I feel like they're a bit of the old ninnys in that regard. For instance the episode where they shoot the gas tank with tracers, they make a point of letting people know they're illegal. Maybe they're just trying to avoid questions I dunno...

Regards,

James R.

sargenv
12-17-2006, 8:40 PM
Hehe that would be pretty cool. However despite as many gun myths they do they seem to spend a lot of time pointing out what's legal and not legal etc. Sometimes I feel like they're a bit of the old ninnys in that regard. For instance the episode where they shoot the gas tank with tracers, they make a point of letting people know they're illegal. Maybe they're just trying to avoid questions I dunno...

Regards,

James R.

Tracers are illegal in California and perfectly legal in several other states. Just like exploding fireworks are legal in other states and illegal here..

Vince

AresXD40
12-17-2006, 9:03 PM
Wow... Notice they have no way of you contacting them on their page from what I could see. However they do have multiple links to give them money...

Unfazed
12-17-2006, 9:42 PM
That site gave me a few good laughs. You guys see the banner about banning handguns in national parks! The bears are apparently stealing them and shooting people! :D
http://www.freedomstatesalliance.com/images/bearbanner.gif

Edit: apparently it took me to their main site the first time i clicked, more of their organization can be seen here along with the worlds only IDPA champion bear!http://www.freedomstatesalliance.com/

James R.
12-17-2006, 9:48 PM
Tracers are illegal in California and perfectly legal in several other states. Just like exploding fireworks are legal in other states and illegal here..

Vince

Yeah I know that, however they are constantly pointing stuff out and making blanket statements. For instance I think they went on about how the 50 BMG is illegal or banned or whatever but didn't bother to explain that people who had them prior to the ban can keep them if lawfully registered. It creates the impression that the next time you see someone with such a rifle you're looking at a law breaker which simply isn't the case, assuming they registered it.

I like the show, I nab it on my DVR and stuff, I'm not knockin it. Just pointing out that I dunno if they're really people you can count on to lobby in favor of gun stuff. I suppose we owe them some debt of gratitude because they've debunked the notion that normal arms have the power to fell buildings with a single round and such ;-)

Regards,

James R.

AresXD40
12-17-2006, 9:59 PM
I sent the "Freedom" States Alliance an e-mail and I eagerly await a response if they even give me one.

jumbopanda
12-17-2006, 10:03 PM
That site gave me a few good laughs. You guys see the banner about banning handguns in national parks! The bears are apparently stealing them and shooting people! :D
http://www.freedomstatesalliance.com/images/bearbanner.gif

Edit: apparently it took me to their main site the first time i clicked, more of their organization can be seen here along with the worlds only IDPA champion bear!http://www.freedomstatesalliance.com/

At first I thought you made that picture to ridicule their site...but that's actually on the main page!? Wow...just wow.

Socal858
12-17-2006, 10:39 PM
someone confirm the fact that it costs them money to receive a 1 penny donation.

make sure that they dont charge you for the credit card fees and let us know

would be a fun project, and tax deductable

jumbopanda
12-17-2006, 10:55 PM
Yea if you could really drain their funds by doing this...I'd donate about $20 in 1 cent intervals. Just wanna make sure it doesn't backfire. :)