PDA

View Full Version : Gun show location in Bound Book

mightyMinion
06-10-2011, 11:26 AM
i have this post in another forum... with no replies thus far. It must be a scary question to answer because no one is doing it. However... a fellow retailer has been sited. So i need to know...

i have a question regarding ATF 478.100 (c)

Is it required to have the Show location in/on the bound book, or can i just have the information available on record upon request?

Paul S
06-10-2011, 11:48 AM
If it were me...I'd put the info of the sale location - XXX fairgrounds as an example...AND the appropriate name and address of the seller. Joe Shmo -
Guns 4 us - 1223 any street - anytown - anystate. IT really isn't as though you'll get writers cramp putting the info in your bound book ( or computer spread sheet if that's how you do it. ) Then you've got all the bases covered.
But then-that's just me. YMMV - Good luck.

CHS
06-10-2011, 12:39 PM
It was always my understanding that the location needed to be recorded on the 4473 and that was sufficient.

If you ever have a question about something in your bound book (or the ATF questions it) the FIRST thing you do is pull the 4473 and check/double-check. As soon as you get out the 4473 it will be apparent whether or not it was a gun show sale.

Look at it this way: If there are any issues, the ATF will want to see the 4473. Period. So it's probably not nearly as important to record the location in the bound book as it is the 4473.