PDA

View Full Version : Surgery for me

retired
06-09-2011, 11:19 PM
I'm not sure when I'll be back on the site since I'm having a double inguinal hernia operation tomorrow morning, so everyone play nice.:D

It is an outpatient surgery, so I'll be home in the early afternoon. Since I have no idea what type of pain I'll be dealing with, I'm not sure if I'll be able to sit in my chair at my computer desk anytime soon. I may have made someone's day with this announcement, so if so, I do aim to please.:D

All of you active guys/ladies please be sure to be safe out there. You retired guys/ladies can just keep enjoying your retirement.;)

Falconis
06-09-2011, 11:41 PM
Good luck brother.

Ron-Solo
06-09-2011, 11:57 PM
Best of luck my friend. Call me if you need anything.

Ron

SVT-40
06-10-2011, 12:01 AM
Rest easy brother!! It will only hurt when you laugh!!!

Heal fast!!

TurboChrisB
06-10-2011, 12:09 AM
Heal up fast!

Samuelx
06-10-2011, 10:32 AM
Hey Sir, wish you a smooth procedure and quick recovery! :)

one417
06-10-2011, 10:49 AM
You just get transfered, now this....stay comfortable!

FLIGHT762
06-10-2011, 11:29 AM
To a speedy recovery! Remember to do what the Doctor says. No powerlifting or squats for a while.

:wheelchair: :80:

Saigon1965
06-10-2011, 11:48 AM
Best to you - Just make sure they're not taking out anything in addition -

brownfeathermedic
06-10-2011, 11:53 AM
And take plenty of your pain meds to stay comfy.Law low, get back to your threads!

CaptMike
06-10-2011, 12:35 PM
Take care sir, may you heal quickly so you can keep this place respectable. feel better soon.

1911su16b870
06-10-2011, 1:01 PM
Best wishes and a speedy recovery!

Jonathan Doe
06-10-2011, 1:13 PM
Best wishes for your surgery. Wishing you speedy recovery.

BayAreaShooter
06-10-2011, 1:18 PM
Best wishes and hopefully your back up and fully recovered soon.

DEPUTYBILL
06-10-2011, 1:28 PM
May your operation go without a problem,and your recovery be quick,and as painless as possible!

retired
06-18-2011, 2:04 PM
Thanks for the nice comments everyone, I appreciate it. It turns out there there was some confusion as to the surgery. My doc only intended in doing one hernia surgery and the paperwork showed a bilateral. He checked me out before they took me into surgery and said the left hernia was very small and a surgery was not needed at that time. He also said he was concerned I wouldn't be able to handle the pain from doing two.

I think he was correct as just doing the one was painful enough.:D I am doing better now that a week has past, but boy, let me tell you.:eek:

The pain I felt at the beginning actually has me reconsidering my planned upcoming neck fusion. When I see my spine surgeon on the 29th, I'm going to ask him what will be the downside if I don't get the 3 level cervical fusion. What can I expect will happen, etc. If it isn't anything major, I'm going to cancel the surgery. I just don't want to go thru the severe pain I will go thru that will make this hernia pain look like a hangnail.

I'll be gradually coming here longer as I improve. Take care you guys and for those who are active, be safe.

odysseus
06-18-2011, 2:12 PM
Great to hear you are out of it.

One thing to note: many people do opt for the bilateral. This is because usually if one side is torn, the other is near to it anyway or not long away from needing fixing and yes - having it all wrapped up on both sides with one surgery usually beats having two surgeries at different times in the same place.

Spanky8601
06-18-2011, 3:06 PM
Glad to see you are back, even if it is part time. :)

Eat Dirt
06-18-2011, 3:15 PM
Hey Bill...

Glad to see you up and posting again

Come -on ....Lets go for a ride up in Bee Canyon .................

Well........ Maybe later............

ojisan
06-18-2011, 3:44 PM
Retired, as you know my neck can be fused anytime I ask them to.
But as the doc said, I can't guarantee "no more pain", and once it's made solid, that's it.
Stay flexible as long as you can.

Good luck with your hernia recovery!

Spyder
06-18-2011, 7:53 PM
...definitely not looking forward to this sort of thing in 20-some years... Glad to hear you're back, even though it still hurts.

retired
06-18-2011, 11:23 PM
Great to hear you are out of it.

One thing to note: many people do opt for the bilateral. This is because usually if one side is torn, the other is near to it anyway or not long away from needing fixing and yes - having it all wrapped up on both sides with one surgery usually beats having two surgeries at different times in the same place.

That was my idea; do both and be done with it. I did that with my wisdom teeth decades ago for that very reason. Oh well, what is done, is done.:)

Eat Dirt, I believe I will take a pass on Bee Canyon for a bit. I thought it was closed due to the fire season anyway.

Spyder, don't think you can't need it when you are younger. My son's friend had one in his early 20s and I just met someone at a graduation party tonight that said he had a bilateral when he was 25. In my case, it was just my age (61) and the abdominal wall wearing out in that area.:shrug:

Ron-Solo
06-20-2011, 1:44 PM
Welcome back. Let me know when you feel like going to rainbow.

BigDogatPlay
06-20-2011, 1:55 PM
Welcome back and glad to hear you are on the mend.

:)

RudyN
06-20-2011, 2:38 PM
Glad you are doing better. Get completely well soon! I have had one and it is no fun for sure. Anyway once your are healed you will feel fine.