PDA

View Full Version : Saiga 12 bolt polish

beep_gun
06-09-2011, 9:06 PM
Hello, my Saiga is running okay on high brass but is not great at using target load. Anybody have experience with polishing the bolt and cleaning up the other internals?

Looked at sagia12.com and found a couple of these guys that specialize in this stuff. Can anybody give me feedback what these guys do?

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/61900-paulys-glass-bolt-special/

http://www.saiga12.net/

peterabbits
06-09-2011, 10:14 PM
i've not dealt w/ pauly before but he's got a really good reputation on the saiga-12 forum. cobra has done the trigger work for both my saiga-12 and my saiga 7.62. i have plans of him doing my bolt and carrier polish work on my s-12 as soon as i come up with the funds to do so. he does some really good work, but more important to me, he's a great guy to deal with and stands behind his work, and if there's a problem he makes it right.

beep_gun
06-09-2011, 10:20 PM
Good to hear. Need a bit of trust when sending the guts out for work.

Brian

Tho_Sun
06-10-2011, 8:54 AM
Personally, i did some research n just ended up polishing my gun myself. 150-199 is just too much when u can do the same thing with some 500 grit sand paper, 1500 n some 2000. The higher grit stuff u can find in kregan or other car shops like pet boys.

Tho_Sun
06-10-2011, 8:58 AM
P.s. u can also sand down the "shoulder" of the bolt a bit to re profile. All u do is sand it enough with some 150 grit to smooth the bump down to give it a nicetransition for smoother mag insertion.

vintagedude88
06-10-2011, 8:20 PM
Personally, i did some research n just ended up polishing my gun myself. 150-199 is just too much when u can do the same thing with some 500 grit sand paper, 1500 n some 2000. The higher grit stuff u can find in kregan or other car shops like pet boys.

Pauly is offering his service for $99 with free Fedex shipping.

Its best to let a professional do this than f-around on your own. The money is well worth it and it will make the gun run flawlessly with any ammo.

chaseface
06-11-2011, 1:31 AM
Pauly is offering his service for $99 with free Fedex shipping.

Its best to let a professional do this than f-around on your own. The money is well worth it and it will make the gun run flawlessly with any ammo.

+1 Pauly is the best in the biz when it comes to his polish jobs. And Vintage is totally correct when he says this is something you should let a professional do. If you take a little too much off you can't add more metal back. Also its not just a polish that he does, he re-profiles the corners and the shape to minimize resistance and friction. He used a lot of tools to measure the exact amounts that he is taking off of each area to ensure that all of his polish jobs are exactly the same. I believe (but don't quote me on this) that he also shapes the bolt so that you can load a mag on a closed bolt and that alone is worth it if you ask me. Cobra and a lot of the other guys at Saiga12 have been doing this a long time but Pauly seriously took it to a new level. Also I believe that if you send in your hammer and disconnector that he polishes them included in the price, but you would have to ask him.

Sam .223
06-11-2011, 5:40 PM
i had Pauly do my bolt and carrier, he does top notch work, i highly recommend him.

paulyski
06-29-2011, 2:46 AM
Hey guys.

Yeah, just a little more than sanding & polishing.
The whole FCG, hammer profile, BHO, extractor tuning & many other little fixes to ensure the utmost reliability have been integrated into GlassBolt all for the 1 price without any add-ons.

Yes, the polish catches your eye & the mix of polishes & surface treatment work in conjunction with eachother, but the profiles which help mag insertion on a closed bolt as well as massive resistance reduction during cycling are the keys.

If taking it on yourself, be careful & if following pictures of my work, be extremely careful, as the reflective finish is quite deceptive for ascertaining correct profile information being as it reflects everything around it.

Whatever you do, don't remove material from the front of the feed foot, or go too far without measurement of the bolt's body to make sure you aren't going too thin.
You still want to be strong enough not to have high brass damage the bolt if you mess up & fire on the wrong setting for a day.

http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz68/Paulyski/S-12%20Bolts/001-1.jpg

http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz68/Paulyski/S-12%20Bolts/GlassBolts008.jpg

I'm trying to get quotes on how to set up shop as a vendor here so I can go more in depth, but it's taking a while to get the info on different tiers.