PDA

View Full Version : LMT MRP upper?

gunrun45
12-17-2006, 2:24 AM
Anybody know what a LMT MRP upper goes for 16 in barrel chrome lined. Looks NIB without the charging handle, bolt or carrier.

I had someone sugest it in a trade and have no idea what the "street value" of this thing is.

Thanks in advance for a NOB question.

fguerra
12-17-2006, 5:38 AM
I paid for my upper about 1080 plus the bolt, carrier and charging handle during a labor day sale, but they retail for about 1200 plus bolt, carrier and charging handle.

xenophobe
12-17-2006, 10:24 AM
Retail price for the MRP is $1489 complete. The shorter MRP CQB retail is $1289.

Even at full retail, the upper is worth it. It's not the king of accuracy, it's the king of quality. Fast barrel changes, and rails that you can mount true return to zero optics anywhere on the MRP.

brando
12-17-2006, 11:25 AM
Yup, I'll stand by the MRP as well. A marvel of AR engineering - modular and very accurate out of the box. This is something I wish I'd had in Iraq instead of the handful of other systems.

NwG
12-17-2006, 2:13 PM
I have a rifle legnth MRP..

It is great! Accuracy is great, the thing is rock solid! I plan on getting a 6.8 barrel for it pretty soon.. I just wish they would hurry up with a bunch of other calibers..

gunrun45
12-17-2006, 6:31 PM
So...would a trade for a NIB SOCOM II be worth this upper?
It just doesn't seem even to me for the stuff I have going with it in my add. Sorry if this isn't in the best taste but I don't truely know much about this system and was looking for some inside advice. The offer includes a detachable LMT front sight and it has been cut down to 14.5 in with a smith vortex flash supressor perma installed. He says the work was worth $300 but it DOES NOT include a charging handle or bolt group.

Thoughts?

NwG
12-17-2006, 7:03 PM
IMO, no... You have yourself a fine rifle there (a magazine fed one to add to that!) Thats is not worth a trade for just the used upper... While the Ar will be limited to 10 rounds (OLL I am guessing) the M1A is not..

I would not do it.. But thats me...