PDA

View Full Version : Coordinated silence?

yellowfin
06-09-2011, 6:13 AM
I'm not a fan of rap/hip hop, but somehow this particular story caught my attention from ARfcom: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110608/en_nm/us_jarule A well known rapper gets busted for violating the Sullivan Law, and miraculously or ironically nothing else. Now here's where it gets rather interesting: here you have a type of person who on almost guaranteedly every other occasion would complain about racism, the so-called justice system being wrong, etc. Here such claim would be entirely valid! The law is CLEARLY racist in its origins and deliberately set up to trap people and put them in jail. The law and its implementation REALLY IS "the man keeping us down." Yet neither he nor his council say ANYTHING about it. Nothing. Not a word.

Does anyone else besides me notice the strange silence, particularly from someone with the means to get lawyers who likely are completely aware of this?

Are the ranks of the anti gun people and particularly that constituency (which clings to them stupidly and unquestioningly) THAT disciplined? Not that I want shady characters misrepresenting our cause as a matter of choice, but seriously I am curious as to just how long the charade can last, how long they can keep up the juggling act of inconsistency claiming civil rights on some occasions and not others, standing up for criminals and other abusers of society and our liberty yet claiming moral high ground when convenient, and so on.

Mesa Tactical
06-09-2011, 6:41 AM
The law is CLEARLY racist in its origins and deliberately set up to trap people and put them in jail. The law and its implementation REALLY IS "the man keeping us down." Yet neither he nor his council say ANYTHING about it. Nothing. Not a word.

Because there is nothing racist about how the law was applied. His color had nothing to do with it, he would have been busted even if he was white. It has happened before.

BTW, the Sullivan Acts were meant to keep guns out of the hands of Italians! And of course, for that reason they should be supported by all reasonable people. I mean, there are limits, right?

yellowfin
06-09-2011, 6:47 AM
They scream racism every time anything doesn't go their way. It doesn't matter as to whether it has anything to do with it or not, so why not now?

Wherryj
06-09-2011, 7:31 AM
I was surprised that someone with celebrity status and possibly the money to fight this ended up trapped by this law. This guy seems like the perfect candidate for the DA just forgetting the case or for an appeal that negates the law entirely.

It is typically the rest of us "nobodies" that end up getting criminal charges for these sorts of insane laws.

Connor P Price
06-09-2011, 8:04 AM
BTW, the Sullivan Acts were meant to keep guns out of the hands of Italians! And of course, for that reason they should be supported by all reasonable people. I mean, there are limits, right?

I lol'd.

MudCamper
06-09-2011, 8:13 AM
Two years in prison for a gun in his car? It's a victimless crime! WTF? And we think California is bad.

intheknow
06-09-2011, 8:43 AM
DAS BULL SCHEISSE

Mesa Tactical
06-09-2011, 3:42 PM
They scream racism every time anything doesn't go their way. It doesn't matter as to whether it has anything to do with it or not, so why not now?

Who do you mean by "they?"

G60
06-09-2011, 3:45 PM
I'm kinda curious as to what was going through his head when he posted that, too.

A-Ron
06-09-2011, 10:55 PM
I'm kinda curious as to what was going through his head when he posted that, too.

I wasn't curious.

Quser.619
06-09-2011, 10:56 PM
Probably used the tax evasion & a moderate settlement as a wedge to quiet whatever objections could be raised. This way the politicians can claim another gun/violence victory & he only gets a minor sentence

CaliforniaLiberal
06-09-2011, 11:16 PM
I'm not a fan of rap/hip hop, but somehow this particular story caught my attention from ARfcom: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110608/en_nm/us_jarule A well known rapper gets busted for violating the Sullivan Law, and miraculously or ironically nothing else. Now here's where it gets rather interesting: here you have a type of person who on almost guaranteedly every other occasion would complain about racism, the so-called justice system being wrong, etc. Here such claim would be entirely valid! The law is CLEARLY racist in its origins and deliberately set up to trap people and put them in jail. The law and its implementation REALLY IS "the man keeping us down." Yet neither he nor his council say ANYTHING about it. Nothing. Not a word.

Does anyone else besides me notice the strange silence, particularly from someone with the means to get lawyers who likely are completely aware of this?

Are the ranks of the anti gun people and particularly that constituency (which clings to them stupidly and unquestioningly) THAT disciplined? Not that I want shady characters misrepresenting our cause as a matter of choice, but seriously I am curious as to just how long the charade can last, how long they can keep up the juggling act of inconsistency claiming civil rights on some occasions and not others, standing up for criminals and other abusers of society and our liberty yet claiming moral high ground when convenient, and so on.

This sounds like a racist comment, don't you think?

"..... here you have a type of person who on almost guaranteedly every other occasion would complain about racism....."

Are you trying to say that only Black people complain of racism and that it's always a false complaint?

When was the Sullivan Law passed and who was it racist against?

Are only Black people being convicted of weapons charges in New York?

Are you trying to say that Ja Rule's lawyer is a disciplined anti-gun person and so doesn't make a 2nd Amendment claim to defend his client?

I'm confused, could you make your post a little more clear?