View Full Version : Any success at getting a private company to modify or clarify weapons policy?

06-08-2011, 5:23 PM
The company I work for has a policy published in the Employee Manual that forbids ; "possessing a weapon while on company property or while on company business;", amongst other things.

I don't have a problem with not bringing it into the office. Their workplace, their rules and all, but this would seem to prohibit me from storing it locked in my car while I am at work.

There are a couple issues, however ;

1) The company does not own the building I work in, nor any of the others ones it inhabits here in the Sacramento area. They're all leased, so technically, they're not company property, but since my car is there because I'm there, I'm on company business and since I control the car and keys, I'm technically in possession of anything in it.

2) At several of the possible locations I might work, the only non-company parking available is for adjoining offices, where they wouldn't appreciate me parking.

Has anyone had any success in getting an attorney to send a letter to a companies general counsel to get either a modification to or clarification of the companies policy towards weapons possessed by licenses CCW holders? I would, of couse, want to do this without being identified, since the company might hassle me in some way at a future date because of this.