PDA

View Full Version : SWAT raid for loan default?

vantec08
06-08-2011, 5:07 AM
http://www.news10.net/news/article/141072/2/Dept-of-Education-breaks-down-Stockton-mans-door

Isnt in itself 2nd amendment, but close enough that calgunners need to know about it.

1stLineGear
06-08-2011, 5:18 AM
http://www.news10.net/news/article/141072/2/Dept-of-Education-breaks-down-Stockton-mans-door

Isnt in itself 2nd amendment, but close enough that calgunners need to know about it.

This is unreal and very scary. How the hell did this get authorized? All for a student loan? Good luck with the guy getting any compensation for his broken door.

javalos
06-08-2011, 5:23 AM
This country is becoming a police state. So much for the Constitution.

Oceanbob
06-08-2011, 5:31 AM
are doing double-back flips right now.

Just HOW STUPID is our Government when they elect to send a SWAT team on a civil matter?

To an address that the female target (student loan defaulter) no longer lived at. And why did it take these CLOWNS 6 hours to figure that out?

Couldn't they just send a single person to knock on the door during normal time and ASK?

A 15 Man Swat Team..?.....dang...don't these people have anything else better to do?

This kind of GOVERNMENT abuse is PRECISELY why common citizens should maintain the right to own weapons.

Kick in enough doors in the early morning hours of innocent people and one day they can expect a prolonged firefight from someone who just won't agree to 'submit'.

JMO folks..YMMV

louscamaro91
06-08-2011, 5:42 AM
My goodness. This is very disturbing. It makes you wonder what kind of petty thing they can get a search warrant for.. Just imagine if he had a safe full of gun.
He would be fighting to get them back.

Some Guy
06-08-2011, 5:44 AM
I wish I could call this unbelievable.

shocknm
06-08-2011, 6:02 AM
There goes the 4th !
Didn't know there was a U.S. Deptartment of Loan Shark Enforcement (DLSE)

oldguy870
06-08-2011, 6:19 AM
It shouldn't surprise you. If they can put their hands down your pants as a condition to fly on an airplane, they can do just about anything.

vantec08
06-08-2011, 6:23 AM
It shouldn't surprise you. If they can put their hands down your pants as a condition to fly on an airplane, they can do just about anything.

Unfortunately, as we continue to degrade and mutate it will probably only get worse - -- unless - - there is a huge shift in SCOTUS.

galekowitz
06-08-2011, 6:30 AM
This should be posted on everyones Facebook status.

Beelzy
06-08-2011, 6:44 AM
Search Warrant and Swat for a Student Loan??...........Put a fork in us, We're done!

stormy_clothing
06-08-2011, 6:45 AM
now you all begin to see the problem as police departments around the country are cooking the books to drive down violent and other major crime statistics the SWAT budget becomes a target so how do you fix that other then adding another "mission" to your annual report.

HowardW56
06-08-2011, 6:48 AM
Unbelievable......

rgray
06-08-2011, 6:52 AM
now you all begin to see the problem as police departments around the country are cooking the books to drive down violent and other major crime statistics the SWAT budget becomes a target so how do you fix that other then adding another "mission" to your annual report.

This was not Stockton PD, this was the Feds. Per the article, Stockton PD only had 1 unit there as requested by Department of Education. Doesn't make it any less scary, just don't want people to harp on Stockton PD...this was not their doing.

vantec08
06-08-2011, 6:57 AM
My goodness. This is very disturbing. It makes you wonder what kind of petty thing they can get a search warrant for.. Just imagine if he had a safe full of gun.
He would be fighting to get them back.

Dam right, lou, was my first thought also. If that guy would have had a dang BB gun under his bed, you can bet he would have been booked for . .. something . .. anything (illegal storage, highway mopery with cause, mooning a sardine -- whatever). And the bureaucracy would flim-flam and stall the return for years.

vantec08
06-08-2011, 7:00 AM
This was not Stockton PD, this was the Feds. Per the article, Stockton PD only had 1 unit there as requested by Department of Education. Doesn't make it any less scary, just don't want people to harp on Stockton PD...this was not their doing.

Doesnt make a particle of difference to me if SPD had one or twenty units present.

Joewy
06-08-2011, 7:03 AM
I see a lawsuit here against california and the stocton PD.
They allowed an obvious illegal search and detainment and did nothing about it. Unless it is a federally regulated business the feds have no authority to conduct any search of this nature without approval of the local(county) courts.

CCWFacts
06-08-2011, 7:07 AM
We really don't have the full story here. The DoE's law enforcement branch probably only gets involved if there is some kind of fraud or embezzlement on a large scale, like identity theft to get student loans, or something serious like that. I'm guessing that's what happened here, not just a normal situation of someone failing to make payments. Millions of people are late on student loans.

That said, I believe that no-knock raids and using SWAT teams to serve warrants are vastly over-used, are possibly unconstitutional in many cases, and kill hundreds of people unnecessarily every year.

vantec08
06-08-2011, 7:11 AM
We really don't have the full story here. The DoE's law enforcement branch probably only gets involved if there is some kind of fraud or embezzlement on a large scale, like identity theft to get student loans, or something serious like that. I'm guessing that's what happened here, not just a normal situation of someone failing to make payments. Millions of people are late on student loans.

That said, I believe that no-knock raids and using SWAT teams to serve warrants are vastly over-used, are possibly unconstitutional in many cases, and kill hundreds of people unnecessarily every year.

To prove criminal fraud would require proving the intent to defraud (steal) at the time the loan was negotiated and granted, nearly an impossible burden.

Lionsfeast
06-08-2011, 7:13 AM
The worse thing is that the Dept. Of Ed. was enforcing a loan held by private bank! In other words, our government has just proven once again whom they serve.
PS. I don't recall SWAT going to Wall Street to apprehend all those bastards who couldn't pay their debts, they just gave them another 800 billion.

oldguy870
06-08-2011, 7:25 AM
The US government has largely taken over the student loan business. The college bubble is very similar to the housing bubble. They make loans to anyone who wants one with no examination of the ability to pay back the loan at artificially low interest rates. This flood of easy money causes the cost of the asset (college tuition) to rise at artificially high rates and a bubble occurs.

The twist is that these poor, young students can never discharge the loans. They essentially become debt slaves because they can not find well paying jobs at the end of their college experience. The people that fooled them into the loans sent their jobs to China.

Oceanbob
06-08-2011, 7:26 AM
The worse thing is that the Dept. Of Ed. was enforcing a loan held by private bank! In other words, our government has just proven once again whom they serve.
PS. I don't recall SWAT going to Wall Street to apprehend all those bastards who couldn't pay their debts, they just gave them another 800 billion.

THIS..^^^^^^^^

And the same Crooked Bankers are still running the show.!

vantec08
06-08-2011, 7:27 AM

Agree. The minute .. . the MOMENT the jackboots discovered she wasnt there and didnt live there should have ended it right NOW.

Fissssh
06-08-2011, 7:28 AM
This should be posted on everyones Facebook status.

Done....

cdtx2001
06-08-2011, 7:35 AM
WOW!!! It gets worse every day. Pretty soon we'll see people shot on sight for J-walking.

Ripon83
06-08-2011, 7:36 AM
Didn't Obama have Feds take over student loan programs recently? Guess we see the new collection division at work....guido move over....we got badges now!

GrizzlyGuy
06-08-2011, 7:38 AM
FYI, the same topic is being discussed here (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=442441) in off-topic, it looks like the two threads were started at virtually the same time.

7.62x63mmUS
06-08-2011, 7:56 AM
This reminds me of that fiasco awhile back going around on the internet with the Department of Education ordered X number of 870 riot shotguns. Nobody could figure out why the DOE needed those.

yellowfin
06-08-2011, 8:23 AM
This country is becoming a police state. So much for the Constitution.The Constitution has been effectively null and void since 1942. Wickard and Carolene pretty much say the federal government can do anything it wants so long as it can come up with a reason to do it, and Slaughterhouse basically has meant that states can do whatever they want so long as they play the right word games in justifying it also. Right now we're stuck in an expensive and absurd game of Simon Says with the courts trying to restore the 2nd Amendment, but little or no similar effort is afoot to fix the majority of the system.

soopafly
06-08-2011, 8:42 AM
the page is down now:TFH:

but i still have it up in one tab from when i opened it earlier

how do I extract the flash movie to download?

i can screen cap the web article...

so it was either a hoax so the news site deleted it, or *someone* wants to sweep this under the rug

**PM me for the text of the article**

soopafly
06-08-2011, 8:48 AM
faaaaaak...the page did an auto reload in my browser and now it's gone

PatriotnMore
06-08-2011, 8:51 AM
the page is down now:TFH:

but i still have it up in one tab from when i opened it earlier

how do I extract the flash movie to download?

i can screen cap the web article...

so it was either a hoax so the news site deleted it, or *someone* wants to sweep this under the rug

**PM me for the text of the article**

Isn't that interesting

soopafly
06-08-2011, 8:52 AM
found the vid on youtube
5vvhBI63BO0

**so now i want to know if this is a hoax and the news site pulled the story, or is this real and a coverup is going on**