PDA

View Full Version : CCW in Sac County

vantec08
06-08-2011, 4:44 AM
http://onlygunsandmoney.blogspot.com/2011/06/winning.html

So wanting to defend oneself is . . . "out of control?" Or is the media finally getting it that criminality in CA is . . . "out of control?"

Paladin
06-08-2011, 7:36 AM
http://onlygunsandmoney.blogspot.com/2011/06/winning.html

So wanting to defend oneself is . . . "out of control?" Or is the media finally getting it that criminality in CA is . . . "out of control?"When reading that, I thought it could go either way. After watching the video, I think the reporterette was asking if the sheriffs office has lost control of issuing CCWs -- which is EXACTLY what we want, no local "discretion"/discrimination.

vantec08
06-08-2011, 9:29 AM
Interesting, paladin

FF/EMT Nick
06-08-2011, 9:41 AM
Horrible trigger control on the one guy handling that firearm. Finger on the trigger the whole time, while in slide lock, when he releases the slide, etc. :eek:

supersonic
06-08-2011, 9:49 AM
OMFG!!! I know that woman in the video!! Now I really "know" her.:rolleyes:
(Ms. Gonzalez is a perpetual soccer mom. An 'always gonna be a yuppy' soccer mom. Even after her kids have moved out. A model 'Brady' citizen for life: Her opinions are just as puzzling as her choice of haircut. :puke:).

Bigtime1
06-08-2011, 11:11 AM
OMFG!!! I know that woman in the video!! Now I really "know" her.:rolleyes:

Congratulations!

So there are 800 more CCW holders in Sacramento county. That's awesome. I hope the bad guys are paying attention. I visit Sacto regularly for business, I'm glad to know there are 800 more people on the street that can help keep me safe.

supersonic
06-08-2011, 11:17 AM
Congratulations!

So there are 800 more CCW holders in Sacramento county. That's awesome. I hope the bad guys are paying attention. I visit Sacto regularly for business, I'm glad to know there are 800 more people on the street that can help keep me safe.

Thank you! Just one more person I can put on my list of 'in Case of Emergency..........LET THE COPS HELP 'EM."

Scotty
06-08-2011, 11:28 AM
4 months, BS. It's at 7 months right now for the initial interview.

paul0660
06-08-2011, 11:32 AM
More this year than issued all time is still a dinky number.

ZirconJohn
06-08-2011, 11:32 AM
That's GREAT news... interesting to track the decline in street crime,
comparison of pre CCW and post CCW with over several thousand CCW
permits issued.

Sacramento will be a great proving ground... I am certain stats in favor of
CCW does in fact hinder street crime.

I have NO DOUBT the street crime will diminish greatly.

Good on'ya Sacto... now go get them CCW's people, and especially you
women out there, please...! pump it UP...!!! :yes:

paul0660
06-08-2011, 11:34 AM
Horrible trigger control on the one guy handling that firearm. Finger on the trigger the whole time, while in slide lock, when he releases the slide, etc. :eek:

Failed the safe handling test for sure.

Bigtime1
06-08-2011, 2:16 PM

This makes me wonder what San Diego will be like after the flood gates are opened.

Rich Keagy
06-08-2011, 3:10 PM
I wish they'd come down to Riverside County and win a little.

shmeare
06-08-2011, 3:35 PM
I wish San Mateo would do that!

Nick Justice
06-08-2011, 3:44 PM
No no no... Think bigger. Constitutional carry in CA ... No, bigger still: Constitutional carry across the USA!

Paladin
06-08-2011, 4:15 PM
That's GREAT news... interesting to track the decline in street crime,
comparison of pre CCW and post CCW with over several thousand CCW
permits issued.

Sacramento will be a great proving ground... I am certain stats in favor of
CCW does in fact hinder street crime.

I have NO DOUBT the street crime will diminish greatly.

Good on'ya Sacto... now go get them CCW's people, and especially you
women out there, please...! pump it UP...!!! :yes:
Unfortunately word is getting out to the "masses" (vs people who visit online gun forums) just as the state is being forced to release 10s of thousands of convicts early. :eek: :mad:

So blood may really be in the streets and whether the net will be an increase :7: or reduction in crime :2guns:, esp violent crime, is anybody's guess.

So, that is the bad news. On the other side of the coin, press about all those convicts being released is a good way of getting people on the fence to join us on our side of the issue and to get politically active to pressure their chiefs/sheriffs to issue CCWs, esp after a win or two on our side in the courts.

jb7706
06-08-2011, 4:42 PM

And they also got the requirements wrong in the story. But at least it was neutral to favorable for us.