PDA

View Full Version : sks 922r comp

richiem71
06-07-2011, 6:32 PM
i need help in this topic with my sks i got the russian one is the T6 of tapco okay what else do i need to change to be compliance with the FED.?
:confused:

five.five-six
06-07-2011, 6:44 PM
http://jobson.us/922r/

cruddymutt
06-07-2011, 8:12 PM
Im not sure an SKS needs to fall under 922r. Its my understanding that 922r is raised when a firearms "distinction" goes from sporting to non-sporting. The Saigas, for example, are imported as "sporting" firearms. When adding a standard capacity (11+ round) magazine its no longer considered a "sporting" firearm which raises 922r.
Since the SKS is not imported as a sporting firearm but rather a military surplus firearm I wouldnt think it would need 922r. If I am wrong someone please correct me. I dont want to be spreading wrong info here!

Mssr. Eleganté
06-12-2011, 9:56 PM
Im not sure an SKS needs to fall under 922r. Its my understanding that 922r is raised when a firearms "distinction" goes from sporting to non-sporting. The Saigas, for example, are imported as "sporting" firearms. When adding a standard capacity (11+ round) magazine its no longer considered a "sporting" firearm which raises 922r.
Since the SKS is not imported as a sporting firearm but rather a military surplus firearm I wouldnt think it would need 922r. If I am wrong someone please correct me. I dont want to be spreading wrong info here!

922(r) is not really a sporting to non-sporting issue. It's an importable to non-importable issue.

Military surplus firearms are prohibited from importation, unless they are "curio or relic" firearms in original military configuration. A milsurp SKS is non-importable in sporter configuration. A milsurp SKS is also non-importable in Tapco T6 configuration.

bigthaiboy
06-12-2011, 10:19 PM
i need help in this topic with my sks i got the russian one is the T6 of tapco okay what else do i need to change to be compliance with the FED.?
:confused:

The stock gives you two US parts, so you need to replace two more parts. Start with the gas piston (Tapco or CNC Warrior) and one more part, such as a Murrays trigger http://www.murraysguns.com/922r.htm

Alternatively you can change the mag to a Tapco 10/20 fixed magazine, which will also give you your extra 2 parts, but the original mag will likely work much better.

BHP FAN
07-16-2011, 7:52 PM
Isn't the Russian SKS a C&R anyways?