PDA

View Full Version : Can't buy ANY ammo under 21...?

SockPuppet
06-07-2011, 2:21 PM
I just moved to Sacramento withing the last couple month. While searching for places to buy ammo/ guns I was somewhat shocked when I walked into Wild Sports in Orangevale, CA. I asked for a box of .22lr, and one of .223. Upon checking my ID I was informed that they wouldn't sell me anything. They insist that you have to be 21 to buy any kind of ammo, including rifle and shotgun ammo.

I know this is not the case, I'm trying to find which section of code describes this part of the law so that I can go back and disillusion this poor idiot.
Please help.

Vanilla Gorilla
06-07-2011, 2:36 PM
it might have been store policy i know the walmart where i live wont sell any pistol ammo to you if you are under 21 because it is their store policy

stitchnicklas
06-07-2011, 3:16 PM
:ban:

paul0660
06-07-2011, 3:24 PM
it might have been store policy i know the walmart where i live wont sell any pistol ammo to you if you are under 21 because it is their store policy

It is state law. 18 and older for rifle ammo, 21 and older for pistol ammo.

And .22 LONG RIFLE is usually considered pistol ammo by stores trying to be careful.

glock_this
06-07-2011, 3:35 PM
You need to do like what we did in the 80's when we needed beer.. just hang outside the store until you saw "that guy" that looked like he would hook you up :)

12voltguy
06-07-2011, 3:37 PM
I just moved to Sacramento withing the last couple month. While searching for places to buy ammo/ guns I was somewhat shocked when I walked into Wild Sports in Orangevale, CA. I asked for a box of .22lr, and one of .223. Upon checking my ID I was informed that they wouldn't sell me anything. They insist that you have to be 21 to buy any kind of ammo, including rifle and shotgun ammo.

I know this is not the case, I'm trying to find which section of code describes this part of the law so that I can go back and disillusion this poor idiot.
Please help.

I wish I had your problem, being uder 21 instead of 46:p:p:p:p

HowardW56
06-07-2011, 3:38 PM
You need to do like what we did in the 80's when we needed beer.. just hang outside the store until you saw "that guy" that looked like he would hook you up :)

You needed a buddy like I had in high school... 6-2, a five-o-clock shadow before lunch, and a voice like Wolfman Jack, but he wasn't old enough to drive...