PDA

View Full Version : Sad day, but best $961.25 on receivers yet

NeoWeird
12-15-2006, 8:03 PM
So I finally dragged myself into Bright Spot Pawn for what could be my last visit with them. As I went over in a topic a while ago I am being forced, partially of my own free will also, to not purchase any more firearms for a good period of time. Well I finally got off from work at a decent hour that let me make it most of the way into Riverside before I hit the rush hour traffic, so I walked in and picked up my beautiful beauties that have been waiting for me.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b354/NeoWeird/receivers.jpg

J.L.D. Enterprise PTR-91 (HK-91)
DCI LAR-1 (FAL)
Ohio Rapid Fire RFG223 (Galil)

It's a sad day, but without a doubt the best $961.25 I have spent yet. The parts kits (which are all but paid for at this point) rang in at just over $900. Throw in maybe another $750 for US parts, modifications and what not and I will come out at $2,630.31 for a HK-91, Galil, and FAL clone. Not too bad in my book, considering that is factoring in the good HK furniture, the Galil and HK bipods, and barrel work on both .308 rifles.

Now I just need to do the work on them myself which should keep my busy for a short while.

PS. Michelle@CWS, Chris@BSP, and Grammaton76: I Love you all!

rssslvr
12-15-2006, 8:06 PM
Nice very nice.What did the DCI FAL receiver set you back if you don't mind me asking?

cornholio1
12-15-2006, 8:08 PM
Awesome. You did a good thing man. I would have bought a complete HK clone instead tho (instead of finding a welder), but congrats.

SemiAutoSam
12-15-2006, 8:11 PM
Ive seen Galil bipods on ebay for in the area of 20.00 if your interested.

NeoWeird
12-15-2006, 8:24 PM
Nice very nice.What did the DCI FAL receiver set you back if you don't mind me asking?

$300 including shipping. I am VERY pleased with it. I would take better pictures to show how great the machining is, but my photographyfoo is weak. My only complaint with it (and the Galil's serial too) is that the engraving is very light and I fear if I blast it before refinishing it I may not be able to read it afterwards. To give you an idea of what I mean, when I picked them up, Chris at BSP had to use one of those lens they use to inspect gems to read it. I could read it with my naked eye, but it was hard to see. I may get it engraved it a bit deeper just to be on the safe side. Outside of that the receiver is immaculate.

Awesome. You did a good thing man. I would have bought a complete HK clone instead tho (instead of finding a welder), but congrats.

Well lucky for me my cousin, who lives 10 minutes away has a TIG welder and has worked on Chopper tanks so he knows how to do very thin seams on sheet steel. :D

Ive seen Galil bipods on ebay for in the area of 20.00 if your interested.

Yeah, I got excited when you posted the last thread, but it was for a 7.62 galil and not the 5.56. Also, I haven't gotten my hands on my Galil parts kit yet, but I've been told that it does NOT have the proper gas block for the bipod, so I will have to get that as well, and I've heard they are a bit harder to find, but I haven't looked so I don't know HOW hard/exspensive it will be.

1hotshooter
12-15-2006, 8:37 PM
Neo,

I think you've got a bad case of the BRD!!

No use fighting it...

:D

And, you are very welcome - the smile on your face says it all!

blacklisted
12-15-2006, 8:41 PM
Where could I find one of these FAL receivers? Are there any more available right now? Maybe I'll build a FAL for myself for Christmas :D

I'm on a very tight budget, but ~300 for the receiver + transfer fees would be doable.

wilit
12-15-2006, 8:42 PM
OMG the DCI receivers are ready! I must buy!

NSR500
12-15-2006, 8:46 PM
That's Awesome NEO! I'm really digging the JLD and may have to pick one up too now... Damn BRD... ;)

Skammy
12-15-2006, 8:47 PM
Now just spend the money you would had spent on guns on gear and shooting classes :D

rssslvr
12-15-2006, 8:52 PM
Yeah, I got excited when you posted the last thread, but it was for a 7.62 galil and not the 5.56. Also, I haven't gotten my hands on my Galil parts kit yet, but I've been told that it does NOT have the proper gas block for the bipod, so I will have to get that as well, and I've heard they are a bit harder to find, but I haven't looked so I don't know HOW hard/exspensive it will be.
You are correct you will need a different gas block.Sarco has some galil parts check with them and see if they have the gas block you need and vulcan of all places has some IMI galil parts too

Edit Blackthorne Products has the gas block you need but I think they are vulcan or closely related
http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=62213419
and here is the carry handle that is supposed to go on the ARM models
http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=62314648
and the handguards
http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=62314691

Here is their web site
http://blackthorneproducts.com/

NeoWeird
12-15-2006, 9:09 PM
Neo,

I think you've got a bad case of the BRD!!

No use fighting it...

:D

And, you are very welcome - the smile on your face says it all!

Oh I bet you just LOVE the fact that I have the BRD bad. Is it sad that I don't put my friend's numbers in my phone, but I have CWS in my contacts list?

PS. We need to talk about how those parts kits are going to get seperated, and also about the other parts that you have for me.

Where could I find one of these FAL receivers? Are there any more available right now? Maybe I'll build a FAL for myself for Christmas :D

I'm on a very tight budget, but ~300 for the receiver + transfer fees would be doable.

I personally got it from a guy named Court Sweat who runs out of Florida. He has another wave of them on order, but I got his first and only (as I understand it, see next response down for more details). He has lots of other receivers, including DSA, Century, Entreprise, and sometimes Imbels. He also stocks AK receiver, AR receivers, PTR receivers, and some others as well. You can see his main listing here:

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=129891

Sort of. They are filling back order status as they are finished. Court got on the list when they were first announced, his came in and I just happened to contact him just after he received it. I jumped on it. It's number 16 (ok, so there is a number followed by a bunch of zeros and then 16, but I believe the first number denotes 'run' as I believe this is the third time DCI has been contracted to run FAL receivers (Nodak is doing it now, and I know before that FAC was doing it, and I heard someone else had them before that).

That's Awesome NEO! I'm really digging the JLD and may have to pick one up too now... Damn BRD... ;)

Contact CWS, they have a small lot of them in stock. Vector does NOT make receivers for the HK-91 clones, they use JLD receivers, so JLD and Century are your only options in this department and just about EVERYONE is sold out of them (trust me, it took me 6 weeks of constant scouring to find them). Also, funnily enough, they are full auto receivers that have the pin hole welded over with a piece of steel. You can't see it from the outside, but you can see the edges of the hole on the inside. I found it funny since all it would take is a drill and a file to return it to 'normal'.

Now just spend the money you would had spent on guns on gear and shooting classes :D

That's the plan! I promised her I wouldn't buy anymore firearms, but I never said ANYTHING about parts, ammo, training, range memberships, educational materials, etc. That's why I am stocking up on receivers: 5 AR, 4 AK, 1 Bushmaster Carbon Fiber, and now these Three Amigos.

You are correct you will need a different gas block.Sarco has some galil parts check with them and see if they have the gas block you need and vulcan of all places has some IMI galil parts too

Edit Blackthorne Products has the gas block you need but I think they are vulcan or closely related
http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=62213419
and here is the carry handle that is supposed to go on the ARM models
http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=62314648
and the handguards
http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=62314691

Yes Blackthorne IS Vulcan and I probably wouldn't touch them unless I could confirm the parts were not made by Vulcan themselves. I figured Vector, JLD, etc would be good sources for the common parts and then gunbroker, arfcom, FALfiles, here, etc would be good places to scour until I found the little parts I needed.

I ****ed my FAL gas block up and had to find a replacement. You can't imagine how hard it is to find one of those buggers without getting ripped off. I still don't have one yet, but I did find someone who has one for $40 shipped that I will probably get very soon so I can finish my FAL build.

rssslvr
12-15-2006, 9:14 PM
Check out uzitalk.com.People are saying that the parts they have got from vulcan are true unissued IMI galil parts.Believe me the only reason I don't have a .308 AR Right now is cause I won't own a vulcan product.

NeoWeird
12-15-2006, 9:18 PM
Check out uzitalk.com.People are saying that the parts they have got from vulcan are true unissued IMI galil parts.Believe me the only reason I don't have a .308 AR Right now is cause I won't own a vulcan product.

Oh, I am not saying you're wrong. I believe you. DSA, JLD, Entreprise, Atlantic, Special Weapons, etc. They ALL use SOME real parts in their clones. It's how they keep the cost down. If I knew for a fact that a part that Vulcan had was a surplus part and not manufactured by them, I would buy it, but unless I knew for sure I probably wouldn't risk it. I'd rather pay 10% more and know for sure that it was real than take my chance and gamble with Vulcan and their crap.

This is what I need to get:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=62176210

$50 bucks isn't too bad....until you see that the reserve is NOT met and that the buyout price is $250.

rssslvr
12-15-2006, 9:23 PM
Oh, I am not saying you're wrong. I believe you. DSA, JLD, Entreprise, Atlantic, Special Weapons, etc. They ALL use SOME real parts in their clones. It's how they keep the cost down. If I knew for a fact that a part that Vulcan had was a surplus part and not manufactured by them, I would buy it, but unless I knew for sure I probably wouldn't risk it. I'd rather pay 10% more and know for sure that it was real than take my chance and gamble with Vulcan and their crap.

This is what I need to get:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=62176210

$50 bucks isn't too bad....until you see that the reserve is NOT met and that the buyout price is $250.
I hear ya.I am reluctant to order from them too but I was just telling you what I have heard.

Socal858
12-16-2006, 12:51 AM
oh man. you are evil for telling us DCI is finally putting those receivers out. i am going to ahve to juggle between finishing a lower or getting a DCI upper

anotherone
12-16-2006, 3:15 AM
Has anyone even built up a Cali-Galil yet? This could be another first...

cornholio1
12-16-2006, 7:05 AM

Not me, but sounds intresting. I only really want one rifle receiver, but due to the pricing structure at the local FFL, I end up getting at least 3 receivers. My only problem now if I don't know of anymore OLL receivers I can build from. I know of the FAL, PTR91, AR's, AKs

rssslvr
12-16-2006, 10:03 AM
There's a couple of us that are going to build a Cali galil.Hopefully we will all be getting together for a small build party soon.:DI may end up doing 2

NoTime2Shoot
12-16-2006, 10:40 AM

BARNACLES!!!

I wonder if we can get a better deal if we buy two at a time! :D

blacklisted
12-16-2006, 2:20 PM
BARNACLES!!!

I wonder if we can get a better deal if we buy two at a time! :D

Probably not, because they seem to have around 1000 backorders. :eek:

thedrickel
12-16-2006, 4:53 PM
Ohh man I'm dyin for the DCI uppers. I'd take 5 if they were actually available for sale to the general public, and not only to folks that got on the list 2 years ago.
:(

rssslvr
12-16-2006, 5:20 PM
Ohh man I'm dyin for the DCI uppers. I'd take 5 if they were actually available for sale to the general public, and not only to folks that got on the list 2 years ago.
:(
You can get a DSA for just a little more if you really want it now

Tweak338
12-16-2006, 5:22 PM
What caliber is the Galil? 5.56 or 7.62?

rssslvr
12-16-2006, 5:24 PM
Good luck with the search for a 7.62 Galil parts kit Neo

i searched last night and all i could find was the Galil ARM in 5.56..
His kit is a 5.56 AR same as mine

Tweak338
12-16-2006, 5:30 PM
Thats why i edited my post :p
i realized theat ORF doesnt make the 7.62..

Personally i wouldnt own a Galil unless it was the 7.62 version

rssslvr
12-16-2006, 5:37 PM
Thats why i edited my post :p
i realized theat ORF doesnt make the 7.62..

Personally i wouldnt own a Galil unless it was the 7.62 version
Well since the IMI galils are listed I'll take what I can get.Always wanted a galil and this is the only way I can have one for now.

NeoWeird
12-16-2006, 6:15 PM
Well since the IMI galils are listed I'll take what I can get.Always wanted a galil and this is the only way I can have one for now.

Exactly. Now here's hoping I can squirrel enough money away for a POF lower and my other uber special receiver (which I won't tell you about, so don't ask) so that I can grab those before we get married (so I just won't tell her I made another firearms purchase after I told her ONLY one more). Who knows, maybe I can open a line of credit with CWS. :p

It's all their fault anyways...

rssslvr
12-16-2006, 6:17 PM
Exactly. Now here's hoping I can squirrel enough money away for a POF lower and my other uber special receiver (which I won't tell you about, so don't ask) so that I can grab those before we get married (so I just won't tell her I made another firearms purchase after I told her ONLY one more). Who knows, maybe I can open a line of credit with CWS. :p

It's all their fault anyways...
AH come on tell me:p

NeoWeird
12-16-2006, 6:54 PM
AH come on tell me:p

Not even if you say pretty please. I don't want to jinx it, so I am not saying until it is in my hands or until someone else let's the cat out of the bag.

rssslvr
12-16-2006, 7:03 PM
Not even if you say pretty please. I don't want to jinx it, so I am not saying until it is in my hands or until someone else let's the cat out of the bag.
Pretty pretty please with sugar on top.HAHAHAHA.Its cool I can't buy any more guns till after the holidays are over anyways or the wife may kill me.She keeps trying to get the combo for the safe.I don't know how much longer I can keep comming up with reasons why she doesn't need it:eek:

Q
12-16-2006, 8:23 PM
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b354/NeoWeird/receivers.jpg

NEO stop tempting me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
very nice. :)