PDA

View Full Version : Where to shoot trap in san diego

AIMSMALL
06-07-2011, 9:31 AM
Ok so I've never actually shot trap before an I'm really interested in giving it a try but don't know where do go since Mira mar is closed. Is there another place around that does actual trap shooting?

I've shot plenty of clays that me and my friends toss with a hand launcher and I'm pretty good at that so I'm looking for a new challenge. Thanks for any help.

Justintoxicated
06-07-2011, 9:36 AM
P2K
Theres a club in Escondido too, but I think it is invite only or something.

Kilenger
06-07-2011, 10:55 AM
P2K has a solid trap and 5 stand setup. Open to the public without reservations and prices are reasonable. You just have to pass a safety test once and keep the card handy for future visits

http://www.project2000range.com/.

utvtactical
06-07-2011, 12:04 PM
Lemon Grove Gun Club has a range in Alpine, you have to become a member to shoot, except for their once a month sporting clays event.

AIMSMALL
06-07-2011, 12:37 PM
Thanks guys I'll check into p2k. Also, I know Escondido fish and game has open to the public clay shooting on Wednesday and Saturday but I don't think it's trap.

brownfeathermedic
06-07-2011, 12:48 PM
Southbay Rod & Gun Club has a trap range,fee-20.00 day use, call first to see if enough R.O's are there. (619) 468-3070.Dulura ,Ca east of JAMUL.

rareair
06-11-2011, 8:17 PM
The Escondido Gun Club does have trap shooting available to the public twice a week, and only at night. The days I believe are Friday & Sunday. Something like $5/rnd (25 clays)

rareair
06-11-2011, 8:19 PM
Faith Armory has a trap range off Winchester Rd in Temecula, across the street from the small airport

Revoman
06-11-2011, 9:25 PM
There is also a trap range at Rainbow, not sure if it's open all of the time though. You might wanna check before embarking.

AIMSMALL
06-11-2011, 10:36 PM
I was just at rainbow yesterday (first time there) and I saw a few clays flying but didn't see the whole trap setup, I wasn't close enough to that part of the range. I wished I would have brought the shotgun out but I had enough stuff to carry as it was and when I left the house I really didn't know what to expect when I got there. Next time I go out the shotty is coming with me!

eltorito
06-11-2011, 11:12 PM
Rainbow has a trap club. Shoots I think are on wednesday and saturdays.

I shoot skeet and trap at range in Camp Pendleton.

Danz la Nuit
06-12-2011, 8:16 AM
Buy yourself a thrower, take a friend out to the "shootin' oaks"

much cheaper than paying range fee's & such

missiondude
06-12-2011, 11:07 AM
Lemon Grove Gun Club has a range in Alpine, you have to become a member to shoot, except for their once a month sporting clays event.

Actually, 5 stand on tuesday morning and wednesday afternoon are open to the public as is the friday night pot shoot. Check their calendar for shoots open to the public. If you know a member, you can go as a guest anytime as long as they are there with you.

AIMSMALL
06-12-2011, 1:38 PM
Buy yourself a thrower, take a friend out to the "shootin' oaks"

much cheaper than paying range fee's & such

I got one a long time ago and it's is so much fun I want to try out the real thing and shoot trap. I'll get to one of the places mentioned in the thread soon and I'll post a little range report here. Thanks to all of you guys for the info provided.