PDA

View Full Version : Gunwalker gun downs Mexican army chopper

vantec08
06-07-2011, 4:18 AM
http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-st-louis/confirmed-mexican-military-helicopter-was-shot-down-with-gunwalked-rifle

The party is getting interesting.

lgm118icbm
06-07-2011, 5:44 AM
More neutral that I would have expected. Anybody who still thinks Gunwalker was a "sting operation" needs to have their head examined.

PsychGuy274
06-07-2011, 6:09 AM
Hopefully this will help H.R. 1093.

Sutcliffe
06-07-2011, 7:01 AM
Are the cartels not powerful or sophisticated enough to get something a little more lethal for taking out helicopters. I have this image of piles of military weaponry that they have access to and they use a .50 to take down a federale helo?

bob7122
06-07-2011, 7:16 AM
Are the cartels not powerful or sophisticated enough to get something a little more lethal for taking out helicopters. I have this image of piles of military weaponry that they have access to and they use a .50 to take down a federale helo?

cuz its cooler with a fifty duh!!!! jk im wondering too

Bhobbs
06-07-2011, 7:32 AM

Well it worked. Why fire off rockets or missiles that cost hundreds or thousands of dollars when you can send up a couple of .50 BMGs that cost a few bucks?

vantec08
06-07-2011, 7:59 AM
Well it worked. Why fire off rockets or missiles that cost hundreds or thousands of dollars when you can send up a couple of .50 BMGs that cost a few bucks?

makes sense to me.

Sutcliffe
06-07-2011, 8:08 AM
Forcing a helo down with a $5 BMG bullet somehow sends more of a message than blowing one apart with a Stinger that they are probably stealing from the mexican army anyway?

furyous68
06-07-2011, 8:25 AM
Forcing a helo down with a $5 BMG bullet somehow sends more of a message than blowing one apart with a Stinger that they are probably stealing from the mexican army anyway?

Yep.. it says "our guys can aim better than your guys". I say it's got that fear factor that keeps the Mexican military looking over their shoulder.

Window_Seat
06-07-2011, 8:36 AM
It will be interesting to see how the Brady Campaign (doesn't) talk about this issue at all. They are illegal guns, they are being used specifically for violence, and they are a direct result of illegal purchases for the specific purpose of putting them into the hands of dangerous individuals engaging in dangerous and illegal activities (like the murdering of lawful and innocent individuals such as children, women, Law Enforcement (ICE), etc.)... SO HOW 'BOUT IT BRADY CAMPAIGN AND LCAV???

Oh, I forgot... They are too busy lashing out over harmless music videos that depict lawful & responsible rape victims defending themselves against would-be attackers... Way to go Brady Campaign, really proud of ya, now go give yourselves a big pat on the shoulder!!! :thumbsup:

Otherwise, the BATFE should be booted...

Erik.

SJgunguy24
06-07-2011, 9:25 AM
Attacking our civil rights, killing federal agents on both sides, empowering dope dealers, squashing voter fraud/intimidation cases with racist undertones, and pissing off and abandoning every nation who's stood by us since ww2. Way to go Obama!!!!

Can we try this dude for treason yet.....can we?

Maestro Pistolero
06-07-2011, 9:32 AM
Attacking our civil rights, killing federal agents on both sides, empowering dope dealers, squashing voter fraud/intimidation cases with racist undertones, and pissing off and abandoning every nation who's stood by us since ww2. Way to go Obama!!!!

All this to show how evil guns are in the US! :rolleyes:

JDoe
06-07-2011, 12:56 PM
Starting Monday, June 13th the first in a series of Congressional hearings into "gunwalker" "Obstruction of Justice: Does the Justice Department Have to Respond to a Lawfully Issued and Valid Congressional Subpoena? (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31727_162-20069439-10391695.html?tag=latest)"

Quser.619
06-07-2011, 1:38 PM
Cannot wait until this is even furthered ignored by the majority of the press. Meanwhile, I'll be watching & eating the popcorn :lurk5:

corrupt
06-07-2011, 7:51 PM
I can't believe still after all these fiascos that the BATF is still around. They have always stunk of being enforcers of some greater, dare I say it... the C word ;)

Hopefully this all blows up in their face. This is one of those things where we SHOULD write our congressmen about. Not just about laws we want to pass/fail, but to investigate these "operations" and to bring them to light. Pressure! We are watching!

randian
06-08-2011, 12:17 AM
Are the cartels not powerful or sophisticated enough to get something a little more lethal for taking out helicopters.
Sure they are. Weapons are plentiful in Africa and the Middle East. Hamas ("Allah is its goal, the Prophet its model, the Qur’an its Constitution, Jihad its path, and death for the cause of Allah its most sublime belief") is setting up shop in Mexico and paying the cartels for a Mexican base and safe passage into the US. I'm sure some of that payment will be weapons.