PDA

View Full Version : Probably a stupid question...

dotalchemy
06-06-2011, 9:33 PM
San Francisco / other places that ignore the constitution...

This is based on the sheriffs policy, who in SF chooses only to issue to a special select set of folk who are worthy of 2A rights.

Why doesn't someone from CGN / CGF, possibly even ex-LEO, run for sheriff in these counties?

It seems fairly obvious, and I'm sure members here would be willing to assist in events / fundraising etc. for the campaign, which is why I'm guessing that it's a stupid question.

I just can't think of a reason why it's a bad idea...

mdimeo
06-06-2011, 10:27 PM
Why doesn't someone from CGN / CGF, possibly even ex-LEO, run for sheriff in these counties?

Because they'd lose, guaranteed, while consuming resources better spent in useful endeavors.

Sobriquet
06-06-2011, 10:38 PM
No one even bothered to run against Sheriff Baca in Los Angeles County during the last election. These CLEOs are incredibly difficult to replace.

FourTenJaeger
06-06-2011, 11:31 PM
Because a pro-gunner winning a seat or position of power in California is about as easy, or likely, As an anti-gunner winning a seat or position of power in Arizona.

Connor P Price
06-06-2011, 11:33 PM
In Ventura county there hadn't been a vote for sheriff in nearly 30 years until the most recent elections. The sheriffs had been stepping down and passing the position along. That's how bastardized the system is.

A candidate wouldn't have much chance in a situation like this one being proposed, so resources are brr applied elsewhere. Additionally, CCW issuance is an incredibly small portion of the actual job of being sheriff. Who would really want to follow through with the entire job just to issue permits? Especially when there are other options.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Falconis
06-07-2011, 1:25 AM
How much money you got? Even then it's not a guarantee. Ask Whitman.