PDA

View Full Version : Latest Braaady email 6-6-2011

CaliforniaLiberal
06-06-2011, 3:36 PM
I think these emails provide a good direction for CalGunners to aim their calls and letters.

Bill to Ban Open Carry of Guns Passes Assembly!
Now Help Us Pass the Bill in the State Senate

Dear Friend,

Thanks in part to your e-mails and phone calls, AB 144, the bill to ban the open carrying of guns in California, passed the State Assembly!

Now, we need your help to pass AB 144 in the Senate Public Safety Committee. The hearing is on Tuesday, so please e-mail the committee today!

Click Here to E-mail Senate Public Safety Committee.

"Vote 'YES' on AB 144: Stop the Carrying
of Openly Displayed Handguns in Public!"

Those who carry exposed handguns in public are not required to undergo any training, and they may even be prohibited from possessing a firearm! This puts our families and communities at risk.

Please e-mail the committee today and then forward this alert to your family and friends in California.

Sincerely,

Paul Helmke
President, Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence

Dallas M. Stout, Psy.D.
President, California Brady Campaign Chapters

Stop the open carry of handguns!

You can also mail a check to: Brady Campaign 1225 Eye Street NW, Suite 1100 Washington, DC 20005

The Brady Campaign, along with its sister organization, the Brady Center, is the nation's largest, non-partisan grassroots organization leading the fight to protect you, your family and your community from gun violence.

SoCal Bob
06-06-2011, 6:16 PM
Uhhh Paul, you forgot to mention that this is for unloaded guns only and that it is already a crime for prohibited persons to posses guns. Now, run along to your room to play, the adults want to talk.

707electrician
06-06-2011, 6:22 PM
The Brady Campaign, along with its sister organization, the Brady Center, is the nation's largest, non-partisan grassroots organization leading the fight to protect you, your family and your community from gun violence.

Yeah, sure

Anchors
06-06-2011, 6:32 PM
Uhhh Paul, you forgot to mention that this is for unloaded guns only and that it is already a crime for prohibited persons to posses guns. Now, run along to your room to play, the adults want to talk.

You're letting all his secrets out.

jdberger
06-07-2011, 12:00 AM
When a keynote speaker (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNp6I6RCeSQ)at one of their functions warns against enacting the law (http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/la-oe-winkler-guns-20110524,0,1560358.story)(jus' pleeze don' throw me in that there briar patch) you'd think they get it.

But they're too stupid.

Frankly, I'm cool with that.

If I'm going to have an opponent, I'd rather it be an angry spitting ideologue than a cool rational thinker. The ideologue is easier to goad into doing something stupid (though you do need to take care that they're not going to do something dangerous).

Uriah02
06-07-2011, 12:19 AM
Thanks for the intel report :chris:

Maestro Pistolero
06-07-2011, 12:20 AM
If I'm going to have an opponent, I'd rather it be an angry spitting ideologue than a cool rational thinker. The ideologue is easier to goad into doing something stupid (though you do need to take care that they're not going to do something dangerous).
Exactly.

With enemies like this, who needs friends? Seriously, they are their own worst enemy. These folks have become so intoxicated by their extremist ideas they can no longer foresee the obvious negative consequences of their actions, EVEN when pointed out by one of their own confidants. They are choosing to win a battle at the cost of the war. It's almost as if it's natural selection playing out before our very eyes.

I can't wait to see the look on Henigan's face when 'bear' outside the home is codified in case law as a national, fundamental civil right. I would LOVE to be the reporter who shoves a mic in his face at THAT press conference. May that day come soon.

KandyRedCoi
06-07-2011, 12:50 AM
these emails really gets my blood boiling...straight using ignorance of the masses to their advantage...tragic