View Full Version : Remington 870 Extraction Issue
So I've searched and read all about this and from what it sounds like I need to get the chamber of my 870 polished as has trouble extracting some types of shells. Trouble meaning I have to grab the foregrip and slam the butt on the ground as hard as possible. Does anyone know of a good gunsmith in the Orange County area that help me out and how much does it generally run cost wise? Thanks.
06-06-2011, 10:35 AM
Do it yourself.
1) wrap steel wool around a 12ga brush
2) connect brush to cleaning rod
3) stick cleaning rod in cordless power drill
4) squirt lots of gun oil on the steel wool
5) start polishing the chamber (medium speed, in n out)
6) repeat process as necessary.
Before going to a Gunsmith, go to Aippi's Website and read How to Install and Clean.
The information presented covers your problem.
06-06-2011, 10:57 AM
Thats a good read. I had to laugh a couple times when he said most people are to gentle with their firearms " Rack it like you have a pair ":laugh:
vBulletin® v3.8.9, Copyright ©2000-2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.