PDA

View Full Version : Noveske

Jason762
12-14-2006, 9:52 PM
How come they don't sell an stripped upper? You gotta buy the whole kit and it's $ 1,300 at that! :eek:

What's so special about it? Does anyone know where I might be able to buy a stripped upper?

If you can provide a place, I might just get back into the game... that is if they don't suddenly list (which is - IMO - doubtful).

Jason

xenophobe
12-15-2006, 4:41 AM
Noveske doesn't sell stripped uppers, nor does he sell 'upper kits'. Hey only sells complete rifles, complete lowers or complete uppers.

If you want an identical stripped upper, order one from Stag. Noveske uppers are built on CMT cut forgings. The Noveske is a Stag/CMT upper laser engraved with the Noveske logo.

PIRATE14
12-15-2006, 7:32 AM
NOVESKE is a custom maker, he makes custom barrels for people that need a high level of performance. He is following a principle similar to ARMALITE, for rifles.

He personally chambers every barrel that has his name on it and only leaves his shop if it performs up to his expectations.

He has a strong following in the special operations field that use his stuff.

Do you need this level of performance?

1300 bucks is not cheap but not outlandish in the custom rifle world.

phish
12-15-2006, 8:32 AM
He now even offers barrels turned from Pac-Nor blanks with your choice of chamber.

He's even willing to turn a service rifle barrel with 17-4 steel after an email inquiry. :)

Incitatus
12-15-2006, 9:27 AM
Noveske doesn't sell stripped uppers, nor does he sell 'upper kits'. Hey only sells complete rifles, complete lowers or complete uppers.

If you want an identical stripped upper, order one from Stag. Noveske uppers are built on CMT cut forgings. The Noveske is a Stag/CMT upper laser engraved with the Noveske logo.

Weird. I have a stripped Noveske lower right in front of me. Purchased from Ammo Bros three weeks ago. This thing shouldn't exist. :D

TannerBoyl
12-15-2006, 10:05 AM
Wait a second, unless something has changed Noveske does sell stripped uppers. (http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin/imcart/display.cgi?domain=noveskerifleworks.com&cat=20)

I just wish that I would have picked up a stripped lower when I had the chance. Oh well. :o

Jason762
12-15-2006, 10:20 AM
Wait a second, unless something has changed Noveske does sell stripped uppers. (http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin/imcart/display.cgi?domain=noveskerifleworks.com&cat=20)

I just wish that I would have picked up a stripped lower when I had the chance. Oh well. :o

Oh ho ho shoot! Nice find. I always looked in the uppers (http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin/imcart/display.cgi?domain=noveskerifleworks.com&cat=7) page and since I didn't see any, assumed they didn't sell any.

Thanks for the linnk, but... where's that awesome Noveske logo? :(

pklin1297
12-15-2006, 10:33 AM
Yeah they sell CMT upper receivers on their website, but I think only their completed uppers come with their logo.

yallknowho
12-15-2006, 11:56 AM
yeah I asked him a while back about stripped uppers with the logo. Only way to get those is from a complete upper or rifle.

xenophobe
12-15-2006, 4:10 PM
Weird. I have a stripped Noveske lower right in front of me. Purchased from Ammo Bros three weeks ago. This thing shouldn't exist. :D

Try to find a stripped lower on John's site. He only sells complete lowers. Cold War Shooters is the distributor for Noveske stripped lowers.

Yes, he sells CMT uppers. He does not sell Noveske logo engraved stripped uppers though. You need to buy a complete upper if you want that logo on it. If you want the same CMT upper, you can get it cheaper from Stag.

grammaton76
12-15-2006, 4:29 PM
Noveske not selling the stripped uppers, is very reasonable.

It's for the exact same reason that I would not want someone to buy an un-prepped Romanian parts kit from me, perform a screw build on it, and then tell the world that his hammered-together screw-build AK is a "grammaton76 build". He may in fact have done a splendid job on it, but I don't want "credit" for a build that I didn't perform, which may not be up to my specs.

In the same way, this guy doesn't want HIS stamping to go on something that he's had no way to confirm. If some guy bungles his build with a Noveske-stamped upper, the Noveske logo is going to be on the rifle that the guys at the range see malfunctioning, and That Ain't Cool (tm).

Jason762
12-15-2006, 10:12 PM
Noveske not selling the stripped uppers, is very reasonable.

It's for the exact same reason that I would not want someone to buy an un-prepped Romanian parts kit from me, perform a screw build on it, and then tell the world that his hammered-together screw-build AK is a "grammaton76 build". He may in fact have done a splendid job on it, but I don't want "credit" for a build that I didn't perform, which may not be up to my specs.

In the same way, this guy doesn't want HIS stamping to go on something that he's had no way to confirm. If some guy bungles his build with a Noveske-stamped upper, the Noveske logo is going to be on the rifle that the guys at the range see malfunctioning, and That Ain't Cool (tm).

Makes sense...

And as for the guy who asked if I really needed something like a Noveske build upper... No, I don't NEED it, but I want it. :-p