PDA

View Full Version : What is my Mini-14 worth?

OldLandParkPat
12-14-2006, 10:33 PM
I will be selling my Mini-14, that has less than 3 boxes of ammo shot through it, a B-square scope mount (all origninal parts retained), military sling and manual.

It is blue, with wood stock and serial number 186-388xx. 5 round (Ruger) and 10 round.

In mint condition, cept for a few faint stock marks in the finish if you hold it up to the right light. No dings, no dents, no scratches. Located in California.

What's it worth?

Thanks much,

Pat

ivanimal
12-14-2006, 10:48 PM
First off you cannot sell hicap magazines so I deleted that part of your post. Check gunsamerica.com and gunbroker.com and do a search that is a good barometer of what it is worth

OldLandParkPat
12-14-2006, 10:53 PM
I realize I can't sell it (the high cap magazine) to a Californian, but can I sell it to someone from another state?

If not, what are you supposed to do with it? ...:confused:

blkA4alb
12-14-2006, 10:55 PM
I realize I can't sell it to a Californian, but can I sell it to someone from another state?

If not, what are you supposed to do with it? ...:confused:
Yes you can sell it out of state, though since this is a california specific board you would be better suited to advertise it for sale elseware.

You would be smart to keep the mag in case you get another mini 14.

Tweak338
12-14-2006, 10:59 PM
Ill give ya $5 for your mini

OldLandParkPat
12-14-2006, 11:03 PM
I didn't realize it was a CA only forum... Thanks.

That's a good idea on keeping the 30 mag, but I may not ever get another Mini-14 as a friend of mine moved to Washington, and he's giving me his FAB-10 lower, so I was thinking of selling the Ruger for an AR-15 upper.

OldLandParkPat
12-14-2006, 11:05 PM
Ill give ya $5 for your mini

Tempting... I'll sleep on it.. :eek: :D

blkA4alb
12-14-2006, 11:05 PM
I didn't realize it was a CA only forum... Thanks.

That's a good idea on keeping the 30 mag, but I may not ever get another Mini-14 as a friend of mine moved to Washington, and he's giving me his FAB-10 lower, so I was thinking of selling the Ruger for an AR-15 upper.
CALguns ;) . Welcome to the board.

I would keep the mag simply because the amount you would get for it out of state is almost negligable. Just keep it in case you ever change your mind. If you do, and you sold it, you would kick yourself for a longgg time.

OldLandParkPat
12-14-2006, 11:14 PM
Dually noted and thanks for the greeting.. ;)

NRAhighpowershooter
12-14-2006, 11:34 PM
Tempting... I'll sleep on it.. :eek: :D

aw heck.. I'll give you $50 but can I make payments?? :p

OldLandParkPat
12-14-2006, 11:53 PM
Depends on your personal character references, credit worthyness, FICA score, etc., etc.. :D

JOEKILLA
12-15-2006, 12:24 AM
aw heck.. I'll give you $50 but can I make payments?? :p

$52........i'll give you $25 as a downpayment and give you the rest later. :p

Sorry, had to do that. But seriously, $450 should get you some buyers.

JOEKILLA
12-15-2006, 12:27 AM
Oh, and one more thing......maybe you should think about keeping it. I am still kicking my butt for selling mine that I got for $275 a feeeeeeeeeew years back.

E Pluribus Unum
12-15-2006, 2:52 AM
CALguns ;) . Welcome to the board.

Wait.... no one told me this board was about guns. WTF?

The SoCal Gunner
12-15-2006, 4:15 AM
If you plan on staying in Cali, assuming you live here, I'd keep the mag. I have a few 'standard capacity' mags and I don't even have a Mini-14 yet, at least not until Saturday morning at 11:35am when I go pick it up from the FFL :D

I've got 1 complete OLL rifle and a few stripped lowers sitting around but they aren't going to be my SHTF rifle. The ARs are nice to shoot at the range but since I run a fixed mag variation they are not adequate for SHTF or home defense. Of course I could run a gripless config but the ARs are still quite heavy compared to the Mini.

I've been checking out the modifications that can be done to the Mini but boy is that going to break the bank.

CALI-gula
12-15-2006, 4:39 AM
If you plan on staying in Cali, assuming you live here, I'd keep the mag. I have a few 'standard capacity' mags and I don't even have a Mini-14 yet, at least not until Saturday morning at 11:35am when I go pick it up from the FFL :D .........

...... I've been checking out the modifications that can be done to the Mini but boy is that going to break the bank.

I agree. Sell the rifle, keep the mags. Ruger is currently working toward refining the Mini-14 for once. They have a new model with a barrel-weight compensator, which is minimal, but they will be working on future accurized versions. No joke, an accurate Mini-14.

You might want to sell the rifle but keep the mags if the future Mini-14s become something of a must have. (I am not a huge Ruger fan, and purchase depending on your political view of Bill Ruger, but after all, he's now dead). I find it odd when people take issue with Ruger because of Bill Ruger's prior actions, but then I see that half their tools are from China, or they religiously wear Levis brand jeans, among many worse things they also ignorantly support. :rolleyes:

The SoCal Gunner
12-15-2006, 5:03 AM
...or they religiously wear Levis brand jeans, among many worse things they also ignorantly support. :rolleyes:

I don't have any but whats wrong with them?

hylander
12-15-2006, 7:26 AM
Personally I would keep the Mini, atleast until you know you will like
the AR better.
Have done both and the AR went Bye-Bye. My mini shoots just as accurate, easier to handle and whole lot more fun ;)
This is just my opinion and I'm sure the AR guys will close behind to tell you the Mini is only good for a paper weight, but they have no clue :p

metalhead357
12-15-2006, 7:56 AM
ACCCCCKKKKKKK!

HE shows asking for a price and nobody's given him even a range!!!!

Here ya' go dude; DEPENDING ON CONDITION- Mini's go from a very low low of about $300 to a high of $650 depending on style, accessories, additional mags (Which by the sounds of the posts above- and if they are hi caps- you CANT sell or trade here in Cali).

A trade with you buddy (going through a FFL of course) would alleviate the haggling over prices if he's willing. If you already have the Fab then I'd still consider trades too with others. Got a Pic??????? (of his RIFLE NRA!!! Not of his GF!!!!)

But hey- I'm a richer man than NRAHPS:p I'll give ya' $55 and NO payments:D

D1911
12-15-2006, 8:06 AM
I've seen them in a couple of shops in the Sacramento area used, on consignment in excellent shape for $400-$450.

OldLandParkPat
12-15-2006, 9:38 AM
All good points.

The SHTF aspect has crossed my mind, and obviously worthy of contention.

THis mini is pretty accurate also for stock as I have grouped near 3" at 100.

I also have a Howa Stainless in .223 with stainless Timney Trigger I had installed that is like new. 100 rounds max. I'm thinking I only really need 1 .223, and I want the best one for varmits.

You guys seem like some good folks here. Makes this Native Sacramentan feel a little warm and fuzzy inside.. :D

metalhead357
12-15-2006, 10:09 AM
Makes this Native Sacramentan feel a little warm and fuzzy inside.. :D

Nah! that's the heat of the delta and the hot ait of them politicians you're near...we just stir it up and THAT causes the fuzzies:D

Post a pic of this rifle! I may be interested if the price is right......like $55 right:D

Whitesmoke
12-15-2006, 10:33 AM
metalheads price range is pretty close.....

For one in the condition you describe...I'd guess $500.

And keep the high-cap mags....just in case.

new cal shooter
12-15-2006, 10:54 AM
New at warlmart (out of cali) price is $495 new +tax and 2 10rd mags, go wally world!

50 Freak
12-15-2006, 11:16 AM
Personally if you were looking for an AR upper, why don't you go over to ARF.com and post a WTT: mini-14 for upper post and see what comes up.

CALI-gula
12-15-2006, 11:31 AM
I don't have any but whats wrong with them?

Levi Strauss heirs and continued majority owners of the company have repeatedly donated LARGE sums of money for more than a decade, to organizations like HCI, Million Moms, Brady Campaign, PAX, and other organizations specifically set on banning guns in their entirety. And they are not cited for donating a couple thousand to someone like John Kerry for his Presidential campaign or such, they have donated and continue to specifically donate HUNDREDS of thousands of dollars EACH to various anti-2nd Amendment groups.

Besides, not a SINGLE pair of Levi jeans now is made in America or Canada. Levi Strauss no longer has a single production plant here in the United States or other US soil lands. They shut down all of their US & Canada plants a few years ago, and by 2003 there were none at all.

Yet they market there products as "All American" blah, blah, blah. :mad:

madjack956
12-15-2006, 4:26 PM
I did not know any of that... thanks for the education.. I haven't wore a pair of Levi's for years, and now I'm happy about it..

The SoCal Gunner
12-15-2006, 5:13 PM
BTW I am picking up my 186 series Mini-14 tomorrow. Purchased it from another member here for $375 and its in execellent condition with less than a hundred rounds.

marklbucla
12-15-2006, 6:56 PM
I just got $450 for mine in Pasadena. Had some wear from the Ciener conversion , never shot full .223 Ammo, and came with everything it normally comes with new.

Most of the prices I've seen online in Kalifornia are for $375-450. A lot depends on condition and timing.

OldLandParkPat
12-17-2006, 1:21 AM
Personally if you were looking for an AR upper, why don't you go over to ARF.com and post a WTT: mini-14 for upper post and see what comes up.

That's an idea.

THanks for the info fellas.. :cool:

OldLandParkPat
12-17-2006, 1:25 AM
Can't get anywhere with the ARF.com. Is it "AR.com" ?, but that don't work neither.. :confused:

t001
12-17-2006, 7:20 AM
http://www.ar15.com