PDA

View Full Version : Battle of the 3.5 inch semi-auto hunting shotguns: SBE2 vs Xtrema2

anotherone
12-14-2006, 7:38 PM
Alright I'm finally ready to splurge big time on a really kick butt semi-auto 3.5 inch hunting shotgun. There's only really two out there I'm interested in: the Benelli Super Black Eagle 2 and the Beretta Xtrema2. Which one do you guys think is better and why?

ivanimal
12-14-2006, 9:24 PM
The Browning of course............ I know, I know one or the other. I like the Benelli because of the ease of cleaning with a recoil based system. Less chance of fouling and reported lower felt recoil. So get the Extrema:D

anotherone
12-14-2006, 10:12 PM
The Browning of course............

Actually a lot of folks have been telling me to go with the Browning Gold. I sometimes use a Browning BAR to hunt and love that rifle. I can only imagine that Browning also builds an outstanding semi-auto shotgun. Browning pump-action shotguns are so smooth they almost shoot as fast as semi-autos.

cnyankee
12-14-2006, 10:59 PM
i cant say anything good or bad about the benelli as i never shot 1 but i own the xtrema2 with k/o and its a sweet shooting gun. i followed the advise and shot 3 1/2 shells to break it in so it will cycle lower shells and shot almost 300 rounds and shoulder never got sore. hit the same amount of clays as i did with my condor but i cant blame the gun. took my first lesson because i was developing bad habits and used my gun for the first time on lesson day.

cnyankee
12-16-2006, 4:50 PM
anotherone although this site has a ton of information it seems to be lacking in the shotgun department. for shotguns you will find more than enough information on shotguns as you do information on everything else here.
go to this site
http://www.shotgunworld.com/

xenophobe
12-16-2006, 4:52 PM
General consensus is that the Xtrema2 is superior to the SBE2.

Archenemy550
12-16-2006, 5:38 PM
I have shot the Xtrema2, and I would take that over any semi. Felt recoil is less, and it cycles real smooth. Plus I like the recoil based system. I would buy If I had the money.

Tho, I am a pump kinda guy, so I havent shot many semi's.

Sprng 03'-A3
12-17-2006, 7:20 PM
I would go for Beretta my self. Have had great luck with gas operated
Browing for almost 20 years. (It is a B-80 which is a Beretta design.)