PDA

View Full Version : California Rifles U-15 stock rocks!

Pokey
12-14-2006, 12:34 PM
I just received my U-15 stock (about 15 min ago) and it is awesome!
I took a lower to work with me (my work is cool with that sort of thing) so that when it arrived I could fit it up and see what I thought. I still need a LPK so its just a mock up but I am stoked. The closest things to problems are it seems a little snug on the thumb of my firing hand (between the stock and tube) but I'll have to see when its up and running. Also I can see a need for an ambi safety (which I'd use anyway). All in all I am VERY happy, Thanks Grant!

I'll post pics when I get it all together.

kap
12-14-2006, 12:58 PM
I just ordered an ambi safety the other day for use on my U-15 AR. Without it you have to use your forward hand to switch the safety on and off and that is no fun in my book.

Pokey
12-14-2006, 1:54 PM
I just ordered a Stag ambi LPK from 10% so as soon as it gets here I'm in business:D :D

nothing4u
12-16-2006, 9:15 PM
Pics plz :D

PLINK
12-16-2006, 9:45 PM
The closest things to problems are it seems a little snug on the thumb of my firing hand (between the stock and tube) but I'll have to see when its up and running.

I'll post pics when I get it all together.

Do you have the foam on it? If you do, you can take the foam off for more room. I like it w/o the foam myself.

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o133/PLINK223/U-15/U152.jpg

yallknowho
12-16-2006, 10:32 PM
do you think the DOJ might try to classify this as a thumbhole stock?

hoffmang
12-16-2006, 10:34 PM
Well, there is some attempt to sow fear, uncertainty and doubt, but the truth is that the law doesn't ban guns with two stocks and the U15 is either one stock or two - neither being a thumbhole stock.

Go forth and build your AR style rifle with a stock and a buffer tube and enjoy.

-Gene

pilotimb
12-16-2006, 10:37 PM
do you think the DOJ might try to classify this as a thumbhole stock?

I don't see a hole. I asked my 7 year old cousin, and she couldn't see a hole. I think the DOJ might try to see a hole, but I don't think they'll find one on that stock.

yallknowho
12-16-2006, 10:40 PM
yeah I dont think so either, some guys at the SJGE said they aren't going to be getting any because the DOJ think it is. who knows, I plan to get one.

James R.
12-16-2006, 10:41 PM
yeah I dont think so either, some guys at the SJGE said they aren't going to be getting any because the DOJ think it is. who knows, I plan to get one.

LOL well I dunno if I'd take their advice, they just had their FFL yanked based on what I've read here over the last 2 days :-P

Regards,

James R.

slowjonn
12-16-2006, 10:43 PM
I just got mine a few days ago and mocked it up on a Stag lower. It rocks! The fit is great, the quality is incredible,it feels good in my hand and I kinda like the looks of the exposed buffer tube. Grant did a nice job on this one!

SpeedTribe
12-16-2006, 11:01 PM
That U-15 is made really well. Handled an unmounted one at the range a few weeks ago.
The ambi selectors definitely help if you have an issue with the reach...I use one with my "custom" stock...much easier to work the selector...probably work well with the MonsterMan grip too...
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a56/SPEEDTRIBE/StockIOR_POF2.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a56/SPEEDTRIBE/StockIOR_POF.jpg
No thumbhole here....

Toolbox X
12-17-2006, 1:33 AM
Thanks for all the props guys. I'm really glad you like the U15 so much.

SpeedTribe, I think your rifle scares small children. Truly awesome. How do you like your POF piston?

-Grant

elmo
12-18-2006, 8:31 PM
I received the u-15 stock from grant and installed it. the only problem I had was putting in the bolt into the lower..other than that it's perfect.

I have small hands...i mean small, i think they are a size XS-> S if i were to buy gloves for men. I could hold it the "normal" way, but how i hold it is to wrap my thumb on the same side as my fingers, and even in that grip, it's very steady and i have no problems. Great Stuff and ultra quick shipment

C.G.
12-19-2006, 1:36 AM
I received the u-15 stock from grant and installed it. the only problem I had was putting in the bolt into the lower..other than that it's perfect.

I have small hands...i mean small, i think they are a size XS-> S if i were to buy gloves for men. I could hold it the "normal" way, but how i hold it is to wrap my thumb on the same side as my fingers, and even in that grip, it's very steady and i have no problems. Great Stuff and ultra quick shipment

I've held one at the Chabot Day After Turkey Day Shoot and I like the unit but due to my small hands I could not easily hold it in my hand.