PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about Herman Cain

Kid Stanislaus
06-04-2011, 3:02 PM
How does Cain stand on 2nd Amendment rights? He seems to be saying all the right things and the Tea Party likes him.

Falconis
06-04-2011, 3:34 PM
Only thing he has said (last I heard) is that it should be left to the states to decide. Good and bad depending on which state you live in.

choprzrul
06-04-2011, 3:50 PM
Only thing he has said (last I heard) is that it should be left to the states to decide. Good and bad depending on which state you live in.

I would say that his was the proper constitutional response under the 10th Amendment. Now, that is not to say that states can violate our 2A civil rights in establishing their own policies, like CA has. That is where CGF, SAF, et al come into play to force a state to operate within the confines of the second amendment. With the exception of the time & cost of litigation, I actually prefer not to have the federal government getting involved inside of my gun safe.

Kid Stanislaus
06-04-2011, 3:56 PM
I With the exception of the time & cost of litigation, I actually prefer not to have the federal government getting involved inside of my gun safe.

Amen to that.

uyoga
06-04-2011, 6:27 PM
Herman Cain is an NRA member, and was one of the Speakers at the 2011 NRA Convention in Pittsburgh.

Falconis
06-04-2011, 8:53 PM
Overall I guess it's good. Atleast he won't give us more problems to deal with.

Kid Stanislaus
06-04-2011, 9:54 PM
I just did a lot of reading on him and I'd not have any trouble voting for him.

pitchbaby
06-04-2011, 10:11 PM
Ya, so far I am liking what I come across... but I would rather have someone perhaps just a little proactive in encouraging states to listen to the Supreme Court.

Neve
06-04-2011, 10:24 PM
Cain is just another puppet of the Federal reserve, in fact he was deputy chairman of the fed in Kansas.

mcsoupman
06-04-2011, 10:43 PM
Being a minority also would seem to be an advantage. I have yet to hear anything I don't like about this guy. I also like that he shut up president Clinton and that is not easy to do :)

blazeaglory
06-04-2011, 10:59 PM
i know he wants to get rid of the capital gains tax and a ****load of other taxes...

less taxes=more money to buy ammo:D

vincewarde
06-05-2011, 12:09 AM
He was very impressive in the Fox News South Carolina debate - he was the clear winner.

Bert Gamble
06-05-2011, 12:21 AM
I'm sure the left will find some former secretary willing to lie about him putting a pubic hair on her coke can. He will also be called an "Uncle Tom" and a race traitor.

He makes a lot of sense when he speaks. This will not help him.

safewaysecurity
06-05-2011, 1:15 AM
I don't trust him.

Neve
06-05-2011, 2:46 AM
I don't trust him.

I completely agree. He's trying to steal the Ron Paul vote away, his policies are almost identical the only big difference is Paul wants to abolish the fed yet it is RARELY mentioned Cain worked for the fed. Something smells fishy...

ccmc
06-05-2011, 4:46 AM
I like him, but was his pizza any good?

Cain against Obama would be a good matchup, and bring the popcorn when the race comments start coming out from Obama supporters. Will it be "not black enough", "oreo", "Uncle Tom" or something new?

Sadly he's probably too far removed from the GOP machine to have a chance at the nomination, but stranger things have happened. The 2012 election will be easy for me because it really doesn't matter who the GOP nominates. I can't imagine a worse president than what we have now.

ccmc
06-05-2011, 4:47 AM
I completely agree. He's trying to steal the Ron Paul vote away, his policies are almost identical the only big difference is Paul wants to abolish the fed yet it is RARELY mentioned Cain worked for the fed. Something smells fishy...

I like Ron Paul, but how old will he be in 2012?

NotEnoughGuns
06-05-2011, 6:58 AM

That is BS the 10th applies to items left out of the constitution. The 2nd is clear as day, so NO our gun rights are not a state issue IMO. Shall not be infringed!

I'm also not interested in Cain if he was a pawn for the federal reserve. That is a huge red flag. And it wouldn't surprise me if he did "win" the nomination. :TFH:

Remember the golden rule: "He whom controls the gold makes the rules":TFH:

tankarian
06-05-2011, 7:21 AM
I completely agree. He's trying to steal the Ron Paul vote away

Ahem...What Ron Paul vote?

:confused:

Kid Stanislaus
06-05-2011, 8:44 AM
Cain is just another puppet of the Federal reserve, in fact he was deputy chairman of the fed in Kansas.

Please explain to us all what constitutes a "puppet of the Federal reserve".:confused:

Kid Stanislaus
06-05-2011, 8:47 AM
Is this Federal Reserve conspiracy so many of you are wrapped up in the same one where the Jews are controlling the banks and plan to take over the world?

PressCheck
06-05-2011, 8:48 AM
Please explain to us all what constitutes a "puppet of the Federal reserve".:confused:

Yes - Please do explain.

Bobby Hated
06-05-2011, 9:03 AM
i just want someone to win the primary who can actually beat obama. im a lefty but i cant wait to see o-bought-out get beat. please GOP put up someone who can beat him in the general election.

gunsmith
06-05-2011, 9:40 AM
What was Godfathers pizza policy on employees ccw when he was CEO?

I worked for Domino's and was told not to ccw, I did anyway but risked getting fired.

shock
06-05-2011, 10:26 AM
was head of kansas city federal reserve

gets confused between the declaration of independence and the constitution

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df8xgvhz_0E

believes in surrounding himself with smart people and going with what they decide lol

shock
06-05-2011, 10:29 AM
Is this Federal Reserve conspiracy so many of you are wrapped up in the same one where the Jews are controlling the banks and plan to take over the world?
lol

this movie paints a pretty picture of our banking overlords

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1645089/

hawk81
06-05-2011, 10:34 AM
I agree. He is another puppet.

shock
06-05-2011, 10:35 AM
i just want someone to win the primary who can actually beat obama. im a lefty but i cant wait to see o-bought-out get beat. please GOP put up someone who can beat him in the general election.
"Romney is the most likely to take the lead against Obama, but he will be destroyed by Obama. It's easy to pick on a republican like that with a bad history, such as being the creator of obamacare's template. The GOP just isn't going to win with the traditional republican lineup because a lot of the retarded country still thinks Obama is doing the right things.

Now, you put Ron Paul up there, the guy who at worst with the most conservatives just won't get their vote (not going to Obama) but will make up for it by stealing a lot of Obama's votes from the liberals, is actually appealing to everyone that is open to voting for someone not like the usual candidates. He will be strong, and able to tear obama apart for his bad policy, with just 30+ years of his own policies untouchable because of the simple fact that he's been right this whole time."

hoffmang
06-05-2011, 10:43 AM
I agree. He is another puppet.

Being a fed board member means he's a puppeteer under that warped world view.

I see a successful african american businessman who doesn't suck as badly as the rest of the GOP field and who could be a real contender. He's also not saddled with Ron Paul's ability to lose anything - except pork to his Congressional district...

-Gene

hawk81
06-05-2011, 10:51 AM
If that makes you feel better, than just keep on thinking that.

I see a successful african american businessman who doesn't suck as badly as the rest of the GOP field and who could be a real contender. He's also not saddled with Ron Paul's ability to lose anything - except pork to his Congressional district...

-Gene

hoffmang
06-05-2011, 11:28 AM
If that makes you feel better, than just keep on thinking that.

I prefer facts over silly conspiracy theories. Most of the "fed" conspiracy theories come from people who are actually economically illiterate but are quite sure that they understand how economies work..

-Gene

hawk81
06-05-2011, 11:37 AM
Oh my, I am so sorry to question your supreme intelligence. Will you ever forgive me? HA. I can tell you that you are full of yourself. Go and promote your BS to some other mindless zombie.

I prefer facts over silly conspiracy theories. Most of the "fed" conspiracy theories come from people who are actually economically illiterate but are quite sure that they understand how economies work..

-Gene

hoffmang
06-05-2011, 11:40 AM
Oh my, I am so sorry to question your supreme intelligence. Will you ever forgive me? HA. I can tell you that you are full of yourself. Go and promote your BS to some other mindless zombie.

Economics is not a zero sum system and all of the fed conspiracies rely upon the concept that it is. The federal reserve is a huge part of daily life and is relatively transparent. One can disagree with its current policy stance (I personally think it's being too accommodative right now but there are real and serious arguments the other way too) but it's hardly a conspiracy.

The problem with the gold standard is that it doesn't map well to a non zero sum creation of wealth as wealth grows faster than the supply of gold which leads to all sorts of perverse problems. If you want a real conspiracy go do some research on ConAgra and ADM and get back to us.

Now, can we go back to the qualities of a highly qualified GOP candidate who can beat Obama - a requirement if we want to keep our gun rights?

-Gene

chiselchst
06-05-2011, 12:40 PM
I like Herman Cain, but don't know too much about him.

He did great in the debates, and he comes across as very business savvy, is articulate and stays focused on message. He has a good sense of humor and is very likeable.

From the little I've learned about his positions, he seems the best choice in the current GOP line-up.

His web site is kinda light in content and details. Doesn't mention his 2A position...glad to hear he's an NRA member.

I sure hope he gets some major traction! And I really like the fact he's not a career politician...

OC_Gunman
06-05-2011, 12:58 PM
I intend to vote for the most electable Republican who shares my conservative views. Ron Paul is unelectable, and only tangentially conservative.

I'd like to hear more about Herman Cain.

voiceofreason
06-05-2011, 1:04 PM
I personally know almost 30 people in Southern California that support and will vote for Ron Paul.

If he's in the race, he's got supporters.

In our area, I hear Democrats whine about how much of a letdown Obama has been.

Just wait until he's been elected to office again! He'll have NOTHING to stop him from pushing his agenda as hard as he can down America's throat.

socal2310
06-05-2011, 1:24 PM
I personally know almost 30 people in Southern California that support and will vote for Ron Paul.

If he's in the race, he's got supporters.

Unless you only know thirty people, that's not very telling:rolleyes:. You do understand that we tend to "know" people who think and act the way we do right? It's just human nature.

With regard to Ron Paul and the fed. I agree with him that the Federal Reserve is indeed a corrupt institution (it plays with other people's money and therefore is inevitably corrupt - just as is Ron Paul if to a lesser extent than many other politicians) and I believe that we would be better off finding a way to work through the problem of increasing wealth pegged to a more or less fixed quantity of precious metals than dealing with the massive destruction of wealth facilitated by the Fed, but never forget Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice, that which may be explained by stupidity." The biggest problem with the Fed is its conceit that it can actually control vs manipulate the economy.

Ryan

Steyr_223
06-05-2011, 1:32 PM
EHomZF3JGBg
6E0ZCzF0qd4
v4ucUCCl0_E
9ZDkacOveF0
G7354AsuLng
UDG-uvE1UOM

Quser.619
06-05-2011, 2:07 PM
I like Cain so far, but like others would prefer a lot more knowledge. Given our problems today, I do not see anyone from the DC Beltway making the necessary changes to move us in the proper direction. The Fed is another issue, but we honestly have more pressing issues... Just like here in CA, but everyone either gets caught up on their personal issues or the petty minutia of politics

MountainMike
06-05-2011, 3:10 PM
As Californians does it really matter who we like as the GOP nominee? From what I recall based on the schedule of primary elections in 08 we didn't get a chance to vote until half the country put McCain (who was not my first or second choice) in the lead. And by then he had a considerable lead over second place runner to the point where my vote didn't count at all.

All I wish to say is vote for the man or woman who you believe will do the best job. Right and wrong are absolutes, there is no middle ground. If one votes for the lesser evil we are still stuck with the wrong candidate. If we must be damned then let us be damned with a clear conscience.

safewaysecurity
06-05-2011, 3:35 PM
Ahem...What Ron Paul vote?

:confused:

Oh you know the votes that are indicated by the polls that he ranks higher than any of the canidates in the South Carolina Debate. What the polls have been showing so far is 1. Romney 2. Guliani 3. Sarah Palin 4. Ron Paul and then everyone else. Ron Paul has above 10% of the votes according to the polls ( scientific polls not those internet polls he always wins ) and I think that number will go up as Romney and Guliani are exposed for th Democrats they really are and their records of being anti-gun,pro-amnesty, pro-choice will come about and absolutely destroy them. Not to mention their past of endorsing national ID cards.

guntrust
06-05-2011, 6:47 PM

I worked for Domino's and was told not to ccw, I did anyway but risked getting fired.

Cain supported bailouts and it's not easy finding a pro-gun track record on him. About all i could find was a soundbite: "I have six guns and that's not enough...hahaha!" I smell RINO.

The idea of checking his company's ccw policy is brilliant, since a constantly recurring theme in recent years has been pizza workers seeking deliverance against oppressive anti-ccw policies getting them killed.

pitchbaby
06-05-2011, 7:52 PM
As Californians does it really matter who we like as the GOP nominee? From what I recall based on the schedule of primary elections in 08 we didn't get a chance to vote until half the country put McCain (who was not my first or second choice) in the lead. And by then he had a considerable lead over second place runner to the point where my vote didn't count at all.

All I wish to say is vote for the man or woman who you believe will do the best job. Right and wrong are absolutes, there is no middle ground. If one votes for the lesser evil we are still stuck with the wrong candidate. If we must be damned then let us be damned with a clear conscience.

If you want to put it like that, then as Californian's, does it really matter at all if we vote? I don't think the Electoral College went Republican from this state since the late 80's. I don't see that changing being the California is a liberal stronghold.

I'll still and always will vote my conscience, but it usually doesn't mean anything anymore.

blazeaglory
06-05-2011, 8:03 PM

-Gene

i agree and he is rising on the polls very quickly. last time i checked, he is almost tied with palin and that was a huge jump in a short time. plus i think he has been living in iowa for the past 16 months..lol

gunsmith
06-05-2011, 8:22 PM

So, lots of pizza drivers have gotten the boot for being victorious rather than a victim, how does Godfathers stack up?

shock
06-05-2011, 8:34 PM
did some election laws change in california or something?

will it make a difference this election cycle?

also, cnn polls state that ron paul is the most likely candidate to beat obama

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/05/05/cnn-poll-still-no-front-runner-in-the-battle-for-the-gop-nomination/

he is staunchly pro 2nd amendment, and a verifiable supporter of the constitution and individual liberty.

http://ronpaul2012.com/

Scott Connors
06-05-2011, 8:39 PM
So, lots of pizza drivers have gotten the boot for being victorious rather than a victim, how does Godfathers stack up?

I know a guy who used to manage a Godfather's in GA. When he made deliveries, he'd wear a pin-striped suit with spats and fedora and had a Thompson in a violin case. (Same guy used to drive around with a M60 in the gun rack of his pick-up--notice I said that this was in Georgia, and this was in the 1980s when I was stationed in Hinesville.)

repubconserv
06-05-2011, 9:15 PM

I think RP would be an absolutely wonderful president... the only problem is 96% of the American public looks at him as the crazy uncle you keep in the attic. Herman Cain is a "non-politician" and is an energetic fresh face. I say cain has the better chance out of the gate.

I still support Paul and I will vote for him and do my best to let others know of his freedom loving tendencies, but just because I (or you) do support him doesn't mean any of the 96% will see him any different.

I think it is a long road until the likes of Paul could ever be POTUS

OleCuss
06-06-2011, 5:01 AM
At this time, Herman Cain is my #1. That may change, but so far the guy seems sharp and firmly attached to reality.

Ron Paul will not win. Very unlikely to get the nomination, and even if he did, under almost any reasonable scenario Obama would wipe the floor with him.

Nominate Ron Paul if you want Obama for another term.

ccmc
06-06-2011, 5:14 AM

As an addendum to that will any GOP nominee win CA against any democrat in a presidential election?

Re the lesser evil until the democrat party changes its stance on 2A issues they'll always be the greater evil in my book, and will always give me a reason to vote against them. Too bad because I'm with them on many environmental and social issues (not fiscal though - I'm a flat or consumption tax kinda guy).

yellowfin
06-06-2011, 5:44 AM
I suppose a real question is how can we ensure Romney doesn't win the nomination. Being a Mass RINO means he's 95% identical to the current White House occupant with the extra kicker that the GOP won't oppose him doing the same things because he's supposedly their guy. (Exhibit A: Bush w/ Medicare part D and "Patriot Act".)

ccmc
06-06-2011, 5:45 AM
I suppose a real question is how can we ensure Romney doesn't win the nomination.

Is that because you think he can't beat Obama or because you think he'd be worse than Obama?

yellowfin
06-06-2011, 5:50 AM
Both. Not compelling enough difference to make it worth the vote and as mentioned above would do most of the same things and refuse to repeal the bad stuff and get no pressure from the (R) party to do anything good. Obviously bad for the judicial nominations as indicated by the Massachusetts courts which he likes.

choprzrul
06-06-2011, 6:00 AM
The only way for the Republicans to beat this sitting president is to offer the voter a package that includes 1) one person who is strong on the economy, 2) one person who is strong on the military. President/vice President package must contain this or they will lose. Make their platform simple: fix the economy and extracting ourselves from overseas entanglements. A clear concise message will resonate and they will be elected if the voters think that they have the chops to make it happen.

Herman Cain can easily fit the mold of an expert on fixing the economy. That leaves them with finding a military expert. If General Patreaus turns it down, I think that General McCrystal would fit the bill. The people want strong leadership and I think that a Cain/Patreaus ticket would deliver that leadership.

That, or vote for me, I'll fix this crap quick.....

OleCuss
06-06-2011, 6:57 AM
That, or vote for me, I'll fix this crap quick.....

With that kind of attitude?

Yep, you've got my vote!

RandyD
06-06-2011, 8:15 AM
If you want to know more about Herman Cain, read his writings. He has been a commentator on WorldNetDaily since August 2009. Here is a link to his commentary today, http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=307745 . If you go to the bottom of that page, it has a link to his commentaries going back to August 2009.

I have been reading his commentaries since he became a commentator on WND, and I like his positions. He reminds me of R. Reagan and he has a commonsense approach to problems and he and is down to earth. I don't like his association with the Federal Reserve, and I believe the banking industry has contributed towards our economic decline, but I am willing to keep looking at this man.

I also like Dr. Ron Paul, and I am reading his book, "Revolution". I am troubled by Dr. Paul's foreign policy principles, he wants to use the founding father's premise that we should not be entangled in foreign affairs. I believe that was a good policy 235 years ago, but in that time frame nuclear energy has been weaponized, ICBMs and midrange missles have been developed, and transportation and communications have been greatly improved. So, I am not convinced that we should leave a political vacuum for Russia and China to exploit.

ccmc
06-06-2011, 9:02 AM
Both. Not compelling enough difference to make it worth the vote and as mentioned above would do most of the same things and refuse to repeal the bad stuff and get no pressure from the (R) party to do anything good. Obviously bad for the judicial nominations as indicated by the Massachusetts courts which he likes.

Worse for 2A friendly SCOTUS nominations than Obama? That would be hard to believe. OTOH for states like NY and CA it really doesn't matter who the GOP nominee is. Obama will win those states. This is a gun forum so we're a little more tuned in to 2A issues than the average voter who (for the most part) will vote their economic interest. The MSM pretty much carries the democrats' water when it comes to "objective" reporting as most MSM journalists are registered democrats. We'll see if the record unemployment in many swing states is enough to get voters go for a change. Four more years of Obama have the potential to really hurt 2A case at SCOTUS if one of the five pro 2A justices retires, dies or is incapacitated. That will set states like CA, NY, NJ, MD etc back to the starting line (or worse).

Wherryj
06-06-2011, 10:14 AM
Herman Cain is an NRA member, and was one of the Speakers at the 2011 NRA Convention in Pittsburgh.

The first half of the statement isn't necessarily indicative of anything. Michael Moore produced an NRA membership card when he got an interview with Charlton Heston.

The second half is more interesting, however. I'd assume that the NRA is pretty choosy with who it invites as a speaker.

J.D.Allen
06-06-2011, 10:40 AM
I have liked Herman Cain since about three months ago. I looked him up and liked him right away. He CAN beat Obama. If you watch his answers at the debate notice he speaks so plainly that he never really even used up the time they gave him to answer. He doesn't use all the politician double talk. Another thing to consider. Being African American and from the south, I think he would win every southern state hands down in a national election. He may not be ideal as far as the 2A is concerned but is a hell of a lot better than what we have right now...

yellowfin
06-06-2011, 11:06 AM
Worse for 2A friendly SCOTUS nominations than Obama? That would be hard to believe.A "no" vote on gun cases can come from either side of the aisle, such as the disgusting duo of Posner and Easterbrook in the 7th: they may not be Breyers on everything else, but on guns they rule exactly as if they were. Sticking with bad precedent and refusing to strike down old gun laws as been just as much or more our problem as new ones. Like I said, they'll oppose the blatant ones but they'll do nothing to stop fence sitters or "moderates" who simply look the other way in the face of evil.

ccmc
06-06-2011, 1:26 PM
A "no" vote on gun cases can come from either side of the aisle

Of course it can, but that doesn't change the fact that the five pro votes on Heller and McDonald came from justices appointed by republican presidents. Not one democrat appointed justice voted with the majority. So if it's Romney vs Obama in 2012 I'll take my chances with Romney.

AEC1
06-06-2011, 1:37 PM
How does Cain stand on 2nd Amendment rights? He seems to be saying all the right things and the Tea Party likes him.

Herman cain, the other dark meat...:43: Vote for a conservative, vote agianst Obummer and not be accused a racist, he is 100% Black, not mixed like the current Communist in Chief!!!

Glock22Fan
06-06-2011, 2:17 PM
I intend to vote for the most electable Republican who shares my conservative views. Ron Paul is unelectable, and only tangentially conservative.

I'd like to hear more about Herman Cain.

-Gene

I like Herman Cain, but don't know too much about him.

He did great in the debates, and he comes across as very business savvy, is articulate and stays focused on message. He has a good sense of humor and is very likeable.

From the little I've learned about his positions, he seems the best choice in the current GOP line-up.

His web site is kinda light in content and details. Doesn't mention his 2A position...glad to hear he's an NRA member.

I sure hope he gets some major traction! And I really like the fact he's not a career politician...

^^^^ I agree ^^^^

Of course it can, but that doesn't change the fact that the five pro votes on Heller and McDonald came from justices appointed by republican presidents. Not one democrat appointed justice voted with the majority. So if it's Romney vs Obama in 2012 I'll take my chances with Romney.

And, to cement that idea in place, you only need to look at the justices/judges (not just SCOTUS and not just confirmed) that Obama has nominated so far. 100% anti, IIRC. Maybe Romney wouldn't be better, but he couldn't be worse.

Kid Stanislaus
06-06-2011, 4:43 PM
Cain supported bailouts and it's not easy finding a pro-gun track record on him. About all i could find was a soundbite: "I have six guns and that's not enough...hahaha!" I smell RINO.

The idea of checking his company's ccw policy is brilliant, since a constantly recurring theme in recent years has been pizza workers seeking deliverance against oppressive anti-ccw policies getting them killed.

The company's CCW policy is dictated by their insurance company. There's not an insurance company on the planet that'll allow CCW for company employees.

VW*Mike
06-06-2011, 6:52 PM
Party lines gentlemen........ thats all it comes down too. I know a number of liberals that are disenfranchised with "the anointed one", however, when it comes down to it, there current state of unhappiness will not let them cross party lines. When it comes down to select Obama, or a Republican, they will always follow party lines.

Ron Paul will not get elected, ever. Not that I don't like the guy, infact, he has some great ideas, the problem is centrist will not lean his way. All we can do, is hope when he doesn't get the nod, he stays out of the way this time. As much as we all hate to admit it, its a two party system.

Palin needs to stay in Alaska, I see why people are attracted to her, but IMO she is poison, she is what cost the GOP in 2008, and if not kept at arms length, will poison 2012.

I like what I see in Herman Cain, more so then others from what I can study.

Christie I would love to see run, he is a no bull, straight talking politician, which a lot of people would be drawn too, but he has his hands full, and has said he isn't going to run, repeatedly, yet.

Same thing with Rick Perry, yet.

Gingrich is my other hopeful, I see him pandering as a centrist, and once in, follow party lines. Him opening his mouth about "some sort of mandate" may have shot down his chances though.

Either way, we have no front runner, but its still early. Obama is heading for record campaign spending, and I think the serious people are trying to save money for a few more months. The GOP is really going to have to have a strong ticket, and really spend to get it done, regardless of how bad the economy and everything else is IMO.

ConservativeGuy
06-06-2011, 6:56 PM
Who did Herman Cain vote for in 2008?

yellowfin
06-06-2011, 7:49 PM
A major difference between Perry and Christie is that Perry is visibly and actively pro gun, where Christie has been at best a coward.

tankarian
06-06-2011, 8:00 PM
Oh you know the votes that are indicated by the polls that he ranks higher than any of the canidates in the South Carolina Debate. What the polls have been showing so far is 1. Romney 2. Guliani 3. Sarah Palin 4. Ron Paul and then everyone else. Ron Paul has above 10% of the votes according to the polls ( scientific polls not those internet polls he always wins ) and I think that number will go up as Romney and Guliani are exposed for th Democrats they really are and their records of being anti-gun,pro-amnesty, pro-choice will come about and absolutely destroy them. Not to mention their past of endorsing national ID cards.

Since you're so good with rankings, maybe you should tell us how Ron Paul performed in the last 10...no, 15 Presidential elections he participated in? :innocent:

ilkhan
06-06-2011, 8:14 PM
Ron Paul isn't an option and Palin is poison.
Cain is, from I have seen, a straight-talking common-sense problem-solver. The message of "identify the problem, THEN find the solution" is the magic bullet. Totally nullifying the racist comments from the wackos would be great, and would take a lot of wind out of Obama's sails from the black vote to boot. Put an experienced man, either military or politician, as VP and lets get moving toward a free future.

Funtimes
06-06-2011, 8:38 PM
The company's CCW policy is dictated by their insurance company. There's not an insurance company on the planet that'll allow CCW for company employees.

Our instructors can carry guns concealed, and it appears to be no problem? Gun dealers have insurance and their employees can also carry firearms... I think "no" company is a bit far.

ccmc
06-07-2011, 5:25 AM
And, to cement that idea in place, you only need to look at the justices/judges (not just SCOTUS and not just confirmed) that Obama has nominated so far. 100% anti, IIRC. Maybe Romney wouldn't be better, but he couldn't be worse.

That's true as well. Sotomayor and Kagan were sideways moves to replace two other anti 2A justices so no net change, although they'll be around for a while. A lot can happen between 2012 and 2016. It would be nice to have one more justice on the pro 2A side. 5-4 is too slim.

ccmc
06-07-2011, 5:28 AM
A major difference between Perry and Christie is that Perry is visibly and actively pro gun, where Christie has been at best a coward.

Of course TX is a pro gun state, NJ is anti. IIRC TX has a republican legislature and NJ has a democrat one ie Perry has a more friendly legislative environment than Christie. I don't know a lot about Christie, but it's hard to see how he could be any worse than Obama on this issue.

ccmc
06-07-2011, 5:45 AM
Herman cain, the other dark meat...:43: Vote for a conservative, vote agianst Obummer and not be accused a racist, he is 100% Black, not mixed like the current Communist in Chief!!!

What's the joke? In 2008 a lot of guilt plagued whites voted for Obama to prove they're not racist. In 2012 they'll vote for Cain to prove they not idiots.

I wouldn't count on Cain getting the black vote though. That movie's already been shown a number of times, most recently when Michael Steele ran for governor of MD. The black vote went to his white democrat opponent.

J.D.Allen
06-07-2011, 7:21 AM
What's the joke? In 2008 a lot of guilt plagued whites voted for Obama to prove they're not racist. In 2012 they'll vote for Cain to prove they not idiots.

I wouldn't count on Cain getting the black vote though. That movie's already been shown a number of times, most recently when Michael Steele ran for governor of MD. The black vote went to his white democrat opponent.

A mixed race yankee-from Chicago of all places-against a true African American from the south and humble beginnings...

Mark my words. Cain wins the south. Every. State.

ccmc
06-07-2011, 11:33 AM
A mixed race yankee-from Chicago of all places-against a true African American from the south and humble beginnings...

Mark my words. Cain wins the south. Every. State.

He'd win the south all right, but Obama would still get most black votes in the south. The democrat always does, even though historically the democrats were the architects of Jim Crow.

PressCheck
06-07-2011, 12:25 PM

Jeez, who carees.

PressCheck
06-07-2011, 12:46 PM
Christie I would love to see run, he is a no bull, straight talking politician, which a lot of people would be drawn too, but he has his hands full, and has said he isn't going to run, repeatedly, yet.

Do a little research...Christie has MANY very liberal positions.

Kid Stanislaus
06-07-2011, 5:41 PM
Our instructors can carry guns concealed, and it appears to be no problem? Gun dealers have insurance and their employees can also carry firearms... I think "no" company is a bit far.

Point well taken. I'm just guess'n but I'd bet my next paycheck that gun stores pay an exorbitant price for their insurance. You don't want to pay that for a pizza parlor. If anybody has any real dollar amounts they can share........

yellowfin
06-07-2011, 6:07 PM
He'd win the south all right, but Obama would still get most black votes in the south. The democrat always does, even though historically the democrats were the architects of Jim Crow.How long can that stupidity sustain itself?

yellowfin
06-07-2011, 6:08 PM
Of course TX is a pro gun state, NJ is anti. IIRC TX has a republican legislature and NJ has a democrat one ie Perry has a more friendly legislative environment than Christie.That's no excuse or reason for Christie to not be pro gun.

ccmc
06-08-2011, 10:00 AM
How long can that stupidity sustain itself?

Hard to say. There's a lot of complicated history dating back to Reconstruction in southern politics.

ccmc
06-08-2011, 10:06 AM
That's no excuse or reason for Christie to not be pro gun.

No it's not. I don't know much about him, but I understand he's been quoted as saying he's OK with NJ's gun laws. Still I'm gonna go with any republican over Obama in 2012. None of them can be worse on 2A issues. I gotta be realistic. A vote for a third party candidate more to my liking will be a vote for Obama. It stinks, but for now we still have a two party system with one party generally far better on 2A issues than the other.

BTW what happened with your Sen Gillebrand (who is one hot babe) and her so called support of 2A issues? She sure changed on that once she got elected to being pretty much in lockstep with Schumer.

Chatterbox
06-08-2011, 10:12 AM
Ron Paul will not get elected, ever. Not that I don't like the guy, infact, he has some great ideas, the problem is centrist will not lean his way. All we can do, is hope when he doesn't get the nod, he stays out of the way this time. As much as we all hate to admit it, its a two party system.

I used to vote that way, until I reflected that this kind of thinking got us Bush and multi-trillion dollar deficits. The only way to fight for small government conservatism is to vote against big government candidates, no matter whether they have a (R) or a (D) next to their names. So Romney, Huntsman etc...I will not vote for them. If that results in Obama getting a 2nd term so be it - his presence energizes small government conservatives in Congress, whereas Bush's election all but emasculated them.

mblat
06-08-2011, 10:17 AM
Summary: Gun control should be state decision

http://hotair.com/archives/2011/06/08/cain-gun-control-should-be-a-states-decision/

ccmc
06-08-2011, 10:36 AM
I used to vote that way, until I reflected that this kind of thinking got us Bush and multi-trillion dollar deficits. The only way to fight for small government conservatism is to vote against big government candidates, no matter whether they have a (R) or a (D) next to their names. So Romney, Huntsman etc...I will not vote for them. If that results in Obama getting a 2nd term so be it - his presence energizes small government conservatives in Congress, whereas Bush's election all but emasculated them.

More power to you brother but IMHO this explains a lot about how CA's state government got to be so 2A unfriendly. And if the majority of the electorate has this way of looking at the 2012 election the possibility that much or all of CGF's hopes for improving the 2A situation in CA by way of SCOTUS decisions could go up in smoke if just one pro 2A justice dies, retires or is incapacitated during Obama's second term.

BTW I thought the deficit passed the trillion dollar mark during Obama's tenure. It's not like he turned off the spigot. I'm gonna have to research that.

dustoff31
06-08-2011, 2:34 PM

There is a very good reason you can't find a track record on him. He's never held public office.

The idea of checking his company's ccw policy is brilliant,

No so much. He hasn't been the CEO of Godfathers since 1996.

Durwin
06-08-2011, 5:30 PM
Cain was interviewed on the Glenn Beck Show this afternoon. Softball questions. He didn't do badly. No glaring issues.
Durwin

hawk81
06-08-2011, 5:50 PM
Screw gun rights. None of that means ****. If the country is in total anarchy than it is a dog eat dog. That is what the NWO wants. Call me crazy, but just watch in the next 2 years what happens. You will be begging me for your safety, because I am well prepared for it.

Economics is not a zero sum system and all of the fed conspiracies rely upon the concept that it is. The federal reserve is a huge part of daily life and is relatively transparent. One can disagree with its current policy stance (I personally think it's being too accommodative right now but there are real and serious arguments the other way too) but it's hardly a conspiracy.

The problem with the gold standard is that it doesn't map well to a non zero sum creation of wealth as wealth grows faster than the supply of gold which leads to all sorts of perverse problems. If you want a real conspiracy go do some research on ConAgra and ADM and get back to us.

Now, can we go back to the qualities of a highly qualified GOP candidate who can beat Obama - a requirement if we want to keep our gun rights?

-Gene

Dan-0-
06-08-2011, 6:57 PM
The problem with Cain is that he is part of the system that got us here.
Most of you guys are missing the point that the FED sets financial policy. The FED is at the heart of the problem.
The money that our govt. should be issuing at ZERO interest is controlled and issued by the FED. The cost for printing a $1 bill vs a $50 or a $100 bill is the same. When it is put into circulation it is loaned out at face value plus interest.
Then when we get it in the form of loans it has an additional amount of interest tacked onto it. There are multiple layers to this issue, and to try and explain the different facets would take far too long.
This is one of the main reasons Ron Paul wants to audit the FED.
If the average American were to find out how much money the FED makes off our taxes just in interest alone every year there would be a revolution by morning.
I'm not saying someone should not be in charge of the monetary policy or money supply. I think that whoever is in charge of those things should be elected by us serve in the official govt. structure and conduct the business of our country's monetary supply with transparency and accountability.
Ask yourself this, if you were able to do anything you wanted with money and didn't have any accountability to anyone what would you do? Probably everything that they've done, right? That is exactly why we are in this financial mess.

dustoff31
06-08-2011, 7:09 PM
Most of you guys are missing the point that the FED sets financial policy. The FED is at the heart of the problem.
The money that our govt. should be issuing at ZERO interest is controlled and issued by the FED. The cost for printing a $1 bill vs a $50 or a $100 bill is the same. When it is put into circulation it is loaned out at face value plus interest.
Then when we get it in the form of loans it has an additional amount of interest tacked onto it. There are multiple layers to this issue, and to try and explain the different facets would take far too long.
If the average American were to find out how much money the FED makes off our taxes just in interest alone every year there would be a revolution by morning.
I'm not saying someone should not be in charge of the monetary policy or money supply. I think that whoever is in charge of those things should be elected by us serve in the official govt. structure and conduct the business of our country's monetary supply with transparency and accountability.
Ask yourself this, if you were able to do anything you wanted with money and didn't have any accountability to anyone what would you do? Probably everything that they've done, right? That is exactly why we are in this financial mess.

In an interview a couple of weeks ago, Cain did speak to this issue when he was asked about why he opposed auditing the Fed. He said in substance, I don't oppose auditing them. Audit them all you want. It's just not a priority of mine, because you won't find anything. If they are smart enough to do all the things they are accused of doing, they are certainly smart enough to not leave the evidence laying around.

If nothing else, you have to admire his honesty.

mbuna
06-08-2011, 8:38 PM
Cain on Glenn Beck, last 2/3 of show:
Pretty soft, but good for some information gathering.

http://thedailybeck.com/2011/06/08/glenn-beck-tv-show-june-8-2011/

blazeaglory
06-08-2011, 9:06 PM

weve been in this mess for decades. since carter and then with Reagan. the only president to ever leave the white house with some what of a negative spending was clinton in his last year and that was only by about less than 500billion. its been getting worse since the early 1980's. OBAMA inherited a crap mess and has failed to try to make it better. he has added to it just as the presidents before him.it was his time to shine and sweep things up but starting with obamacare, he has been failing. if he gets re elected, i hope he will change his policy during his 2nd term to curb spending and reign in the debt but i doubt he will. i heard a rumor that while he was in college he did a thesis on how to collapse a large government by spending it into a default and then a collapse. sounds scary huh?

and the fed DOES have accountability its called the dollar index and it is measured against i think 7 other currencies so when we print more, our dollar is devalued. our dollar index is roughly at 73 compared to the other major currencies. that is one of the many reasons why precious metals are so hot right now. were just coming out of a QE2. if you here of a QE3 coming, watch how worse things will become.

printing monopoly money is only part of the BIGGER problem. given it is a huge problem and OBAMA isnt helping any. there is no silver bullet but the way he is going about it is not the best way to handle things.

i dont know the answer but obama aint it. all i can do is vote me peace and prepare for the worst.

Dan-0-
06-08-2011, 9:27 PM
So you think that the fear of dollar devaluation deters the FED from inflating the monetary supply and that equals accountability?
You are one of those people that probably think laws will keep politicians from violating your rights huh?

Dan-0-
06-08-2011, 9:30 PM
In an interview a couple of weeks ago, Cain did speak to this issue when he was asked about why he opposed auditing the Fed. He said in substance, I don't oppose auditing them. Audit them all you want. It's just not a priority of mine, because you won't find anything. If they are smart enough to do all the things they are accused of doing, they are certainly smart enough to not leave the evidence laying around.

I don't admire Cain for saying they are smart enough to cover their tracks. Even though with his experience in the FED he probably knows how things are hidden.
You might as well say we shouldn't waste our time investigating crimes because criminals are probably too smart to leave any evidence laying around.
Just because it might be tough to discover the wrong doing doesn't mean it shouldn't be done.

blazeaglory
06-08-2011, 10:08 PM
So you think that the fear of dollar devaluation deters the FED from inflating the monetary supply and that equals accountability?
You are one of those people that probably think laws will keep politicians from violating your rights huh?

no and no

i said accountability. what one does when one is held accountable is different from accountability. we can hold them accountable, but does that matter to them? of course not but we can force change after holding them accountable and the dollar index is a visible form of accountability.

and your second comment just came out of your *** as most of your posts seem to be doing. im not going to even bother with arguing with a person that puts words in others mouths and judges their mind and other views based on a single post in regards to accountability.

any idiot who thinks ANY laws will keep him/her safe from ANYBODY is blind and dumb. and for you to say that about me is idiotic on your part.

dustoff31
06-08-2011, 10:16 PM
Just because it might be tough to discover the wrong doing doesn't mean it shouldn't be done.

And as I mentioned, Cain says he has no problem with an audit. It's just not one of his priorities.

hoffmang
06-08-2011, 10:45 PM
Some not so happy comments relating to the 2A for both Cain (and Johnson who I had some hope for...)

http://thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/06/aaron-jossie/2012-candidates-on-gun-rights/

-Gene

mdimeo
06-08-2011, 10:54 PM
A vote for a third party candidate more to my liking will be a vote for Obama. It stinks, but for now we still have a two party system with one party generally far better on 2A issues than the other.

Not if you live in California. For the forseeable future, your vote doesn't matter for president. California will go for obama, even if video arises of him having carnal relations with a trained seal on a stack of bibles inside the Lincoln memorial.

If you live in a very blue or very red state, vote your conscience. Only if you live in a close state should you feel obligated to vote for the "electable" candidate.

So feel free to vote for Ron Paul, or whomever. Just don't send him any money.

guntrust
06-09-2011, 4:55 AM
There is a very good reason you can't find a track record on him. He's never held public office.

But he DOES have a track record. Here are the archives of his WND column:
http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=43&authorId=225&tId=8

He just doesn't have a track record on GUNS.

Which is surprising because WND has been my favorite daily read since 1997 and WND is very friendly to gun rights. In fact, a WND article is how i first heard about Front Sight originally back in 2000 (my wife and i attended the free submachine gun course).

Given his enthusiasm for the Second Amendment "I have six guns and it's not enough hahaha", you would think he might write a little about it, given this platform? Correct me if i'm wrong, but I don't see where he did in the archives.

I supported Alan Keyes in multiple elections. I would love to see a conservative black win. Key word there is conservative, and it's starts with the Second Amendment.

br2121
06-09-2011, 12:44 PM

Not opposing an audit is a lot different than favoring one. He's a tool, a puppet, just like BO. He knows how the game is played. He knows there isn't a chance in hell of the Fed getting audited so he can answer it that way to placate the tea party. The establishment is scared to death of RP. They know RP will never get elected but he's brought a lot of issues such as the Fed to the public attention. So they have to discredit him anyway they can. Or distract with guys like Cain.

Why does the USA need to outsource it's own currency to a cabal of global bankers? Here's a thought, go and try and figure out who are the main shareholders of the Fed. It's not publicly disclosed. Why don't we have the right to know who controls the credit , interest rates and monetary supply of our country?

Art. I Sec. 8 Cl. 5
[Congress shall have Power ... ] To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, ...;
Art. I Sec. 10 Cl. 1
[No State shall ...] make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; ...

WeThePeople
06-09-2011, 5:18 PM
Some not so happy comments relating to the 2A for both Cain (and Johnson who I had some hope for...)

http://thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/06/aaron-jossie/2012-candidates-on-gun-rights/

-Gene

According to your link, who is the strongest 2A supporter? Come on Gene. Don't be bashful. Of course, it's Ron Paul. The person you don't want to support. I'll never understand why you and Bill (but...he voted against...) bash Ron Paul.

He's for personal freedom of all types. He was in the Army. He's for small government. He's for a strong defense, but not an imperial empire involved in too many useless wars.

Yes, he's old. So's Herman Cain. Cain also admitted that 4 years ago he had Stage 4 cancer.

I've never met an independent or liberal that did not think highly of Ron Paul.

If Ron Paul were to win the Republican nomination, he would win the Presidency in the biggest landslide in American history.

But hey, you guys can keep talking about 2A-suspect candidates with their own sets of problems.

br2121
06-09-2011, 5:43 PM
I'll never understand why you and Bill (but...he voted against...) bash Ron Paul.

Because they are neo-cons who support perpetual war and empire building....
They spout the constitution all day long when it comes to things they favor, but when it comes to things they don't agree with they brush RP off as a nut, call him a loser, attack him personally, etc. The idea that maybe we should mind our own business and stay out of other countries affairs seams weak to a lot of people.

RP will never have support of the far right or far left. The far left wants welfare and the far right wants more empire building. He's opposed to both. I think if he won the primary he would draw more independents from BO than republicans he would loose on the far right. We'll never know because they'll never give him the opportunity...

WeThePeople
06-09-2011, 7:43 PM
Because they are neo-cons who support perpetual war and empire building....
They spout the constitution all day long when it comes to things they favor, but when it comes to things they don't agree with they brush RP off as a nut, call him a loser, attack him personally, etc. The idea that maybe we should mind our own business and stay out of other countries affairs seams weak to a lot of people.

RP will never have support of the far right or far left. The far left wants welfare and the far right wants more empire building. He's opposed to both. I think if he won the primary he would draw more independents from BO than republicans he would loose on the far right. We'll never know because they'll never give him the opportunity...

I have a lot of respect for both Gene and Bill. They've got great legal minds and they do a lot of heavy-lifting for our 2A rights in CA.

I'm just perplexed that in a 2A forum, they put down the only candidate that fully supports us.

Bill says some things over and over.

1) RP voted against the unconstitutional bill that prevents bad lawsuits against firearms makers. The law is great for our industry, but we should have fixed the court system for all manufacturers. RP votes according to the constitution. What's wrong with that?

2) RP just wants money. This is shocking! Who would think that a politician wants money?

3) RP can't win because he can't win. See circular argument.

Gene has some issues with RP as well, but they seem to be minor. The reasons given don't seem big enough to disqualify him.

Everyone has the right to vote for his/her favorite person, without getting criticism. I'm not trying to change anyone's mind, nor do I expect to.

Let me know when you find the perfect candidate. He/she won't run.