PDA

View Full Version : Employer Matching Funds - We Can Double our Funding!

chiselchst
06-03-2011, 8:52 PM
Folks,

Have you checked to see if YOUR employer matches YOUR personal contributions to non-profit organizations? As this could double the amount of money some have donated!

Please be advised that many employers will match funds their employees have donated to 501(1)c corporations (non-profit organizations).

I know my employer does, and every penny I have donated to the CGF (plus others civil rights .orgs) has been matched by my employer.

$1 of theirs, matching every $1 donated by me... ;)

Please check with YOUR employer and find out if YOUR contributions are eligible for *matching contributions*.

It could result in some serious help for OUR 'civil rights' cause...

Have you personally checked?

gsrious
06-04-2011, 1:49 AM
good news to know. i will check with mines.

lgm118icbm
06-04-2011, 6:55 AM
I work for the University of California and considering how big they were I figured for sure they would do contribution matching. But no! They don't even to pre-tax contributions to non-profits.

bob7122
06-04-2011, 6:59 AM
good info thanks for the heads up. will look into it.

VW*Mike
06-04-2011, 7:15 AM
Sounds nice for some of you, my employer is a cheap skate and wont even match my 401K

hoffmang
06-04-2011, 9:15 AM
We have quite a few of these and they really add up!

-Gene

L84CABO
06-04-2011, 3:54 PM
Oh that's awesome! I never thought about that. My company is run by a bunch of liberal weenies. They would crap cupcakes if they found out they were contributing to the pro 2A fight. I'm checking our policies on Monday :43:

JimSar
06-04-2011, 7:23 PM
I work for the University of California and considering how big they were I figured for sure they would do contribution matching. But no! They don't even to pre-tax contributions to non-profits.

Nice thought, but the UC system probably is a donee organization, not a donor.