PDA

View Full Version : My Daughter's Boyfriend.......

usedto
06-03-2011, 4:16 PM
......took her out trap shooting a few weeks ago with him and his father. She overdid it a bit and ended up with a sore shoulder, but had fun. The next weekend was his birthday, and she took him shooting again. Last weekend, she brought him over to visit. I recently acquired a batch of long guns, and there were 6 shotguns in the batch. We took them out in the field with my thrower and a case of 12 ga. shells, and I let the two of them try the guns out.

She latched on to the Ithica Model 37 Featherlight and decided to make it hers. Her older brother had already grabbed the Winchester 25, so I gave her a kiss on the cheek and told her to enjoy it.

Girls and guns - doesn't get much better than that, does it?

ZirconJohn
06-03-2011, 4:19 PM
You said it all ^^^ right there man... :yes:

aippi
06-03-2011, 4:21 PM
My daughter would shoot everything in the safe but did not care for the pump shotguns. Loved the 11-87P and any rifle. So the now Sergeant Jessica McGuire, USMC wears and Expert badge.

Yes, Dads you can be as proud of a daughter then as a son. Got to get her to accept the 870 so will build her one as a gift.

usedto
06-03-2011, 4:27 PM
She likes my S&W 629, too.

chaseface
06-03-2011, 5:48 PM
I thought a thread started in the shotgun forum about your daughters boyfriend was gunna be a whole different kinda thread ;)

Droppin Deuces
06-03-2011, 5:55 PM
......took her out trap shooting a few weeks ago with him and his father. She overdid it a bit and ended up with a sore shoulder, but had fun. The next weekend was his birthday, and she took him shooting again. Last weekend, she brought him over to visit. I recently acquired a batch of long guns, and there were 6 shotguns in the batch. We took them out in the field with my thrower and a case of 12 ga. shells, and I let the two of them try the guns out.

She latched on to the Ithica Model 37 Featherlight and decided to make it hers. Her older brother had already grabbed the Winchester 25, so I gave her a kiss on the cheek and told her to enjoy it.

Girls and guns - doesn't get much better than that, does it?

Depends on the girl...

cntrolsguy
06-03-2011, 6:16 PM
Very Cool!!!

GMG
06-03-2011, 6:18 PM
My daughter would shoot everything in the safe but did not care for the pump shotguns. Loved the 11-87P and any rifle. So the now Sergeant Jessica McGuire, USMC wears and Expert badge.

Yes, Dads you can be as proud of a daughter then as a son. Got to get her to accept the 870 so will build her one as a gift.

Congrats to your daughter.

Thank her for me for serving her country!

I have a grand daughter That served two tours in the sand box. (Army)

erikdjs
06-03-2011, 6:18 PM
My daughters are 2 & 3 years old. I'm excited to take them shooting, but not excited to meet future boyfriends. :willy_nilly:

Spanky8601
06-03-2011, 6:36 PM
Very impressive. Good for you and her.

aippi
06-04-2011, 12:01 AM
I thought the thread was going to be about having to get the boyfriends attention with a shotgun. It is always good to let them boys know you have a shotgun, shoot it very well and ain't putting up with no mess when it comes to your daughter. Call it prevention.

Sigster
06-04-2011, 5:40 AM
My daughters are 2 & 3 years old. I'm excited to take them shooting, but not excited to meet future boyfriends. :willy_nilly:

LOL! I dread it every day too.