PDA

View Full Version : Is San Francisco County Sheriff Michael Hennessey Above The Law?

Black Dragon
06-03-2011, 3:30 PM
After 32 years in office, San Francisco County Sheriff Michael Hennessey believes that every common, law-abiding Californian's basic, fundamental, and enumerated civil right to self-defense does not deserve to be honored within his jurisdiction. What do you think?

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-oakland/san-francisco-county-sheriff-michael-hennessey-is-above-the-law

POLICESTATE
06-03-2011, 3:33 PM
He's a SF official so to answer your question, yes he is above the law, to some undetermined extent.

If he truly believes that people have to right to self-defense then he should lead by example and carry no weapons, and if attacked, simply duck and cover and wait for the police to arrive.

wildhawker
06-03-2011, 3:46 PM
Excellent article, Chau. I hope that the Sheriff chooses to take this opportunity to correct the deficiencies of the San Francisco Sheriff's Department which have existed for far too long.

ErikTheRed
06-03-2011, 4:10 PM
Nobody is above the law, but some people are way out in front of it and it'll take the law awhile to catch up. As a matter of fact, I believe the law is coming up pretty strong behind "Sheriff" Hennessey right now.

sfpcservice
06-03-2011, 4:28 PM
Excellent article, Chau. I hope that the Sheriff chooses to take this opportunity to correct the deficiencies of the San Francisco Sheriff's Department which have existed for far too long.

I wonder what went through Custer's mind when he thought he had it licked and then......

Uriah02
06-03-2011, 4:52 PM
Great read!

stix213
06-03-2011, 4:54 PM
He'll be out of office before SF comes into compliance with the law, and he will have no personal repercussions, so YES he is above the law.

Now is the SF Sheriff's Dept above the law? They are going to find out they are not before CGF is done with them :D

BigDogatPlay
06-03-2011, 7:58 PM
If he truly believes that people have to right to self-defense then he should lead by example and carry no weapons, and if attacked, simply duck and cover and wait for the police to arrive.

I doubt if he's ever carried a firearm as sheriff. He's an attorney by trade and training and never served or trained as a peace officer prior to holding the office. He's the last "non-peace officer" sheriff this state will ever know.

taperxz
06-03-2011, 8:19 PM
I would like to add my two cents on this thread!

NO ONE IS ABOVE THE LAW!!

There are those who follow the law and then those who break the law. Hennessy chooses to break the law and smiles at us while doing it. I hope The sheriff reads this because it is the truth.

Santa Cruz Armory
06-03-2011, 8:28 PM
Great article! I hope this serves as a reminder to the other sheriffs and police chiefs that the CGF is watching them.

QuarterBoreGunner
06-03-2011, 8:33 PM
Wow, a lot of name checking in that article, a lot of very familiar names. Nice.