View Full Version : Piru June 11 and 12

06-03-2011, 3:19 PM
Mrs. Pelicandriver and I will be there. Any other CalGunners going?

Joe the Electrician
06-12-2011, 7:52 PM
Had a lot of fun hope you did to.

06-13-2011, 7:10 AM
It was nice meeting you Joe. Mrs. PD and I had a great time. She had only shot a rifle once before and improved a lot. If only I could shoot in sitting and prone as well as offhand...:D I haven't checked the scores on the targets yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if she scored higher much of the time!

To all the Appleseed instructors, thank you so much for donating your time and treasure (gas is $4 a gallon!). The quality of instruction and the safety of the range is really top notch. We both found the history lessons fascinating. I hope to bring a couple of friends to future Appleseed courses.

06-13-2011, 8:15 AM
Hi guys! I'm glad you enjoyed the experience.
Personally speaking, one of the most rewarding things about being involved in AS and RWVA is meeting so many great people.
Pelican, and Mrs. Pelican, you guys showed tremendous heart and commitment over the course of the weekend. Not to mention: IMPROVEMENT!! Kudos to you and all of our shooters, both Saturday and Sunday!
BTW Pelican, your last six shots on Sunday, Standing, offhand: Six shots, six hits! HUZZAH! :clap:
Mrs. Pelican: You showed tremendous heart and improvement! You had a great "Teachable attitude," which is about the most important thing you can bring to an Appleseed. Great job!

Looking forward to seeing you all again in the future. :)
Best Regards,
Scott, IIT (Instructor in Training)

P.S.: I'll post a link to the AAR (After Action Report) on the Appleseed Forum when Mr. Pete gets it posted.

06-13-2011, 10:34 AM
Here's the link to the AAR: