PDA

View Full Version : Wanted

Rob454
12-13-2006, 4:41 PM
grips for a P89 ruger 9mm Dont care if theire factory or aftermarket. mine have some HUGE scratches in them and theire cutting into my palm. I shaved them down but it feels funny now when I shoot it. Im in westminster

Thanx
Rob

grammaton76
12-13-2006, 4:51 PM
grips for a P89 ruger 9mm Dont care if theire factory or aftermarket. mine have some HUGE scratches in them and theire cutting into my palm. I shaved them down but it feels funny now when I shoot it. Im in westminster

Thought about filling the grooves/whatnot with JB Weld? Sounds like you wouldn't be hurting the grips any over what's already happened...

Another option would be one of those... handsall, I think? The Hogue grip sleeves.

I know, this isn't what you were looking for, but just a couple ideas that might make it usable for you if you can't find what you're looking for.

NeoWeird
12-13-2006, 6:19 PM
Fill in with epoxy, then refinish with moly-resin/duracoat. You could even build up the grip with epoxy, let it cure, then form it to fit your hand better. Worth a shot since you're junking them anyways.

Corbin Dallas
12-13-2006, 7:33 PM
Dude, buy some Hogue grips. Trust me, they are SO much better than the OEM ruger crap grip set.

ivanimal
12-14-2006, 12:47 PM
Pachmayr are whats on mine, I love em.

http://www.gunaccessories.com/PachmayrRubberGrips/signaturewithbackstraps/pachmayrsignaturegripswithbackstrap.asp

http://www.gunaccessories.com/PachmayrRubberGrips/signaturewithbackstraps/P89Signature.jpg

Ratters
12-14-2006, 3:08 PM
Pachmayrs look like *** though. :p

I have Hogue on mine and it makes the gun MUCH nicer to shoot. If you want the stock grips though you are welcome to them. IM me and I'll mail them off to you when I get off my lazy ***. :D But if you want to really enjoy the gun, get the Hogues. Can't really emphasize too much how much better it is to shoot with them.

ivanimal
12-14-2006, 3:42 PM
Pachmayrs look like *** though. :p

I have Hogue on mine and it makes the gun MUCH nicer to shoot. If you want the stock grips though you are welcome to them. IM me and I'll mail them off to you when I get off my lazy ***. :D But if you want to really enjoy the gun, get the Hogues. Can't really emphasize too much how much better it is to shoot with them.

Take what Ratters says with a grain of salt as he is mentally unstable. He would have to be, to be my friend.:D :D

I liked the stock grips myself but I cant seem to leave anything alone once I buy it.