PDA

View Full Version : who is in the roseville / sacto

1911whore
12-13-2006, 4:40 PM
who is in the roseville/ sacto area that would like to put together an informal day of shooting and getting to get to know each other?

wayoutwest
12-13-2006, 5:08 PM
I am a little south but would like to try to meet up sometime, was at Sac Valley yesterday moring in the rain, nice place.

Where do you have in mind? When?

762cavalier
12-13-2006, 5:20 PM
I'm in South Sacramento but love to go out to Sac Valley(am a member there) went and met up with Tundraman there in the rain on Sunday and had a blast:rolleyes: I was just thinking of this very idea of getting together a Sacto shoot and it appeared. I'm in just give me some idea of dates or times:D

SpeedTribe
12-13-2006, 5:32 PM
Count me in. After Xmas shoot at SacValley? Everyone can show what Santa brought.

tundraman
12-13-2006, 5:52 PM
Count me in. 762cavalier and I have been meeting at the range regularly lately. Sounds like a good idea for us all to get together and meet.

Altahick
12-13-2006, 5:52 PM
im in roseville, im in on a shoot and meet, as long as its not on a weekday :)

762cavalier
12-13-2006, 9:15 PM
well I'm already planning an after Christmas shoot. Will be going to Sac valley on dec 31 (sunday) for a new years eve shoot. Will have to go early as the range closes at 2:00 that day

Toolbox X
12-13-2006, 9:25 PM
I'm game for a Sac shoot. Please let me know the details.

robairto
12-13-2006, 9:36 PM
Fellas, I will put together another shoot and hoot in Oroville (1hr north)
after duck season. It may be a little late but the facility is very large
with benches and a restroom. It is 1st come 1st served. I'll post when
we get a little closer. RB

eckerph
12-13-2006, 9:57 PM

I might be interested in an Oroville rang trip.

DrjonesUSA
12-13-2006, 10:22 PM
I'm down.

Just tell me when & where and I'm there. :)

Vepr62
12-13-2006, 10:35 PM
Count me in. I often shoot at Cordova Shooting Center. Anybody else goes there?
Vasiliy

PLINK
12-13-2006, 10:38 PM
Count me in. I often shoot at Cordova Shooting Center. Anybody else goes there?
Vasiliy

I do.

Count me in on the meet and greet/ shoot.

Vepr62
12-13-2006, 10:43 PM
Hey, CalGunners... We should think of a secret sighn or a handshake to recognize our own.

JimAmentler
12-13-2006, 11:01 PM
I'm up for this as well. Let me know a final date and time. Do they have anywhere to BBQ after shooting?

PLINK
12-13-2006, 11:03 PM
Hey, CalGunners... We should think of a secret sighn or a handshake to recognize our own.

I think the black rifle with a funny grip or stock or mag locking device is a dead give away. :D J/K. I say, "Thunder" and you say, "Lightning". I will be thinking of sign or hand shake though.

Stevil
12-13-2006, 11:15 PM
I'm there, after Christmas would be good, IS THERE A DATE, who's in charge? My Birthday is on the 29th... you can all bring presents, copper jacketed preferably. ;) :D

1911whore
12-14-2006, 7:10 AM
I will get together with the folks at the range ( Sac Valley Shooting center) I am a member and see if there is a weekend day we can kind of block off an area on the 100yd range or action pistol bays and they have bbq pits so it should be a good time. Jeffrice6 and myself are great friends and shoot there often. I too was there this weekend in the rain I believe it was saturday with the girlfriend. I will get somewhat a head count and try to put it together right after the new year. Most likely the weekend after new years.

RANGER295
12-14-2006, 8:08 AM
All of my weekends are tied up for the next month or two. But if we have another one after that I am in for a Sac Valley day.

1911whore
12-14-2006, 8:12 AM
Ranger I am out there quite a bit so maybe we can put together a day. Are you a member? I have access to the action pistol range and am an IDPA member so if you are a pistol guy we can go do a bit of blasting. I am occasionally available during the week so if weekends dont work we can shoot during the week.

RANGER295
12-14-2006, 8:28 AM
Ranger I am out there quite a bit so maybe we can put together a day. Are you a member? I have access to the action pistol range and am an IDPA member so if you are a pistol guy we can go do a bit of blasting. I am occasionally available during the week so if weekends dont work we can shoot during the week.
1911, the rest of my family are members but I didnít renew this year because I wasnít making it out there enough to justify the cost and I could use the other ranges as long as I was there with my dad or brother. I never made it out to the action pistol range but would love to. I probably still wont be able to make it out there for the next month or so but next time I have some free time I will have to PM you and we can see what we can work out.

ivanimal
12-14-2006, 8:36 AM
I may be able to make it to the shoot as well. I am sure there are many people in the east bay that would make the trek. I work in Vacaville everyday so Sacramento is not too far by my standards. I know of at least 2 others with the same situation.

I added a poll so you could keep track of who cam make it and when. If you need any other assistance please PM me and I will do what I can.

jojosdad
12-14-2006, 11:44 AM
I'll be there - also interested in the Oroville meet, as I live up here in Chico.

natedogg1777
12-14-2006, 11:52 AM
yes please! Believe it or not I've never been shooting at a "real" range before...only out at my family's property. Any tips for not being a total noob? I just helped a close friend build his OLL on Monday, I'm sure he'd love to come as well.

DrjonesUSA
12-14-2006, 12:21 PM
yes please! Believe it or not I've never been shooting at a "real" range before...only out at my family's property. Any tips for not being a total noob? I just helped a close friend build his OLL on Monday, I'm sure he'd love to come as well.

That's funny....I've never done any shooting on open land.

I think you're in for disappointment. On open land, you can do whatever you want: double-taps, rapid fire, etc.

Not so on most private ranges. :mad:

brighamr
12-14-2006, 4:21 PM
I'm definitely down to attend, and I'm sure two of my brothers will come along as well. If you guys want to have some real fun though, we could meet in SAC and carpool to a place I know in Eldorado (shoot anything, rapid fire, any target, and don't pay any money, it is about a 45 min trek though). IMO it is the way shooting is supposed to be done. But if you're set on Cordova, I would go there just to meet everyone :-)

DrjonesUSA
12-14-2006, 4:32 PM
I'm definitely down to attend, and I'm sure two of my brothers will come along as well. If you guys want to have some real fun though, we could meet in SAC and carpool to a place I know in Eldorado (shoot anything, rapid fire, any target, and don't pay any money, it is about a 45 min trek though). IMO it is the way shooting is supposed to be done. But if you're set on Cordova, I would go there just to meet everyone :-)

THAT is what I'M talking about!!!!

I'm down for that!!!

JS-M1A
12-14-2006, 4:38 PM
I`m located south in Lodi/Stockton area.But would really like to meet
Some fellow board members. If its going to be open range shoot
Will we be able to bring reg`ed Aw`s ? I haven`t had the $$ to
build up any of my OLL`s. Anyone want to caravan?

Altahick
12-14-2006, 5:02 PM
this sounds like its shaping up nicely! i cant wait, the 45min trek place sounds cool im in for that.

WhiteGT
12-14-2006, 5:07 PM
I'm all about the free ranges. Got a new shotgun to break in and some 223 to waste.

RANGER295
12-14-2006, 7:23 PM
Donít get me wrong, I enjoy going to the range, but I would take shooting at an unofficial range any time over the other. I really like shooting at cans and bottles and stuff like that rather than a paper target. If I can make it to either one I am there but I would prefer the free one. The only problem with the one where you have to hike in, is I have to pick what I want to take. I usually just drive up with 15 to 20 guns and four or five .50 cal ammo cans packed with ammo. Too much to carry.

brighamr
12-14-2006, 8:36 PM
Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy going to the range, but I would take shooting at an unofficial range any time over the other. I really like shooting at cans and bottles and stuff like that rather than a paper target. If I can make it to either one I am there but I would prefer the free one. The only problem with the one where you have to hike in, is I have to pick what I want to take. I usually just drive up with 15 to 20 guns and four or five .50 cal ammo cans packed with ammo. Too much to carry.

no hiking required! you literally drive in, unload and start shootin. The last time I went, we drove my brother's Sentra R (wouldn't recommend in january though). We blew up a computer monitor, bunch of plates, clock and a couple hundred clay pidgeons. (We brought all the garbage back to dispose of properly of course). But trust me, it is way funner than at a regular range, and it's free :)

Don't mean to hijack the thread or anything, just my .02

anotherone
12-14-2006, 8:40 PM

I'm in the same boat as robairto. I can't attend any type of shoot until after duck season is over. After January 28th, just about any Saturday or Sunday will do... well at least until Spring Turkey Season begins :D!

RANGER295
12-14-2006, 8:40 PM
no hiking required! you literally drive in, unload and start shootin. The last time I went, we drove my brother's Sentra R (wouldn't recommend in january though). We blew up a computer monitor, bunch of plates, clock and a couple hundred clay pidgeons. (We brought all the garbage back to dispose of properly of course). But trust me, it is way funner than at a regular range, and it's free :)

Don't mean to hijack the thread or anything, just my .02
That sounds great!!!:D When you said ď45min. trekĒ, I thought you meant hike. Which is fine with me but driving up is even better.

Stevil
12-14-2006, 8:44 PM
I'm a member at Sac Valley and oft shoot at Cordova BUT I think a open shoot would be a great deal of fun. Bring some appliances and a BBQ and plenty of ammo and we're good to go. I may have some Tannerites left-over somewhere! ;) :D

brighamr
12-14-2006, 8:47 PM
also bring some old junk RC cars if you have any, it's fun to blow up moving targets :-)

Stevil
12-14-2006, 8:51 PM
LOL, good idea, I have plenty of those, I also have a clay launcher.:) 9 out of 14 voters swing toward the 7th, nice!

brighamr
12-14-2006, 8:53 PM
LOL, good idea, I have plenty of those, I also have a clay launcher.:)

haha clays are good too, guess the RC cars is my redneck side coming out ;)

Stevil
12-14-2006, 9:01 PM
Hmmmm... cheap RC planes, now that would be... interesting! :D

Pthfndr
12-14-2006, 9:31 PM
Some Sac Valley general rules, and other stuff.

1) Use of the member only ranges (such as the Action Pistol bays, silhouette range, etc) is limited to the member and 2 guests.*

2) Use of any of the various ranges cannot be reserved/held for private get togethers. Only by recognized sanctioning organiztions**

3) Areas/sections of the public rifle/pistol range cannot be held or blocked off for groups. ***

4) There is an area for holding picnics/barbcue in Chizar Park****

5) Before attempting to schedule a get together for any given day it would be best to check the range calender to see if any other events are scheduled for the range you wish to use.*****

6) Stephanie Britton is the range General Manager. If you want to see if you can get an exception to any of the rules, TALK TO HER.******

*It looks as though there are probably enough Sac Valley members here that we would probably be able to accomadate most of the non members who want to go should a member only range be available.

**This is due to 2 things. One is insurance issues, The range has general limited liability insurance (believe it or not it's basically the same as an amusement park), any other insurance is generally provided by the sponsering organization. The other is the ranges tax exempt status. All "events" must be open to anyone.

***On the public ranges it's first come, first served. Half the public rifle range is covered, half isn't. But now that they have the new portable target stands it would be very easy for a group to have a lot of the uncovered portion to themselves (very few people use that part of it).

****Chizar Park is the 3 gazebos just across the parking lot from the rifle range office (named for Bill Chizar, the previous GM, a true gun lover, and all around great guy, RIP) It's open to anyone for picnicing, while there is currently no permanent BBg there, you can bring your own.

*****Most of the member only ranges are in use every weekend. The January 07 calender is not up yet. The 06 yearly calender is still up on the range website. You can see what events are scheduled and what range they are using, i.e. Action Pistol, Silhouette, 1000 yard, etc. The schedule is pretty much the same every month.
http://www.sacvalley.org/SacVal/December.html

******Don't ask ANYONE but Stephanie. She can generally be found in the rifle range office or shotgun range office. Don't ask Tom or Harold, or Roselyn, or Candi. They will all tell you to talk to Stephanie. Hers is the last word and the only one that counts.

If/when you talk to Stephanie, tell her Rob Thomas said to talk to her. That way she won't think you're some kind of nut for asking. She can chew me out for sending you to her. We're on real good terms. I'm there a lot, to put it mildly :D

Added note: At Sac Valley they do NOT allow you to shoot "stuff". Only authorized targets.

As far as shooting up in the El Dorado forest. It will be getting real cold. Morman Emmigrant trail is now closed part way up. More snow is due this friday night and the snow level is predicted to get down to 2000-3000 feet. Most of it will stay, putting a lot of the good shooting areas out of reach for quite a while. The areas below the snow level are getting really muddy, as are the dirt roads into them. Just something to keep in mind.

eckerph
12-14-2006, 9:47 PM
I have a place thats on public land, Spencville wildlife Refuge has a decent place to shoot if you go with a group of people. Its well used on the weekends but if you had a group of guys their you can regulate things you're own way as far as cease fires and such. I haven't been their in awhile but its totally accessible by any car since the roads are gravel and the bumps aren't too bad. The only bummer is its about an hour from Sac i would guess.

http://www.nevadacountythingstodo.com/hiking/spenceville/

Map, the little red square in the left is the shooting area.
http://www.gv.net/~spenceville/

brighamr
12-15-2006, 6:41 AM
I'm down to drive an hour for an open shoot...

1911whore
12-15-2006, 7:34 AM
i am open for spenceville or sac valley shooting center. Cordova is a crap range and edh is most likely going to be messy. Spenceville would be great as long as alot of us get there early and kind of do a block off as there are alot of irresponsible folks that go there from time to time. I do shoot there 2-3 times a month and it would allow more freedom of shooting and not having to change ranges to go from rifle to pistol. I just thought sac valley shooting center would be good as it is condusive to chatting and it is organized as most of us have not shot together before and such. Also it gives an opportunity to do a meet and greet and for others to check out a first class range if they have not been there. It is also more central to most of the members here. Please PM me with suggestions and I reallywant to make this happen on the 6th or 7th of jan.

JimAmentler
12-15-2006, 7:52 AM
I'm up for either place. I'm in Marysville all the time anyway.

If everyone decides Sac Valley, most likely there will be an IDPA match going on since it's the first Sunday of the month. Maybe get some shooting in, whether IDPA or one of the other ranges and then a BBQ.

1911whore
12-15-2006, 8:05 AM
yeah there will be a match. I will shoot that and then move over and hang with the calgunners.

Altahick
12-15-2006, 4:52 PM
i shoot at the spencville place every once in a while its a decent place to shoot, and u can shoot anything u want.

LECTRIKHED
12-15-2006, 7:33 PM
I'd love a sacramento shoot. I need to meet more people who like to shoot.

eckerph
12-15-2006, 8:11 PM
Can we nail down a location? I think its between Spencville and Sac Valley, perhaps another poll?

brighamr
12-15-2006, 8:59 PM
Can we nail down a location? I think its between Spencville and Sac Valley, perhaps another poll?

another poll sounds good. I don't know about the other people, but I'm more interested in seeing what an AR can do to physical objects than paper... (not that targets are bad, but I've been to plenty of target shoots and I'm more interested to see the damage from different rounds on different objects than who can consistently aim well)

gloxter
12-15-2006, 9:05 PM
But unless someone can convince SVSC to let my 50 on the line, I ain't going. I think it's BS they don't allow them, even at the far end towards the sillhouette area.

My vote's for Spenceville, bringing some chairs, BBQ, sodas/water, and lots of toys. BTW, I've never been to Spenceville, so it'd be great to go with a bunch of guys.

SpeedTribe
12-16-2006, 6:01 AM
Last few times I went to Spenceville during the summer the Rangers/GameWardens were out busting people for bringing in garbage to shoot.
The rule there is supposed to be "Paper Targets Only" or skeet.
Too many folks take TVs, Doors, water tanks, etc...and just leave all the crap there. After a busy weekend with no supervision it is just a huge garbage dump.
The plus side is you can shoot whatever you have as fast as you like.
-
I vote SacValley for a semi-official get together.

PLINK
12-16-2006, 10:37 AM
I am on call Jan.1st-7th. If you guys end up going on these dates, I will have to catch the next get together.

OldLandParkPat
12-17-2006, 2:05 AM
Thought I'd gloat a little here and post my PRIVATE range... :D

I'm a native Sacramentan and California boy through and through but decided move north 8 years ago.. ;)

gloxter
12-17-2006, 9:19 AM
I'm a native Sacramentan as well. How far "north" is north? Looks like a beautiful range, brother.

-gloxter

JimAmentler
12-17-2006, 9:49 AM
Thought I'd gloat a little here and post my PRIVATE range... :D

I'm a native Sacramentan and California boy through and through but decided move north 8 years ago.. ;)

Very nice! I would love to have an area like that. I can imagine waking up, having a cup of coffee and thinking "I think I'll go out back and get some shooting in" each morning!

OldLandParkPat
12-17-2006, 10:03 AM
We're right above the 40th parallel.

Actually, that's not on my property, but in the national forest about 5 minutes away. Set up under a huge oak tree, and it's 200 off to the right a little (a rarity in the mountains). No one uses it but me.. :D

I can shoot 50 behind the house, 100 if I want boolits flying past the house but that's not a very comfortable proposition, even though it's far from hitting it. I just don't like anything past the firing line... :eek:

Gromulin
12-18-2006, 8:37 AM
I'd be in for a get together. I'm in Roseville, and a member of the Lincoln Rifle Club. Never been there with a private group, but it's open on the weekends to the public. It's about 10 mins from the house, so its my preferred venue, but I hear that SVSS is a great range too. Heard too many scary stories about Spenceville to be very excited about that venue...

Altahick
12-20-2006, 6:54 PM
there is a lot of idiots at spencville, shooting while others are checking there targets and such, but with a bunch of us there none of that crap would be going on. and people wont want to go there when they see the whole range cluttered up with crazy calgunners:D

Rugerdaddy
12-21-2006, 10:02 PM
I would enjoy getting together- don't live far from SVSS. However, my rifle (yeah, I currently only own one!) is in Oregon at the gunsmith getting some work done on it. I have purchased a Mosin Nagant on gunbroker.com (so, I guess I technicaly own two rifles), but I'm not sure when it will ship- then I have the 10 day wait. Point is, I may not have a rifle to shoot in January, but I just wanted to put my name in the hat so you all would know I'm interested. Cheers- Merry Christmas.

Renron
12-22-2006, 8:54 PM
I'm in the sacto area, also a member of the Folsom shooting center. Oroville works too. Jan. 6,7. Lets go!!!!

Renron

Wulf
12-24-2006, 12:10 PM
i shoot at the spencville place every once in a while its a decent place to shoot, and u can shoot anything u want.

Actually at spencville they periodically crack down on that just to limit the garbage. I nearly got jacked up but the cops there once. I had brought some steel targets out which I fully intended to retrieve after shooting. The ranger made me bring them back in immediately.... "Paper Only". My impression was that I only narrowly avoided a ticket or whatever. My favorite place to shoot is Colfax. Its not long but its easy to get to .

12-24-2006, 12:28 PM
I'm definitely in!! I was actually looking at trying to set up something like this after the first of the year myself. Where ever when ever.

Standish
12-26-2006, 9:54 AM
folsom here also. dont have time though :(

gloxter
12-26-2006, 6:34 PM
It's been too long since my last outing. I'm available. Just let me know where, when, what to bring, etc.

JeffCinSac
12-27-2006, 3:16 PM
Sounds like a good time.

I'll try to make it.

-J

762cavalier
12-27-2006, 4:21 PM
Have we set up a date and place yet. I am looking forward to a calguns meet.

Altahick
12-29-2006, 5:30 PM

yea im wondering this to

eckerph
12-29-2006, 7:48 PM

Me too, looks like the 6th and 7th are good days but no location yet.

brighamr
01-01-2007, 2:22 PM
considering the most favored dates are within a week, and no one is giving a definite time/place. I will venture "January 6th at Sacramento Valley Shooting Center". Look here for directions, rules, etc. http://www.sacvalley.org/ I will be there with some friends, and if everyone from here shows up that would be greeeaaaat :)

bobothebigdog
01-01-2007, 3:30 PM
How about January 6th at Sac Valley around 12:00?

Altahick
01-01-2007, 4:25 PM
so wats the super secret calguns handshake gona be:D how are we gona be able to tell who are fellow calguners are?

Rugerdaddy
01-01-2007, 4:40 PM
How about January 6th at Sac Valley around 12:00?
I'll be there- barring some unforseen event, like...my wife says no! :)

What are we shooting? Rifles? Pistols? Anything? My rifle's at Gundoc- I don't have one right now.

bobothebigdog
01-01-2007, 7:31 PM
Lets do some shooting at the 100 yard rifle range first. It has 46 positions so it should be more than enough to hold all the Calguners who decide to show up. They don't accept any new shooters after 3:00 and we have to be out of there around 4:00 so don't show up too late. Look forward to seeing what kind of builds you guys are runnin.

-Bobo

gloxter
01-02-2007, 10:09 AM
In an earlier thread about the SacValley calguns member shoot, someone mentioned the ability to ask a female staff member (the Boss?) if it would be possible to bring a .50 to the rifle line. Could the calguns member ask ahead of time if that would be a possibility? I'd gladly trade some BMG shots for some OLL shots. Let me know. The day is nearing.

-gloxter

gloxter
01-02-2007, 10:18 AM
Some Sac Valley general rules, and other stuff.

1) Use of the member only ranges (such as the Action Pistol bays, silhouette range, etc) is limited to the member and 2 guests.*

2) Use of any of the various ranges cannot be reserved/held for private get togethers. Only by recognized sanctioning organiztions**

3) Areas/sections of the public rifle/pistol range cannot be held or blocked off for groups. ***

4) There is an area for holding picnics/barbcue in Chizar Park****

5) Before attempting to schedule a get together for any given day it would be best to check the range calender to see if any other events are scheduled for the range you wish to use.*****

6) Stephanie Britton is the range General Manager. If you want to see if you can get an exception to any of the rules, TALK TO HER.******

*It looks as though there are probably enough Sac Valley members here that we would probably be able to accomadate most of the non members who want to go should a member only range be available.

**This is due to 2 things. One is insurance issues, The range has general limited liability insurance (believe it or not it's basically the same as an amusement park), any other insurance is generally provided by the sponsering organization. The other is the ranges tax exempt status. All "events" must be open to anyone.

***On the public ranges it's first come, first served. Half the public rifle range is covered, half isn't. But now that they have the new portable target stands it would be very easy for a group to have a lot of the uncovered portion to themselves (very few people use that part of it).

****Chizar Park is the 3 gazebos just across the parking lot from the rifle range office (named for Bill Chizar, the previous GM, a true gun lover, and all around great guy, RIP) It's open to anyone for picnicing, while there is currently no permanent BBg there, you can bring your own.

*****Most of the member only ranges are in use every weekend. The January 07 calender is not up yet. The 06 yearly calender is still up on the range website. You can see what events are scheduled and what range they are using, i.e. Action Pistol, Silhouette, 1000 yard, etc. The schedule is pretty much the same every month.
http://www.sacvalley.org/SacVal/December.html

******Don't ask ANYONE but Stephanie. She can generally be found in the rifle range office or shotgun range office. Don't ask Tom or Harold, or Roselyn, or Candi. They will all tell you to talk to Stephanie. Hers is the last word and the only one that counts.

If/when you talk to Stephanie, tell her Rob Thomas said to talk to her. That way she won't think you're some kind of nut for asking. She can chew me out for sending you to her. We're on real good terms. I'm there a lot, to put it mildly :D

Added note: At Sac Valley they do NOT allow you to shoot "stuff". Only authorized targets.

As far as shooting up in the El Dorado forest. It will be getting real cold. Morman Emmigrant trail is now closed part way up. More snow is due this friday night and the snow level is predicted to get down to 2000-3000 feet. Most of it will stay, putting a lot of the good shooting areas out of reach for quite a while. The areas below the snow level are getting really muddy, as are the dirt roads into them. Just something to keep in mind.

So Pthfndr: Just curious if a reputable member such as yourself wouldn't mind asking Stephanie, the General Manager for permission to bring my .50BMG ahead of time. They could stick me adjacent to the old silhouette range and I'd be far, far, from the pistol line. I'm sure all the calgunners at the rifle range wouldn't mind taking a gander at "her" either. Let me know.

-gloxter

45R
01-02-2007, 3:43 PM
50 BMG is restricted at Sac Valley. Yolo Sportsmans Association is 50 BMG friendly and you'll have more than enough stalls for a rifle shoot.

Altahick
01-02-2007, 5:33 PM
so is it jan 6 bout 12 oclock at the 100yrd range, sounds good to my see ya there :cool:

Pthfndr
01-02-2007, 6:41 PM
Sorry Gloxter, no 50 BMG is allowed to be fired at the range.

It's an involved, long story. They used to allow them, and in fact had 50 bmg LR competitions on the 1000 yard range. Sadly, no more.

As far as other ammo goes, to the best of my knowledge the only restrictions are no tracers, and armor piercing (designed as such) ammo. Steel core, steel jacket, tungsten core, are all ok. Don't ask, don't tell.

gloxter
01-02-2007, 6:58 PM
It was worth a try. Thanks anyways. Hope to see you guys on Saturday.

Rugerdaddy
01-05-2007, 1:22 PM
Lets do some shooting at the 100 yard rifle range first. It has 46 positions so it should be more than enough to hold all the Calguners who decide to show up. They don't accept any new shooters after 3:00 and we have to be out of there around 4:00 so don't show up too late. Look forward to seeing what kind of builds you guys are runnin.

-Bobo
So the 100 yard range it is. 12:00ish. My mini is at Gundoc, my M44 can't be picked up until the 15th, and my CAL-15 is currently just a Vulcan stripped lower. So, I'll stop by to see what you guys are shooting, and to say hello. :)

Stevil
01-05-2007, 10:19 PM
Ah crap, I'm manning the NRA booth oiutside the Cal Expo gun show tomorrow... I miss all the fun. :o

Wulf
01-06-2007, 7:55 AM
Dang! There's a gunshow and a shoot today. That's totally not fair.

762cavalier
01-06-2007, 2:47 PM
well I opted for the gun show even though I really wanted to meet the other local Calgunners.I needed to stock up on some ammo.:(

Rugerdaddy
01-06-2007, 4:32 PM
VEPR62, Bobothebigdog, SpeedTribe and I made it to the shoot today. I can't speak for the others, but I had a great time. I think they did, too. As my rifles were unavailable, I shot bobo's and speedtribe's various "15" models- both of whom refused to let me buy any ammo- and I found their weapons to be really nice. (Though, one of speetribe's was a HEAVY s.o.b., ...but then he's bigger and stronger than me.)

I promised the guys that when I get my mini 14 back from the gunsmith I'll return the favor and let them shoot it!! :)
I think they were really excited about that..... :rolleyes:

Also, the staff at Sac Valley was really friendly and helpful. I like that. I joined on the spot.

Hope some of you others can make it next time.

Vepr62
01-06-2007, 6:38 PM
Altahick was there as well. He is kinda quiet guy, and was quietly shooting on the right side of me, untill I hit him with ejected brass from my Romak. And then there was a parachutist playing with his shute on the hill a little bit to the left of line of fire. It was definately fun.

Vasiliy

bobothebigdog
01-06-2007, 6:59 PM
I had a good time too. I think most people decided to check out the gun show instead. Still, shooting that heavy barreled AR with the tricked out trigger was incredible. I really need to start modding my stag, shooting it is getting boring. :D Good luck on getting your AR built RuggerDaddy.

-bobo

Altahick
01-06-2007, 7:55 PM
yeah i was there too, i had a fun time. next time i guess i will have to speak up a little and go meet some of u guys, i talked to vepr62 for a while. man and i though my sks flung brass far, vepr's romak was flingin spent shells halfway across the range, he kept hittin some old lady in the head :D
some retard landed his parachute just beyond the 300yd range, i was waitin for one of u guys to take him out:D but ya it was a fun time we'll have to do it again sometime

Rugerdaddy
01-06-2007, 9:12 PM
yeah i was there too, i had a fun time. next time i guess i will have to speak up a little and go meet some of u guys
Man, I can't believe I missed you. (Meeting you....not shooting at you :D ) And I was gonna rag you for not being there. Next time.

Good luck on getting your AR built RuggerDaddy.

Thanks bobo, hopefully I'll have that, my Mini 14, and my Moisin-Nagant next time, so I can shoot at the parchutists, too! :D

bobothebigdog
01-06-2007, 9:46 PM
yeah i was there too, i had a fun time. next time i guess i will have to speak up a little and go meet some of u guys, i talked to vepr62 for a while. man and i though my sks flung brass far, vepr's romak was flingin spent shells halfway across the range, he kept hittin some old lady in the head :D
some retard landed his parachute just beyond the 300yd range, i was waitin for one of u guys to take him out:D but ya it was a fun time we'll have to do it again sometime

Damn, I can't believe I missed that. Did he leave quick?

Rugerdaddy
01-07-2007, 6:23 AM
No, he was just busy shooting and didn't say anything

shooting that heavy barreled AR with the tricked out trigger was incredible.

Yeah, that trigger was something special, Speedtribe's got some VERY nice rifles. Hey, maybe I'll save money- I don't have to build a rifle, just go shootin' when speedtribe does! Shoot his! They're better than any I can afford! :D

SpeedTribe
01-07-2007, 7:44 AM
It was great to meet a few of the Sacramento area folks. Since some of us signed up as members maybe we can hit the Action Rifle course next time.
As far as you guys shooting my rifles...No problem at all. That is what is cool about getting together, you can try things out before committing to buy.
Hopefully we can get a better turn out next time and perhaps make it a regular event.

bobothebigdog
01-07-2007, 5:35 PM
No, he was just busy shooting and didn't say anything

Yeah, that trigger was something special, Speedtribe's got some VERY nice rifles. Hey, maybe I'll save money- I don't have to build a rifle, just go shootin' when speedtribe does! Shoot his! They're better than any I can afford! :D

I was talking about parachute guy. I'll be saving up for that timney trigger he has.

-Bobo

Altahick
01-07-2007, 5:58 PM
heres the parachute guy, that is the 100yd line in the pic, the parachute guy is on the hill just beyond the 300yd line, and he was up there for a while fartin around im not really shure what he was doing and why he was doing whatever he was doing at the end of a freekin shooting range:eek:

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f33/hillbilie/sacvalleyshootingcenter007.jpg

bobothebigdog
01-07-2007, 8:08 PM
LOL, what a dumbass I hope they called the sheriff on him.

Wulf
01-08-2007, 6:25 AM
Since some of us signed up as members maybe we can hit the Action Rifle course next time.

One thing you might want to consider is the NCPS action Pistol match on Sunday 1/28. NCPS has been shooting rifles through the Pistol courses of fire (minus the steel). Its all close range stuff, by rifle standards, but fun none the less and a good chance to work out the rifle away from the bench and the fixed shooting positions.

Rugerdaddy
01-15-2007, 5:54 PM
OK, guys. Are we ready to start planning another get together at Sac Valley? How about sometime in February? Any ideas? I'm good for most Saturdays or Sunday. Give some feedback here. Bobo? Speedtribe? Vepr62? Altahick? Anyone else?

bobothebigdog
01-16-2007, 6:08 PM
I'll be very busy until late February when things should start to slow down. If you want to set up a meet before then I'll try and fit it in; Saturdays are the best. Shooting stuff is fun.

-Bobo

Rugerdaddy
01-16-2007, 11:03 PM
I'll be very busy until late February...

-Bobo

Oh yeah, you're a college student. I saw "Animal House"- I know how busy you college students are! :D

and

Shooting stuff is fun.

Like parachutists? :eek:

bobothebigdog
01-17-2007, 5:11 PM
No parachutists. I wonder how long its going to take for that guy to make a hole in the ground with brains like that.

Vepr62
01-17-2007, 5:21 PM
Lets make it happen. I am good for any Saturday, on Sundays I have to go to Church with my better half. I made an agreement with her: Saturdays for fun (meaning guns), and Sundays for her and God. LOL
Vasiliy

Altahick
01-17-2007, 5:59 PM
Lets make it happen. I am good for any Saturday, on Sundays I have to go to Church with my better half. I made an agreement with her: Saturdays for fun (meaning guns), and Sundays for her and God. LOL
Vasiliy

sound good to me :)

bobothebigdog
01-17-2007, 6:26 PM
Vasiliy

Nice ;) , does she shoot? Wife + Guns = more gun time.

Vepr62
01-17-2007, 7:25 PM
She (wife) does NOT shoot, but my 4 y/o daughter can assemble/disassemble my AK. I help her to take the top cover off, but she knows all the steps how to do it. She even can install bolt on a carrier the right way.
Vasiliy

RANGER295
01-17-2007, 7:52 PM
We should start a new poll for the next couple of months. I really donít know what I am going to have open yet but I am always looking for an excuse to get out there and shoot plus I would like to have a chance to meet yíall so I will be there if I can make it.

bobothebigdog
01-17-2007, 8:26 PM
She (wife) does NOT shoot, but my 4 y/o daughter can assemble/disassemble my AK. I help her to take the top cover off, but she knows all the steps how to do it. She even can install bolt on a carrier the right way.
Vasiliy

:D Start em young

1SGMAT
01-19-2007, 11:07 AM
let me know when and wear

Rugerdaddy
01-19-2007, 12:01 PM
I don't think the poll works that well. It was pretty much ignored the first time: Somebody (bobothebigdog) just stepped up to the plate finally, and said, "Hey, here's the date and time. Be there if you can!" I think we should just state a time, then everyone who can make it be there.

Also, ..........I don't know how to start a new poll!

ivanimal
01-21-2007, 10:02 PM
Hey guys I am going to unstick this thread. I can start another poll if you like just PM me the details you want and it will get done.

Rugerdaddy
01-22-2007, 10:27 AM
Hey guys I am going to unstick this thread. I can start another poll if you like just PM me the details you want and it will get done.

Thanks, but I'll figure out how to do it, and start a new poll. I already looked at the FAQs, and it looks easy enough. :)