PDA

View Full Version : OLL friendly ranges around Sac?

natedogg1777
12-13-2006, 3:38 PM
Anybody have any experience with OLLs at ranges around Sac? Good/bad? I live in Folsom and my family has 40 acres of freedom in the foothills, but I don't always feel like driving an hour and a half for some target practice!

tygerpaw
12-13-2006, 3:51 PM
I havnt shot there, but I wouldnt think that Sav Valley Shooting center would give you a hard time. Also, Yolo Sportsman's Association in near the Woodland Airport would not give you a hard time at all. They dont care what you shoot, as long as you shoot it safely.

762cavalier
12-13-2006, 4:19 PM
+1 to Sac Valley Shooting Center. Just took My OLL there and had a blast. They are not there to inspect your weapons or make sure they are legal, they just care if you are shooting safely. Besides the public range they have there they have other ranges for members only including steel silhouette ranges and action pistol ranges. Its not too far away from you in Folsom, located just east of Rancho Murietta.

natedogg1777
12-13-2006, 4:25 PM
what about Cordova shooting center...they are an AW dealer so I would think they would be privvy to CA law and not hastle me too much. Also, what about BLM land? Do rangers patrol BLM land pretty regularly?

I'm just worried about running into ignorant people!

Lohse
12-13-2006, 4:33 PM
I've been to the Yolo range quite a bit. They are reallly laid back there and it's quite cheap. It's $7 day fee if you're not a member and a 1 yr membership is something like $40. The only problem is that they aren't open on Mon and Tues because the Yolo County Sheriffs department is out there practicing.

Shane916
12-13-2006, 5:11 PM
what about Cordova shooting center...they are an AW dealer so I would think they would be privvy to CA law and not hastle me too much.

Hmm, first I have heard of that! :confused:

wuhungsix
12-13-2006, 5:40 PM
The FFL there does have and AW license. The range masters there are all okay with the OLLs. Most of them have one themselves.

Edit: I am speaking of Cordova Shooting Center

wayoutwest
12-13-2006, 6:05 PM
I've been to the Yolo range quite a bit. They are reallly laid back there and it's quite cheap. It's $7 day fee if you're not a member and a 1 yr membership is something like $40. The only problem is that they aren't open on Mon and Tues because the Yolo County Sheriffs department is out there practicing.

I have never had anyone comment or even look twice when I have had my OLL. I was told I had to have my bolt open on my CAAK when it was time to switch targets but that was nothing to do with it being off list.

+1 to everything else said

arguy15
12-13-2006, 6:41 PM
If you are in Folsom why not just drive 45 minutes or less up to the Forest?There are a couple of goos spots just outside of Camino.

Lateralus
12-13-2006, 7:00 PM
ive taken my OLL to Cordova with 0 problems, they even sell the bushy carbon-15 inside, i dont think there is mych difference between their product and our toys:)

PLINK
12-13-2006, 7:55 PM
Cordova is cool with OLL's. They also have a evil Bushmaster and an AK for rentals. The ammo is never ending because the pistol grip is installed but no spraying from the hip is allowed. lol

heyjak
12-13-2006, 8:01 PM
I can't say I've shot or even seen an OLL at Yolo Sportsman's, but I do like their attitude! And.....very reasonable prices! I may have to join! ($40):)